Bar Girl invites me to go on holiday with her, is this a scam?

Bonobojt

18 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

How could it be a scam? You haven't given her any money! As she's a working bargirl expect to pay her for her time but that's hardly a scam.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Now you see, you are leading the poor boy astray. You see, when a bar girl invites you for a vacation, she will pay all the bills. And if she says there will be no sex, she will gladly pay for any girl you like along the way.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

I don't know, what do you guys think? She's sent me nude photos but she says I'm just friend and not her type so no sex most likely

Are you serious??? :cheesy:

she told me she found out her boyfriend cheated on her so she ran away and became a bar girl, she's only been doing it for 4 weeks

Eeeum? Isn´t that something we all can recall? :cheesy:

but I know I would never do anything stupid like give her money or marry her, we are just friends

I guess you just must be one of a kind. Many brave men have tried to walk that lingering path before, only to meet the biggest defeat any battlefield or history can remember.

But I'm worried

Yes, be worried. Very worried! 

4 hours ago, faraday said:

Do a search on the OP's board name.

Interesting stuff....

:laugh::laugh:

Thank you, indeed  interesting stuff (not)  
I propose to immediately start a collection for a violin.

30 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

Apparently he is 12.

Why try to ridicule the guy. He only wants advice.

33 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Five days a week; my, you sex fiend you

It started out well with the wife. In the early days she loved to experiment every night. After 9 years things have changed. I wanted a little loving the other night. I put her phone on vibrate, held it on her pubes and called her; just like the old days. She awoke. "Wot you wake me for silly man?" "I fancy some 'how's yer father' but I've lost the handcuffs dearest, but we can still use the cucumber. "It went rotten, I threw it out," she said. "Under my pillow; giving me headaches. And stop phoning me." She went back to sleep. Not too lucky on that occasion.

26 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Why try to ridicule the guy. He only wants advice.

It started out well with the wife. In the early days she loved to experiment every night. After 9 years things have changed. I wanted a little loving the other night. I put her phone on vibrate, held it on her pubes and called her; just like the old days. She awoke. "Wot you wake me for silly man?" "I fancy some 'how's yer father' but I've lost the handcuffs dearest, but we can still use the cucumber. "It went rotten, I threw it out," she said. "Under my pillow; giving me headaches. And stop phoning me." She went back to sleep. Not too lucky on that occasion.

Sounds like a personal problem

After 6 years in Pattaya not 1 girl ive met have been there more than 2 weeks. The fun starts when we go out and everyone says hi to her lol. 

So i confront them how they can know everyone. I only been here 2 weeks this time. And they all had bf that cheated but never she. And ofc he gave her 50000thb a month but she dont care about that. 

So befote you set your foot on an island ask her what she wants. Oh btw..... They like seafood so calculate 2000thb a day minimum only for her food.

And dont fall in love <deleted>

She could steal something, try and get my bank card detailts, I don't know but I just know you shouldn't trust bar girls 100% 

Yeah well when she messaged me she said she may like me, but she told me she likes guys with tattoos and big muscles, which I don't have, and she said she doesn't have sex with guys easy outside of work and doesn't bang guys not her type, she also have 2 kids

Yeah I don't want to be some loser in the friend zone watching her flirt with other guys, probably not worth going if I'm getting no sex. Sounds harsh as we are friends but that's the reality of life. 
It just gets worse!!

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Difficult to tell if you should go with her or not.  But if she has only been in the business for a month... well.. I might still say no.  

But there are the very rare exceptions.  I became friends with a bar girl in Chiang Mai before, ( a very wonderful bar girl I have to say), and one day she asked me if I would like to travel with her far into the mountains up near Myanmar to her village where she was born and raised,.... some animist/ancestral time for rituals and honoring spirits of ancestors and making ritual offerings at the grandfather tomb etc...

Well, maybe the the brightest idea, but I went with her.... way off the beaten track back in the mountains to a tribal village.  And it turned into one of the most amazing times in my life..  like out of National Geographic magazine... and the people were wonderful and amazing and I was put up in the home of the girl's mother.  (Her father had been killed some time back in some opium problem)  

I had a very valuable camera with me that I filmed and took photos with.... and yet they never took anything from me even when I left my backpack alone in the house for hours and hours...  They treated me like family...  kids wanted to touch my white skin and hair..     The people were amazingly friendly..... An amazing experience for several days that really cost me nothing except the cost to get to a small town far away with her by yellow songtheaw, where her brother picked us up in a beat up old pickup truck for the journey into the mountains.  

You never know when something might be dangerous to do...... but I'm very happy I decided to go with her. 

Each must decide for themselves if something will be dangerous or in some way costly to do.  You have to go with your gut feelings...  At first I told her 'No"   but changed my mind a few days later before it was time to go to the mountain village.    It's an individual decision, and we must be willing to face the consequences whether good or bad. 

She says she has only been a bar girl for 4 weeks. How would the OP establish this is true?

She sends you nude photos. How would the OP know the photos are of her?

Just go to Phuket by yourself, and there you can decide shag yourself silly/ stay platonic with whoever attaches themself to you. I guarantee you won't have to wait long.

I was 52 when I rocked up here, and had no idea what a bar girl was.

Boy was I in for a shock.

Don't be too hard on him, we were all new here once.

And believed she just started in the bar last week, and she had never gone home with a customer before .............

Please do not understand me wrong. I can imagine a bar girl as a partner with a lot of limitations though. I have seen examples already. Mostly wrong models, I should admit. The fact she sends spicy pictures and she wants to go with this guy wherever, but no sex tells me that she wants to save on some traveling costs and she wants to work without any disturbance. I would delete her address....

This actually did happen to me, but of course I only posted it on here as it's fun to read the replies and advice, whether that's trolling or not I don't know but this did genuinely happen to me. 

The bar girl is 28, smoker, I can't reveal which bar she works at for her own privacy, the guy that cheated on her was a farang not Thai. I'm not sure how long she was going to stay in phuket but she said she was going in 2 months time. 

Well I said to her we should meet first and see how we connect first, I also didn't  accept the holiday offer right away & I played it cool, now she's chatting to other guys and not talking to me, I guess that just says it all... I'm not going to bother messaging her again, unless she sends me a message. 

Think you guys are being a bit harsh, if you have a penis you know how easy it is to be sucked in to a attractive women's charms. 

9 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

And believed she just started in the bar last week, and she had never gone home with a customer before .............

There has to be a week 1.

On 2/12/2018 at 8:12 PM, MaeJoMTB said:

No scenario could relay the "facts" as simply and concisely as you just did.

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:42 PM, Bonobojt said:

could be scamming me, I don't know, what do you guys think? She's sent me nude photos but she says I'm just friend and not her type so no sex most likely, seems to good to be true maybe? 

Post me the photos and I can tell straight away if you are being scammed. Now send them all.

Archived