Australian man victim of violent assault in popular Pattaya bar - report

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Media1 said:

This is a joke of a law system. God help these people

If you're the accused, it's a lovely system.

If you want justice, it's available for a price too.

...and you were a judge, would you drive a Corolla?

It's the way this World works. The bigger have the right-of-way, the richer have the justice.

Live and let live I say. 

Except he didn't, so now his penalty is having to eat the poor quality Thai version of a Western sandwich, all while listen to his girlfriend drone on about the importance of "playing nice" and "not going to brothels all the time."

Thai women. Sheesh!

On 2/13/2018 at 8:35 AM, FolkGuitar said:

You are correct. It is not required for a 'charge' of murder to be brought before the courts. But I believe it is required for a 'conviction' of murder.

Premeditation is not required for a murder conviction.

Murder is generally defined in law as an intent to cause serious harm or injury (alone or with others), combined with a death arising from that intention, there are circumstances where a death will be treated as murder even if the defendant did not wish to kill the actual victim. When the defendant intended serious harm to one or more persons, but an unintended other person dies as a result, and or several people share an intent to do serious harm, and the victim dies because of the action of any of those involved, eg. if another person goes 'further than expected' or performs an unexpectedly lethal action.

3 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

Premeditation is not required for a murder conviction.

Murder is generally defined in law as an intent to cause serious harm or injury (alone or with others), combined with a death arising from that intention, there are circumstances where a death will be treated as murder even if the defendant did not wish to kill the actual victim. When the defendant intended serious harm to one or more persons, but an unintended other person dies as a result, and or several people share an intent to do serious harm, and the victim dies because of the action of any of those involved, eg. if another person goes 'further than expected' or performs an unexpectedly lethal action.

and who decides this in a moment of ones terror and fear for ones own life? some judge who was bullied at school or a bunch of house wives on the jury that are so board and cant wait to get home to watch the next episode of home and away ?

why the sad click ? have you ever walk in the shoes of a man thats on trail ? no i thought as much. think before you make a judgement. 

28 minutes ago, catman20 said:

and who decides this in a moment of ones terror and fear for ones own life? some judge who was bullied at school or a bunch of house wives on the jury that are so board and cant wait to get home to watch the next episode of home and away ?

Who decides? In the moment you go from defender of the weak into the aggressor by kicking a man down or stomping on his head YOU decide. Doesn't anyone have any code to live by any more?

If a man is down and stays down, it's over. If he gets up for more, give him more. If you can only fight by blindsiding and overpowering a man down (because you are afraid of them getting up and facing you in a real fight), then you are a coward. Just stay out of it.

"Between the stimulus and response lies your ability to decide."

47 minutes ago, catman20 said:

why the sad click ? have you ever walk in the shoes of a man thats on trail ? no i thought as much. think before you make a judgement. 

You respond to  like/dislike by editing your post? Dude, make another post so I can tag it "confused"...

And to answer: The cowardice of believing it can be justified to kill a man because you are AFRAID made me sad. There.

As to asking and answering your own (incomprehensible) question, that's just weak.

2 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Consider the following hypothetical proposition:

Some guys have blackout anger, others get tunnel vision rage. These may be mitigating factors to a psychiatrist who could testify for the defense. Perhaps his testimony could result in a manslaughter verdict?

Certainly could. And killing out of fear of the attacker would be considered manslaughter too. But still unjustified.

7 hours ago, catman20 said:

have you ever walk in the shoes of a man thats on trail ? no i thought as much. think before you make a judgement.

Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. After that who cares - you're a mile away, and you've got his shoes...

On 14/02/2018 at 4:51 PM, hyku1147 said:

Typical Mainstream Media haven't got a clue. I stopped reading & listening to them a long time ago. One fine example of their reporting is this line from that very article. " Just 24 hours after the fatal bar fight, a number of fights erupted on Pattaya's Walking Street, close to the Ruby Club. " Getting closer to the truth. I'd say getting further from it.

Archived