Australian man victim of violent assault in popular Pattaya bar - report

Jonathan Fairfield

Australian man victim of violent assault in popular Pattaya bar - report

soi-6.png

Pattaya Soi 6 - Google Street View

A man has suffered serious injuries and may even have been killed after being the victim of a violent assault in a bar in Pattaya.

The victim, who is believed to be Australian, was attacked by a man in the Ruby Lounge at around 6.30pm on Friday 9th February in front of shocked customers and staff.

According to reports on social media the victim became involved in a confrontation with a group of 4-5 foreign men who were allegedly very drunk and acting in an aggressive manner.

If it is unclear how or why the confrontation began but according to a witness one of the group is said to have approached the victim before throwing him across the bar and punching him several times in the face. 

As the victim was the on the floor, the attacker then stamped on his head multiple times, according to an account from someone who claimed to have seen the incident and posted on the Pattaya 24/7 Facebook group.

“He [the attacker] smashed his foot from above in the guys [victim's] face at least 10-15 times with full force. That whole incident lasted probably 20 seconds”, the witness wrote.

The witness claimed the victim was left unconscious and suffered horrific injuries to his face. 

They said that the group of 4-5 men who were with the attacker even took photos of the victim as he lay on the floor.

“The bully's buddies where making pics of the poor guy and were very proud of her friend. They didn't make an attempt to leave the bar. We left the scene before the ambulance arrived”, the post read.

Thaivisa hasn’t been able to confirm the incident and has received conflicting reports on the condition of the victim, with one witness saying the victim later died in hospital.

It is not known if police are investigating the incident.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

“He [the attacker] smashed his foot from above in the guys [victim's] face at least 10-15 times with full force. That whole incident lasted probably 20 seconds”, the witness wrote.

That is serious violence, and if the story is true, it is attempted murder (or murder, if, in fact he did pass away).

7 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

It is not known if police are investigating the incident.

If someone has had the shit kicked out of them and possibly has died, you would think the police would be investigating. As for the friends of the assailant taking photos of the guy on the floor, that is just sick. I hope the cops do investigate and find this guy. Stamping on someones head when they are on the floor is just wrong.

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

If someone has had the shit kicked out of them and possibly has died, you would think the police would be investigating. 

Yes, the report didnt say that the Police were not investigating , the reporter just didnt know whether they were or not

1 hour ago, saakura said:

Oh my God. This is going to be very tough for all our resident thai bashing keyboard warriors. A gang of 5 farangs attacking a weaker person and stomping on his face while he was down!! 

Happens multiple times in the UK on any given weekend. 

Yeah well, a bar is a place you go in to have a bit of a drink and and a chat

with a mate but it's also a place that can turn very quickly very bad on

you in a second, know your place and mind your manners, even in a bar...

2 hours ago, quandow said:

PLEASE tell me there was a camera somewhere in the Ruby Lounge that caught the faces of these animals! CCT, cell phone, SOMETHING!

There must be cameras down Soi 6 that they walked past, finger crossed. Get these pieces of shit in a Thai jail and let's see how hard they really are

2 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Maybe prison is where they got hard .

What a  Thai Prison? I doubt it as they are foreigners and would be blacklisted. Can you let know what country has prisons harder than Thailands, maybe China or Guantanamo Bay

2 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Ban all the beer bar's 

So all this stupid guys meaby not coming to Thailand 

Bar's are for no good 

Good idea, ban all the beer bars, then to fill time maybe we can start a bridge club or play darts

My gut tells me this American is the guy who punched a local farang at Starbucks in Tukom for smoking near him on Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised if the Tukom guy he got into is not carrying a broken nose/jaw around now. His buddies couldn't contain him, he was a man on a mission this prik.

6 hours ago, saakura said:

Oh my God. This is going to be very tough for all our resident thai bashing keyboard warriors. A gang of 5 farangs attacking a weaker person and stomping on his face while he was down!! 

No,   

There's still the matter of whether or not the police will get involved with pursuing  this crime.

Bets anyone?..

1 minute ago, watcharacters said:

No,   

There's still the matter of whether or not the police will get involved with pursuing  this crime.

Bets anyone?..

You can't be serious? someone's been killed. Just hope they've got the guy locked up and not put him on a plane home. 

7 minutes ago, blankagain said:

My gut tells me this American is the guy who punched a local farang at Starbucks in Tukom for smoking near him on Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised if the Tukom guy he got into is not carrying a broken nose/jaw around now. His buddies couldn't contain him, he was a man on a mission this prik.

who ever he is, he needs locking up for a long time. clearly a complete sick lunatic if the report is correct. and his mates too for being sick bastards taking photos

2 minutes ago, blankagain said:

You can't be serious? someone's been killed. Just hope they've got the guy locked up and not put him on a plane home. 

Read somewhere he had turned himself in to the police and was being held until courts opened Monday.

2 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

who ever he is, he needs locking up for a long time. clearly a complete sick lunatic if the report is correct. and his mates too for being sick bastards taking photos

I was going to take a photo of him but thought otherwise. Wish I had now. The motorbike boy's heard it and came to have a look but seeing it was 2 farangs they left.

Archived