CBD oil

Xaos

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2018 at 9:37 PM, Sheryl said:

What you quote was an automated response, because the precise term cannabis oil is nto on the FDA list. Please note subsequent posts with specific response, by email, from the FDA itself. CBD oil is currently illegal in Thailand.

Once the bill next month passes making actual cannabis oil legal for medical use by certain people, what will that mean for CBD oil, which contains trace - nil amounts of THC? Would the punishments still remain the same for importing CBD? 

Edited by Easy Come Easy Go

Sometime in the next year is more likely than next month. And the details are not yet known.

But I would be surprised if it was not made a controlled substance (as opposed to completely banned as is currently the case) which would preclude importing it by mail if that is what you mean. (It is technically not legal to import any med by mail, but in practice customs will usually let non-controlled items in if small in quantity). Bringing it in with you would be legal provided necessary permit obtained from fda in advance same as currently required for opiates.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Hey guys first post here,

I've been suffering with seizures for the past 10 years and ahve been living in Thailand for the past 15 years... Is there a way to formally apply or go see if I would be eligible for medical testing/ or however people are getting treatment so early in testing phase?

Sincere question and i hope this thread hasn't been dead long enough to not get a reply!

Best regards, Jara
I dont know but if I was u. I be on cbd now.

• 3 months later...

Most of the high-end anti-aging clinics in Thailand sell cbd and have been doing so for quite some time.  Recently picked up some high-quality Humboldt County, California stuff. Freaking amazing for sleep and pain. It's hard to believe this stuff is illegal when it's being openly sold all over the place.

Edited by Rocket Hawks
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Rocket Hawks said:

Most of the high-end anti-aging clinics in Thailand sell cbd and have been doing so for quite some time.  Recently picked up some high-quality Humboldt County, California stuff. Freaking amazing for sleep and pain. It's hard to believe this stuff is illegal when it's being openly sold all over the place.

really??

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2019 at 10:11 PM, Rocket Hawks said:

Where exactly did you find it?

• 3 months later...

My cat has seizures, and we use phenobarbital. I was told that CBD oil also works and isn't harmful to the cat. I wonder if it would be possible to buy CBD oil here, or maybe from the vet? really hate giving him that drug as it's not good for the liver apparently.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Vet won't have it. To legally get it you need a permit bssed on yourself having a relevant medical condition.

There is currently no provision for veterinary use.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Where is the law with this now? can it be prescribed in Thailand with a valid Dr prescription, if so is there a list of those that are allowed to do so & which pharmacies have this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2019 at 9:11 PM, Rocket Hawks said:

Ummm, really?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, plfomylo said:

of course it is legal and very easy to get even online now.

Most of what you see online is made from isolate and isn't full spectrum and made in China with no regulations on how it was grown.

And while you might say its legal ... I would wager the Thai gov't would disagree still.

• Haha 1

On 10/27/2019 at 10:12 AM, kurtmartens said:

Most of what you see online is made from isolate and isn't full spectrum and made in China with no regulations on how it was grown.

And while you might say its legal ... I would wager the Thai gov't would disagree still.

I would tend to agree here, certainly would not wish to test the theory......

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 12:52 PM, kurtmartens said:

Hello all.  Does anyone have an update (or even opinion) on where CBD products (with zero THC) stands now on importing, selling, etc?

Sales are limited to doctors and registered Traditional Medecine doctors.  There are special trainings being rolled out. I am not certain if completion is a legal requirement or not but in government facilities only those trained are providing it with the result that not yet available everywhere (but will be).

If by import you mean for commercial purposes, cannot. If you mean for personal use with a prescription you can up to 30 day supply in with you if you get a permit from fda narcotic bureau. Having any pharmaceutical sent to yourself by mail is technically illegal and in case of CBD I would not risk it. Also no need to since you can get it here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/2/2019 at 8:17 PM, romyocta0707 said:

CBD oil is still in grey area here in Thailand

It's not grey at all. Go to one of the CBD/THC clinics, sit with the doc, get the certificate they issue for 250 or 500thb and buy whatever product they offer.

Now, whether or not what each clinic sells contains what it should IS a grey area, as it seems all the clinics are not always selling the government's product—which is supposedly the only legal product allowed to be sold.