Raw sewage released into Phuket's Patong Bay

snoop1130

58 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

So again,  Where should they dump it?

It's better to make positive recommendations rather than just complaining..

They are supposed to "treat" it until it presents no hazard to the environment it is being released into, not just "dump" it because their treatment plant can not handle the volume.

10 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

They are supposed to "treat" it until it presents no hazard to the environment it is being released into, not just "dump" it because their treatment plant can not handle the volume.

Oh.

I did not realize that.     :passifier:

Hang on a bit, I was at Patong twice last year and each time there was a brown slick from the South end of Patong Beach going two thirds of the way North, with the usual have you farted smell. There were plenty of tourists swimming in effluent but I guess if you get shit tourist coming to Phuket I see certain compatibility. At least if you fall from a parachute you get soft landing now.............

On 10/02/2018 at 6:51 PM, watcharacters said:

Where else are they supposed to put it?     :smile:

No challenges,     please.        The government frowns on making things confusing.

Ok, let me think outside the box here, how about they do what most towns do in the civilised world and either treat the sewage until it is clean, clear and not contaminates with bacteria and pump it in the ocean and re-cycle the solids or pump the waste inland to sewage farms and treat it and re-cycle the solids into clean compost. But  those ideas don't pass muster lets just pump shit into the sea.

4 minutes ago, Franko666 said:

Ok, let me think outside the box here, how about they do what most towns do in the civilised world and either treat the sewage until it is clean, clear and not contaminates with bacteria and pump it in the ocean and re-cycle the solids or pump the waste inland to sewage farms and treat it and re-cycle the solids into clean compost. But  those ideas don't pass muster lets just pump shit into the sea.

But wait a minute.      That cost baht and what's the return on it?

You're almost suggesting a leap to thinking about tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

But wait a minute.      That cost baht and what's the return on it?

You're almost suggesting a leap to thinking about tomorrow.

Or someone just "thinking" would be a good start here..........stupid, thick, greedy and corrupt, so nothing will change.

5 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Or someone just "thinking" would be a good start here..........stupid, thick, greedy and corrupt, so nothing will change.

As many on the forum often point out, this country belongs to native Thais.

If they want to dump  raw poop into the ocean, they can continue to do so until member countries of the international community suggest  they do otherwise.

Archived