Wood Chip For Smoking

ezzra

Just got my self this portable electric smoker and now I looking for wood dust or chips

that are free of any wood treatment of any kind, best will be of fruit trees, oak, mahogany,

mesquite etc, etc, (Pine no good)

any one with Info where to get some?

Just got my self this portable electric smoker and now I looking for wood dust or chips

that are free of any wood treatment of any kind, best will be of fruit trees, oak, mahogany,

If you're in Bangkok, go to True Value Hardware or Carrefour. I've seen Jack Daniels smoking pellets there.

Thanks,

But would them pallets be as good as the reaql thing? what are they made of?

If you're in Bangkok, go to True Value Hardware or Carrefour. I've seen Jack Daniels smoking pellets there.

Thanks for all the Info guys, really neat, I'll try them all,

Thanks,

Does the smoking add that much difference to the taste. I have a BBQ made out of half a 44 gallon drum. So I cook pork legs and ribs for about 3 - 6 (depending on size) hours on a slow heat. With the marinate they taste beautiful. Are the wood chips really going to make that much of a difference?

Cheers ITR