Australian man victim of violent assault in popular Pattaya bar - report

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, norrska said:

Be careful out there people.  This is not boxing or MMA where a referee is waiting to save you. There are no split decisions on the streets. It is much better to swallow pride and walk away rather than get involved in this.

Very true, much better to split than swallow.

16 hours ago, Air Smiles said:

I don't care what any law says, if the above is true then its murder.

Agree. The necessary premeditation begins when your foe is no longer able to pose you a threat yet you continue to mindlessly stamp on his head, with his death being the reasonably foreseeable result.

Well this will set back tourism again. Here are some of the global medias coverage found in top news category.

Australian man's head stomped '10 to 15 times' in fatal Thai bar brawl

Brisbane Times 3h ago

Related Coverage

Australian man killed in bar fight in Pattaya, Thailand

Highly Cited Herald Sun 2h ago

Melbourne Man Dead After Bar Fight In Thailand

Triple M 54m ago

23 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

If its farang on farang, will they care to investigate.

sounds sickening...anyone got a link to the video...i cant log on

to fartbook.

had only good times at Ruby what a shocker.

I think you are right. A close friend of mine was just attacked by a fellow resident in the foyer of his condo, all caught on CCTV and a 3rd party’s mobile phone.

He went to the hospital then presented at the Pattaya Police Station with his medical report, video footage and visible injuries. The police have declined to investigate further.

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, darksidedog said:

If someone has had the shit kicked out of them and possibly has died, you would think the police would be investigating. As for the friends of the assailant taking photos of the guy on the floor, that is just sick. I hope the cops do investigate and find this guy. Stamping on someones head when they are on the floor is just wrong.

Australian news have reported he has died

What a pack of hero's .. lets hope the one doing the stomping gets his just desserts

Some off topic posts have been removed also an unwarranted Pattaya Bashing post.

As posted earlier Pattaya Bashing posts will be removed and that poster will face a substantial posting suspension. Bar fights happen everywhere

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm a journalist and have worked with Thai reporters. Not one of them would last a week in the real world. But what can you expect when from your first day of school you are encouraged not to ask questions, and almost from birth not to challenge those supposedly higher up the social ladder.

I'd be just as likely to point the finger at defamation laws that can have you bankrupted and jailed, even for printing the truth. 

Of course, the defamation laws are just a symptom...  One of many.

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
15 hours ago, blankagain said:
Nope! the starbuck thugs looked anything but criminals, no tatts well dressed and in their 40's.

We shall see. Reading the detail about the attack i doubt they are regular Starbuck types

For a little background, just because it is outside seating doesn't mean smoking is aloud. The Starbucks at Central festival outside seating is also non-smoking. Most ignore it even after having been told by staff...I'm not sure of tukcom but I'd suspect the same..

On 2/11/2018 at 10:50 AM, quandow said:

PLEASE tell me there was a camera somewhere in the Ruby Lounge that caught the faces of these animals! CCT, cell phone, SOMETHING!

I had a bad experience walking up soi 7  it might be the same guys there was about 4 or 5 of them , they were walking down soi 7 and without any word exchanges or anything one of them came upto me and started screaming in my face , you have not had any luck tonight eh ? as i was on my own not with a girl , he had a girl there so i presume he was refering to the fact he had a girl and i did not he also sounded american but seemed to be tanned brown skin as he walked off to the group i turned round and they were laughing and joking with each other , so i screamed back at him i have had 5 women today and he heard it amongst the noise , so i knew i had given back what i had got without me doing anything in the first place , as i was walking away he starts screaming 5 women 5 women 5 women so to show i was not scared of him i just put 1 finger up in the air saying to him F.CK  YOU  and he kept on yelling 5 women 5 women so i put my hand up in the air showing 5 fingers and then pointed to him and put 1 finger up in the air and then gave him your a T.OSS.R sign and carried on walking so i made sure he was humiliated in front of his mates , this was about 2.30 am - 3am on saturday early morning so wether it was him with his mates who earlier had caused this i dont know , but i know it was unprovoked him coming up and screaming in my face. usually you can get this type of unprovoked violance about once every couple of months , when there are 5 of them and your on your own this guy and the other one who do this sort of thing are really COWARDS they only do this as they know their mates are there to protect them , but if they were on their own and one to one with you they would not dare do it as deep down they are COWARDS !

16 hours ago, Get Real said:

Coming to Thailand, and beating the shit out of, or in this case appearently killing, another person. Yeah, that´s exactly why the policy "Good Guys in, and Bad Guys out" exists.
However, theese persons are probably going to be welcome to stay in a free facility in Thailand without 90-day report for a very long time. Congratulations!

Why in the world does Thailand attract so many individuals with non existing brain function?

May be because a guy with no brain function are the rejects of society and usually not have success in life so cannot afford places like south France and Bahammas

5 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Prey tell why you select UK as an example when it happens all over the world?

Because I am from the UK and still follow the news from there and remember how town and city centres were like when I lived there. I can't comment on other countries; others on this thread have.

12 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

I had a bad experience walking up soi 7  it might be the same guys there was about 4 or 5 of them , they were walking down soi 7 and without any word exchanges or anything one of them came upto me and started screaming in my face , you have not had any luck tonight eh ? as i was on my own not with a girl , he had a girl there so i presume he was refering to the fact he had a girl and i did not he also sounded american but seemed to be tanned brown skin as he walked off to the group i turned round and they were laughing and joking with each other , so i screamed back at him i have had 5 women today and he heard it amongst the noise , so i knew i had given back what i had got without me doing anything in the first place , as i was walking away he starts screaming 5 women 5 women 5 women so to show i was not scared of him i just put 1 finger up in the air saying to him F.CK  YOU  and he kept on yelling 5 women 5 women so i put my hand up in the air showing 5 fingers and then pointed to him and put 1 finger up in the air and then gave him your a T.OSS.R sign and carried on walking so i made sure he was humiliated in front of his mates , this was about 2.30 am - 3am on saturday early morning so wether it was him with his mates who earlier had caused this i dont know , but i know it was unprovoked him coming up and screaming in my face. usually you can get this type of unprovoked violance about once every couple of months , when there are 5 of them and your on your own this guy and the other one who do this sort of thing are really COWARDS they only do this as they know their mates are there to protect them , but if they were on their own and one to one with you they would not dare do it as deep down they are COWARDS !

You probably ought to donate something to a temple.  Tossing the guy the finger like that, you could have just as easily been the dead guy in the OP.  Luck of the draw...

Why can't I find any information about this attack in the local Thai media (Thai language) ? They always report tragic incidents like this. All articles I found is in English.

1 minute ago, balo said:

Why can't I find any information about this attack in the local Thai media (Thai language) ? They always report tragic incidents like this. All articles I found is in English.

Perhaps scantily dressed coffee shop hostesses are more important in the local news hiearchy?

7 minutes ago, impulse said:

You probably ought to donate something to a temple.  Tossing the guy the finger like that, you could have just as easily been the dead guy in the OP.  Luck of the draw...

Nah i would have beaten the sh.t out of him ! he is coward just like the guy in this story ! ha 

26 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'd be just as likely to point the finger at defamation laws that can have you bankrupted and jailed, even for printing the truth. 

Of course, the defamation laws are just a symptom...  One of many.

True. I remember when a foreign journalist at the Bangkok Post wrote about an untouchable and then had to flee the country to avoid jail.

16 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

May be because a guy with no brain function are the rejects of society and usually not have success in life so cannot afford places like south France and Bahammas

Yeah, can be! I just wish 2 things to happen then:

• Give free tickets to Bangladesh
  • Start raising the expenses for living in Thailand

Archived