10 Year Retirement Visa

Immigration is not accepting applications for them. They have to be applied for at a embassy or consulate in your home country.
Requirements are here on the embassy in Washington DC website. http://thaiembdc.org/non-immigrant-visa-category-o-x-long-stay/

From the link;
"– Foreigners who enter Thailand with other type of Visa/Visa Exemption may contact the Immigration Bureau and apply for Non-O-X visa."

Sent from my M6 Note using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Windynoi said:

From the link;
"– Foreigners who enter Thailand with other type of Visa/Visa Exemption may contact the Immigration Bureau and apply for Non-O-X visa."

I can assure immigration has not issued one yet. People have asked and were told no.

10 minutes ago, Lumbini said:

10-Year Thai Retirement Visa is applied for and given at same office in Jomtien ( or other city imigration offices ) that you do your one year extensions for retirement visa's or got them originally
https://www.keyvisathailand.com/10-year-thai-retirement-visa-yay-or-nay/

Did you notice the date on that post "13/09/2017". Immigration is not doing them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lumbini said:

That was over three months ago

It was over 5 months ago shortly after the non-ox visa was announced in August of last year. It didn't happen like what was written in that post.

You can go to Jomtien immigration to ask about it like others have and be told no.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It was over 5 months ago shortly after the non-ox visa was announced in August of last year. It didn't happen like what was written in that post.

You can go to Jomtien immigration to ask about it like others have and be told no.

I think what they mean by issuing it locally is actually a 2,000 baht conversion from whatever to non O-X.

If I recall the translation of the official instructions says that you can apply in your "country of residence".  So hopefully the situation will change at some time. 

I don't know of anyone who has been successful in applying for this visa yet - I tried in my home country and failed on the 3M not being in a bank for more than 1 year (the instructions are not crystal clear on that).

11 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I don't know of anyone who has been successful in applying for this visa yet - I tried in my home country and failed on the 3M not being in a bank for more than 1 year (the instructions are not crystal clear on that).

Hmm... the way the DC Embassy website info reads, the wording makes it sound like you need to keep the 3M for one year after getting the visa, and then it can drop to 1.5M thereafter. I don't see it saying one year IN ADVANCE of applying.

– Applicant must have a bank deposit of no less than 3 million bahts in Thailand or a bank deposit of no less than 1.8 million bahts and annual income of no less than 1.2 million bahts. Such amount must be maintained in bank deposit in full for at least one year, and keep at no less than 1.5 million bahts thereafter.

4. A copy of bank statement (from Thailand financial institutes only) and a letter of guarantee from the bank with bank’s contact information showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 3 Million Bahts, Please note that such minimum amount must be maintained at least 1 year after receiving the visa or A copy of bank statement (from financial institutes located in Thailand only) and a letter of guarantee from the bank with bank’s contact information showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 1.8 Million Bahts and proof of annual incomes of not less than 1.2 Million Bahts (Once the applicants enter Thailand, they must have accumulated money deposited in Thai bank located in Thailand not less than 3 million Baht within 1 year.)

And my personal favorite (:ph34r:) parts about the 10-year visa:

– Upon the completion of 90 days stay period in Thailand, foreigners must notify the Immigration Bureau of their residence in Thailand and shall repeat at every 90 days interval.

– Foreigners must report, in person, to the immigration officer every 1 year for the examination of the qualifications and supporting documents.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

If I recall the translation of the official instructions says that you can apply in your "country of residence".  So hopefully the situation will change at some time. 

From the link posted by Ubonjoe: "4. A copy of bank statement (from Thailand financial institutes only) and a letter of guarantee from the bank with bank’s contact information showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 3 Million Bahts, Please note that such minimum amount must be maintained at least 1 year after receiving the visa-" 

Seems like there's no seasoning requirement before you apply for the visa. 

I remember checking in person with CW Immigration in Bangkok, just out of curiosity, shortly after the 10 year visa was officially launched (meaning said to be actually available), and getting a total runaround. Different answers from each different officer I checked with. Finally pointed me to a section/desk near where the Re-Entry Permits are done, and to a particular officer who was never there during our entire stay that day.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Hmm... the way the DC Embassy website info reads, the wording makes it sound like you need to keep the 3M for one year after getting the visa, and then it can drop to 1.5M thereafter. I don't see it saying one year IN ADVANCE of applying.

I agree thats what I read and thats why I applied (In London) ...... and was immediately knocked back by the immigration officer who stipulated more than one year. I was well pissed as getting the docs together had cost me more than a small sum.

Edited by MRToMRT

4 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I agree thats what I read and thats why I applied (In London) ...... and was immediately knocked back by the immigration officer who stipulated more than one year. I was well pissed as getting the docs together had cost me more than a small sum.

Sorry, but I'm not following your answer above.

You applied at the London Thai Embassy... but there are no Immigration officers there, just embassy/consulate staff.

And someone said they wanted "more than one year."  Someone (who?) wanted you to have your bank deposit of 3 million in place for what duration?  More than 1 year BEFORE you applied? 

Yes, the lady at the the consulate (visa application counter) reviewed my docs and said no, then took it into the backroom to consult with someone higher when I questioned it .... came back with the statement that the funds have to be in the account for MORE than one year and gave me a written translation of the rule (in English) .. I then pointed out the relevant section to her and she stated again "more then one year".

I confirm .... more then one year before applying. I was lucky the Thai insurance company agreed to cancel the insurance so I got some of the funds I spent back.

Edited by MRToMRT

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/11/2018 at 8:59 PM, ubonjoe said:

No changes that I am aware of.

Are there any news on this until today? Is it still not possible to apply for an "Non O-X extension of stay based on retirement" on site in Thailand?

4 hours ago, NanYar said:

Are there any news on this until today? Is it still not possible to apply for an "Non O-X extension of stay based on retirement" on site in Thailand?

No such thing. 

There is a NON-OX Visa certain nationals can apply for in their home country. 

How can one get the 10 year from their own country if they need

– Applicant must have a bank deposit of no less than 3 million bahts in Thailand or a bank deposit of no less than 1.8 million bahts and annual income of no less than 1.2 million bahts. Such amount must be maintained in bank deposit in full for at least one year, and keep at no less than 1.5 million bahts thereafter.

– Applicant must have a Thai health insurance for the duration of stay, with coverage for outpatient treatment of no less than 40,000 bahts and inpatient treatment of no less than 400,000 bahts.

Can people get these 10 year visas now?

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes they can by applying at a embassy or official consulate in their home country.

So they would need to visit Thailand (as a tourist?), open the bank accounts and get insurance, then go back home to apply?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, TyGrr said:

So they would need to visit Thailand (as a tourist?), open the bank accounts and get insurance, then go back home to apply?

The would have to be here to open the bank account.

For the insurance it can be done while out of the country. See: https://longstay.tgia.org/

Info for the requirements are here: http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/other/7394/80938-Non-–-Immigrant-Visa--“O---X”-(Long-Stay-10-years).html

• Like 1

It seems to me that there is no huge benefit in this 10-year visa when compared to 10 1-year extensions.

The annual cost is nearly the same, both carry the same requirements of 90-day reporting and TM30 reporting (where needed) and both require annual verification of paperwork.

On top of that, the 10-year one requires a police check from your home country (tedious and expensive to obtain), the cash deposit is much higher, and the obligatory insurance is quite pricey for what you get.

So I dont see what sort of person would find an advantage in this visa compared to the regular 1-year extension.
That said, it does seem to offer better value than the Thai Elite visa, but of course the TE visa will mainly be of interest to those under 50, or who particularly want to benefit from the included "freebies" like limos to airports, fast track, golf carts, assisted 90-day reporting etc.

• Like 1

Folks the 10 year visa was created for a reason...They did not created the 10 year visa so 5 or 10 people might use it a year if they are lucky...

What exactly that reason is, is yet to be seen...

The requirements are so thick and heavy on the 10 year visa it seems like it was created by some one who would want the numbers of farang to severely go down in Thailand if it was ever required....

Hopefully the 10 year year visa will just be quietly forgotten about and filed in the dust bin....

A 10 year visa is a great idea,just not this one...

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

So I dont see what sort of person would find an advantage in this visa compared to the regular 1-year extension.

I agree that if you are here on an extension of stay Non Immigrant O, getting this visa gives you nothing, other than being able to work for an "approved" charity without a work permit, since buying a motor vehicle and farang quota condo are already permitted

But, for someone going back to their home country annually, eliminating the hassle of a police check every ten years is a benefit since it is a multi entry.   The only sticking point with the O-X,  is the Thai insurance requirement.  IF they allow coverage via your home countries insurance then it would be useful for the annual vacationer (but the chances, when you look at the Thai companies tailoring their insurance plans to the O-X,  that is not going to happen )

5 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

IF they allow coverage via your home countries insurance then it would be useful for the annual vacationer (but the chances, when you look at the Thai companies tailoring their insurance plans to the O-X,  that is not going to happen )

The preferred insurance companies for O-X have premiums in the region of hundreds of K per annum last time I had a look, which makes Thai Elite look cheap.

• Like 1