Dream holiday turned to nightmare for friends who lost everything in Thailand fire

rooster59

5 minutes ago, Thian said:

If my embassy let me down after all my stuff got burned in a hotelfire i would sit in front of their building untill i am in the newspapers or die there. They would help me of course, just give me money from my own bankaccount so i can go working in china as a teacher.

An Embassy should only help people who are desperate and have no other option , in this day and age, there is little need for Embassys .

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a silly story.  They are not destitute, and most certainly have  money.

The tip offs are;

- The teeth. They don't have English teeth. That took some money to do.

- They are employed, albeit as teachers, but still they have  jobs and certainly would not have gone on a  trip without appropriate financial resources.

I get it that they have been  hurt by the fire, but everyday in the UK people suffer  fire losses. In Thailand, there is a tragedy an hour, and yet here they are asking for a handout. best of luck and to those who wish to contribute, ok.

23 hours ago, Thian said:

Well since they lost their passports they can just fly back to the UK and will get EVERYTHING for free as asylum seekers.

“We estimate between the three of us we lost around £6,000 worth of personal belongings that night,” Danny said.

Oh boy you guys really lost EVERYTHING!!! And since you are from the UK you can't go to the embassy since they sold and get money within an hour so you can buy new cloths. 

What a drama story....they should be happy they weren't in the hotel during the blaze...

or they could paddle toward Australia, claim they are fleeing syrians and the border patrol will pick them up .... and six months from now they will all be in Australia & have new homes, free food, free medical, and jobs ...

english teachers is china earn approximately the same wages as

english teachers in thailand.....although with paid vacation, accommodations

provided, annual flights paid, and half the class-load.

pay is good for china, unfortunately many still try to live a western

lifestyle, wind up living paycheck to paycheck. i would hope they

had a decent emergency stash in their accessible chinese bank

accounts, but would not assume they did.

leaving the passports behind and carrying photocopies is understandable.

wouldn't want to lose the passports in the bars or at the beach.   always

leave passport in the room safe if one is provided, or at the front desk. 

not much help though if the place burns down.

Archived