Australian man victim of violent assault in popular Pattaya bar - report

Jonathan Fairfield

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

there are certainly bar brawls that happen but this was a particularly brutal attack that is not the norm, at some point during this serious assault it could be argued that the motive changed to "wanting to kill"

Someone died and the Thai police cannot and will not ignore that fact, if not murder it sure is manslaughter and will carry a hefty jail term, fish head soup for at least 15 years

I would also be doing a background check with the US authorities - if the account of what happened is even half right this thug will have previous form in the US

RIP to the guy 

Is there a possibility he will get bail?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

I can read well enough thanks. I was referring to scubascuba3 who was quoting you, claiming you were wrong and that he was dead. If you cannot comprehend what you are reading then that is not an issue with my ability to read but rather that of yours.

Sorry, obvious you can read and comprehend.

1 minute ago, Fish Head Soup said:

Is there a link to the Starbucks incident? Hyperlink I mean...

No, as far as I'm aware it wasn't reported. I was a witness to it on wednesday. I'm going to court tomorrow to see if it was the same guy and my gut tells me his behaviour is consistent with this POS. 

Just now, blankagain said:

No, as far as I'm aware it wasn't reported. I was a witness to it on wednesday. I'm going to court tomorrow to see if it was the same guy and my gut tells me his behaviour is consistent with this POS. 

Ahh right, I got you. Thanks. People saying there is more information on this OP on other sites, I don't seem to be able to find it though?

1 hour ago, blankagain said:

Not sure it's wise to advertise that on the internet, let alone a Thailand based forum.

1 hour ago, blankagain said:

Advertise what! it was in a public space witnessed by many. Are you going to say it's sub-justice? 

I was thinking more you don't know who these people are, I doubt his 4 mates are in jail, also high chance they might not be choir boys + might be members of this forum, yes witnessed by many, but how many will be going down the courthouse tomorrow and loitering around where he and they will be.  By all means be a witness if you want but why not keep a low profile for your own security.

3 hours ago, Air Smiles said:

I was thinking more you don't know who these people are, I doubt his 4 mates are in jail, also high chance they might not be choir boys + might be members of this forum, yes witnessed by many, but how many will be going down the courthouse tomorrow and loitering around where he and they will be.  By all means be a witness if you want but why not keep a low profile for your own security.

No, the starbuck crew were tourists as I heard them say they'd been here a week. Court is now in 10 days for a re-enactment. Just a note, I'm a female and would have been attending solo without a posse.

I used to enjoy going to bars when I was in my 20s and 30s... Apart from the occasional glassing, fights were generally 1 on 1 and finished if someone went down.

There are too many news reports like this one these days, stomping on heads !!! Why ? Really, why ??

Now in my mid 40s, I no longer go to bars and am quite happy living the rural life, away from tourist mayhem...

RIP to the Aussie, condolences to his family. Hope the American is suitably punished for his reprehensible behavior, if convicted..

23 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

Yet more lives ruined for what will probably be found to be the result of nothing more than a funny look across the bar. Pretty sad all in all.....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I have heard that the American was on his own, the Australian was with a friend and that the Australian was the initial aggressor, drunk and abusive and had grabbed a girl who was working in the bar by the throat, the American went over and told him to let her go and was attacked by the Australian, they then exchanged blows and the Australian came out of it far worse off. Just what I have been told and I'm not stating it as fact. CCTV will soon show what happened for sure.

50 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

I have heard that the American was on his own, the Australian was with a friend and that the Australian was the initial aggressor, drunk and abusive and had grabbed a girl who was working in the bar by the throat, the American went over and told him to let her go and was attacked by the Australian, they then exchanged blows and the Australian came out of it far worse off. Just what I have been told and I'm not stating it as fact. CCTV will soon show what happened for sure.

sounds about right, if you look for trouble your sure to find it.

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

I used to enjoy going to bars when I was in my 20s and 30s... Apart from the occasional glassing, fights were generally 1 on 1 and finished if someone went down.

There are too many news reports like this one these days, stomping on heads !!! Why ? Really, why ??

Now in my mid 40s, I no longer go to bars and am quite happy living the rural life, away from tourist mayhem...

RIP to the Aussie, condolences to his family. Hope the American is suitably punished for his reprehensible behavior, if convicted..

wrong place wrong time, could happen to anyone. very sad for all involved.

20 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

That is serious violence, and if the story is true, it is attempted murder (or murder, if, in fact he did pass away).

Not diminishing this at all, but more likely to be manslaughter, unless they could be proved to have set out to kill him with "malice aforethought"!

Hope the victim is ok & recovers

4 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Not diminishing this at all, but more likely to be manslaughter, unless they could be proved to have set out to kill him with "malice aforethought"!

Hope the victim is ok & recovers

Do try to keep up, the victim is dead!

20 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

If its farang on farang, will they care to investigate.

sounds sickening...anyone got a link to the video...i cant log on

to fartbook.

had only good times at Ruby what a shocker.

I am glad there was no video posted here, I don't even want to see that as just the description of it makes my stomach turn.

9 minutes ago, catman20 said:

wrong place wrong time, could happen to anyone. very sad for all involved.

I disagree that it could happen to anyone... Certain people put themselves in these situations.

That is why I don't go to bars anymore, I reckon my chances of not getting smashed are better than those that frequent bars on a regular basis !!

5 minutes ago, LennyW said:

Do try to keep up, the victim is dead!

"Thaivisa hasn’t been able to confirm the incident and has received conflicting reports on the condition of the victim, with one witness saying the victim later died in hospital"

This isn't stated categorically in the article (only by "a witness").

The headline doesn't mention a fatality either.

Do try to keep up!

Archived