Iranian intercepted in Thailand using false passport was on his way to London

snoop1130

20 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Well done immigration, one more bad guy stopped on the way to the Uk. :thumbsup:

Anyone traveling on a false or stolen passport , should be jailed 10 years straightaway

on terrorism charges.

Unless He/She has a very very good reason for this. 

There is no reason whatsoever why anyone should be travelling on a false or stolen passport. Terrorism sentence applies here without doubt.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Well done immigration, one more bad guy stopped on the way to the Uk. :thumbsup:

Anyone traveling on a false or stolen passport , should be jailed 10 years straightaway

on terrorism charges.

That means big money to pay the right person

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Yeah, a Dane flying from Phuket (or Bangkok) would arose much less suspicion than an Iranian flying from Dubai or Istanbul.

Just like those that flock to join ISIS or other similar groups. You don't book a ticket from (wherever) to Raqqa and tell people you are just going sightseeing. You book your flight to some other place, change planes (even airlines), travel to a second or even third destination, then make your way to (wherever it is you are really trying to get to).

Just like that Taliban wannabee in Canada. The one who used to be married to Omar Khadr's sister. He wanted to join the Taliban and knew he wouldn't be let out of the country if anyone suspected his real intentions so he set up a "backpacking trip" in Southern Russia and the "stans" (a collection of former Soviet republics just north of Afghanistan). He took his (heavily) pregnant wife with him to throw off suspicion as well. After all, no one would take their pregnant wife into a war zone to join a terrorist organization, would they ?

Then, while they were "backpacking" in Uzbekistan (or was it Tajikistan ?) Boyle suddenly detours and takes his wife into Afghanistan (after allegedly meeting a "contact" who helped them get to Kabul). They had been keeping in contact with their families on social media up until that sudden, unexplained detour.

Then, while in Kabul, Boyle sends a email claiming they were in a "very dangerous part of the country", apparently unaware that they'd be able to tell in a heartbeat that he was still in Kabul when he sent the email. He was setting things up to make it look like he was somewhere else so that when they "disappeared" it would be assumed they'd been captured by the Taliban. I guess he didn't think they'd be able to figure out that he also made a cash withdrawal from an ATM in Kabul the day they actually did travel to a Taliban controlled area where they were "kidnapped".

His plan worked (obviously).
By pretending to have been kidnapped, he was able to stay with his terrorist buddies as long as he wanted to, until circumstances (a daughter's illness I think) suddenly demanded that he return to the country of the great (and free) healthcare. They arranged to be "seen" and then their terrorist buddies set up a handover with their Pakistani handlers and suddenly he's a "rescued hostage" and getting flown home (for free of course) and front of the line for hospital admittance (for his daughter and then his wife) despite them technically not having any medical coverage.

If he hadn't taken his pregnant wife with him, probably no one would have believed his story at all.

He even managed to finagle a personal meeting with the (terrorist loving) Prime Minister. (That was before he was arrested and charged with over a dozen offences for things he apparently did after getting back to Canada.)

Note: Boyle's ex-wife, Zaynab, had been put on a "Passport Control List" many years ago (before 2001 I think it was). She was put on the list (as was her mother) due to the number of passports they claimed they'd "lost" in a short period of time. Kind of makes you wonder where all those "lost passports" ended up. Zaynab was the one who had publicly claimed that the 5 years she'd spent living with the Taliban were the "best years of her life". That was before she married her 3rd husband (Boyle). 

Yes, Canada does have great and free healthcare.

6 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Why the obsession with Trump? Let it go and just admit he is doing an amazing job. You lost, be a big boy and deal with it

Yes, amazing job. I'm sure Dow Jones will jump to 35,000 before nightfall

52 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

When one looks Iranian a Danish passport is probably not the best solution, or at least with an Iranian sounding name, but with a name like" Kris Stecher" not very plausible!.:coffee1:

and there lies the problem with giving any tom dick or harry citizenship. Like the guy who left that poor Thai girl to die that was quoted as being British, with an Arabic name

Going from the Malaysian flight that seemingly disappeared off the face of the earth, to present there seems to be lots of Iranians both men and women roaming about on false passports around asean countries... I wonder why that is?

The iranian passport gangs have been operating in Bangkok since I lived there 20 years ago, any iranians living in Bangkok permanently are not there working for international companies, they use Thailand as a convenient base to buy and counterfeit passports to smuggle fellow iranians into japan or Europe to work, you can see lots of iranians working illegally in japan selling stuff on the streets. I had indirectly come to know one iranian in Bangkok who said he was a graphic designer which I understood to be passport forger, he got busted soon after 

Well done immigration, one more bad guy stopped on the way to the Uk. [emoji106]
on terrorism charges.

I don't know if there is ever a good reason to use a false passport!?

Sent from my HUAWEI LUA-L21 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I don,t know why he did that, I was in London 20yrs ago, it was so easy for the Iranian to stay in UK, why I know that ? Because I used to be a memeber of a Student club and there were a lot Iranian there, I asked them how could they stay in UK so      easily, they did not    want to tell me at all but I know that at that time, they had a way to stay in UK very easily.

if you check the original news link, you will see he had only 630 baht, i am wondering about what he could do with this amount of money in London.
Also I think a country isn't a place, it's people of that place. if you want to know Iran you have at least two option:
1- going to IR/Tehran
2- going to US/LA
Iran is not worst place in the world but fool people ,same as this foolish man who paid 5000$ for a stolen passport instead of making a business with that money, made it as a bloody hell.

4 hours ago, Bangkokazy said:

If you live in a country like Iran.

I would have done the same thing.
but I'm so fortunate that I live in Europe so I do not have to think about it.
but there are people out there who do whatever to get to the UK.

Overview_of_Calais_Jungle.jpg

what's wrong with that. Looks like Glastonbury. Just get the Polish to clean it up ; )

3 hours ago, jamesmith said:

I don,t know why he did that, I was in London 20yrs ago, it was so easy for the Iranian to stay in UK, why I know that ? Because I used to be a memeber of a Student club and there were a lot Iranian there, I asked them how could they stay in UK so      easily, they did not    want to tell me at all but I know that at that time, they had a way to stay in UK very easily.

I was also in London 20 years ago and I didnt have any Iranian friends because they were stuck in Iran, unable to get to the UK

Like the rest of you, I do not have all the facts here. Consider another angle on this. Look at the recent and ongoing demonstrations in Iran. Many, especially young and educated Iranians want jobs, want an end to inflation rivaling that of Venezuela, want better healthcare, an end to foreign meddling by their government, and more civil rights and less theocratic foolishness.

Is it beyond the realm of possibility that this man was trying to escape his circumstances; was seeking to better his life? Are you aware that one has to have government permission to leave Iran? And that they are NOT freely giving out passports? Could he have been pursued by the police who, the Fars News agency claims, have arrested 5,000 people, most of them quite young, already.

Believe me, Iran is a far worse police state than any most of us have lived in.

I agree that most people who travel on a fake passport are up to no good. And no one who called me a Liberal ever was standing long, but there are circumstances and conditions in which desperate folks will break the law.

Archived