Australian man victim of violent assault in popular Pattaya bar - report

Jonathan Fairfield

8 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Kick to the head is murder attempt the farang attacker and his friends are all just as guilty each minimum 30 years in jail.

i think your over reacting here a bit, need to know all the facets before you become judge, jury and executioner.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

"Thaivisa hasn’t been able to confirm the incident and has received conflicting reports on the condition of the victim, with one witness saying the victim later died in hospital"

This isn't stated categorically in the article (only by "a witness").

The headline doesn't mention a fatality either.

Do try to keep up!

https://thepattayanews.com/2018/02/11/australian-national-dies-fight-american-foreigner-popular-northern-pattaya-bar/

9 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I disagree that it could happen to anyone... Certain people put themselves in these situations.

That is why I don't go to bars anymore, I reckon my chances of not getting smashed are better than those that frequent bars on a regular basis !!

I disagree, in the UK just look at someone in some pubs and they'll start something. Lots of blokes out there who get like this every time they go drinking, then go home & beat up the wife.

Although you're correct in saying that not going out to pubs is the best way to avoid this

3 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

14 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

"Thaivisa hasn’t been able to confirm the incident and has received conflicting reports on the condition of the victim, with one witness saying the victim later died in hospital"

This isn't stated categorically in the article (only by "a witness").

The headline doesn't mention a fatality either.

Do try to keep up!

Do try to keep up.

13 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

I disagree, in the UK just look at someone in some pubs and they'll start something. Lots of blokes out there who get like this every time they go drinking, then go home & beat up the wife.

Although you're correct in saying that not going out to pubs is the best way to avoid this

Hahahah, that was my point, but you disagreed anyway, then agreed !!! 

9 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Ok. I'll start. I'm going Russian.

Its has been established and reported that the attacker (and we can assume his associates) was American, now in custody, Its also been reported (not verified) that the Australian victim was the initial aggressor.

He [the attacker] smashed his foot from above in the guys [victim's] face at least 10-15 times with full force. That whole incident lasted probably 20 seconds

I m not a regular bar visitor and I know that any bar could be dangerous in a minute, but is there any staff in that bar? Doorman or else?
An incident lasting 20 minutes is not a flash hit and run.

Just now, KiChakayan said:

Because it is so easy to blend in.

I know some very intelligent farangs (graduates), otherwise perfectly sensible guys, who turn into headcases when drunk.:saai:

One of the things that booze does is affect/impair brain function, this can work the same with dumb brains as well as brilliant ones!

12 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Its has been established and reported that the attacker (and we can assume his associates) was American, now in custody, Its also been reported (not verified) that the Australian victim was the initial aggressor.

Ok. Cheers. Hope they throw the book at them not just extort money.

14 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Actually, it is not murder. A charge of 'murder' requires premeditation.

This would be a charge of 'manslaughter' if the victim dies.

If he did indeed stomp him on the head 10-15 times , I would suggest the extra 9-14 were an attempt at murder. There was certainly an intention to cause 'malice aforethought'...

13 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Pattaya and the other tourist hot-spots like Phuket/Samui etc. attract all the garbage...both foreign and local, as well as the normal visitor who has little clue too.

I have not seen the claim repeated but there in a Bike Club event going on in Pattaya and early reports attributed this to them. 

20 minutes ago, ostyan said:

He [the attacker] smashed his foot from above in the guys [victim's] face at least 10-15 times with full force. That whole incident lasted probably 20 seconds

I m not a regular bar visitor and I know that any bar could be dangerous in a minute, but is there any staff in that bar? Doorman or else?
An incident lasting 20 minutes is not a flash hit and run.

20 secs bro... Not 20 min :)

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

If he did indeed stomp him on the head 10-15 times , I would suggest the extra 9-14 were an attempt at murder. There was certainly an intention to cause 'malice aforethought'...

Yes, there was malice, but no premeditation.

Yes and no. Depending on the jury and the ruling law. I know laws which make a sharp difference if someone hits the others one or two times and the victim dies and when someone attacks the others relatively long time. On the other hand, we don't have any information on the "reason" of their fight.

9 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Yes, there was malice, but no premeditation.

Premeditation is not a requirement for a murder charge or conviction.

If you are a USA citizen you may be relating to 1st degree murder. There is second degree murder, murder nevertheless. Thai law states intent and malice. 

Just now, jacko45k said:

Premeditation is not a requirement for a murder charge or conviction.

If you are a USA citizen you be relating to 1st degree murder. There is second degree murder, murder nevertheless. Thai law states intent and malice. 

Not sure about Thai law, but I think that under English law there's only murder or manslaughter, no second degree murder.

I think intent & premeditation is the only difference.

Thai law is a bit of a mystery to me!:saai:

22 hours ago, saakura said:

Oh my God. This is going to be very tough for all our resident thai bashing keyboard warriors. A gang of 5 farangs attacking a weaker person and stomping on his face while he was down!! 

For those that laughed and loved Mr saakura's comment then hopefully all of you get the same fate one day! Karma baby. Sick people in here sometimes!

22 hours ago, saakura said:

Oh my God. This is going to be very tough for all our resident thai bashing keyboard warriors. A gang of 5 farangs attacking a weaker person and stomping on his face while he was down!! 

But easy for the resident Pattaya bashers like me. 

A troll post has been removed.

Further across the board Pattaya bashing for no reason will be removed and that member will earn a long suspension, bar fights do happen all over the world. 

Archived