Irresponsible dog owners can face jail for allowing animals to foul areas in front of houses

webfact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is obviously a well thought out scheme by the gov. to divert attention from all the other bulls**t we've been hearing lately. Well, I think they got everyone's attention on this one as it is of paramount importance! Oh yeah, maybe someone could shovel it all up and dump it on a certain lawn where it will be well at home.

5 hours ago, manchega said:

5 deaths for doggy related disease, compared to how many on the roads.

I guess some official somewhere is pissed off with soi dogs

Well me too, we have a nice restaurant at walkingdistance from our house but have to go by car because of those nasty soidogs along the way.

Also we never walk/bike around our neighbourhood because of those soidogs who all have an owner sitting in the garden.

2 hours ago, HHTel said:

Difficult to take responsibility for your cat.  As has been said, you don't actually own a cat.  Stop feeding it and you'll never see it again.  Incidentally, cats will only defalcate in private and always on soft ground and they dig a small hole first then cover it afterwards.  More civilized than some humans I know.

I also noticed the pic.  Couldn't find a pic in  Thailand that doesn't bring shame for one thing or another!

The cats from my neighbours like to shit on my cut lawn since their own lawns don't get cut. And they never dig a hole.

Yesterday one shit on my terrace hard floor and had diarrea so i had to wash it off....

I won't be cruel to them but many times i have thought of using poisoned milk to get rid of them...nothing else seems to work. But i still didn't do it.

Is it going to be someone's job to sort through all the piles of cat and dog poo delivered to the police station, and match it to the correct dog?

How are they going to know what dog which poo came out of?  Will they do DNA tests?  Or will they keep the suspect dog in a cell and wait and see if the next one mates the one on the table?

If a dog really needs a poo... and the owner is out walking it on a lead how are they going to stop it?  Surely if they clean it up then there is no problem?  

Better get some dog nappies on our pooches  if we every want to take our dogs for a walk in the future.  

While nobody wants dogs sh1tting everywhere, least of all on their own property, enforcement of this is unfortunately going to result in a lot of people getting rid of or not taking care of the quasi-strays anymore. Nobody'll want to risk the liability. A lot of dogs will be abandoned completely.

13 minutes ago, seminomadic said:

While nobody wants dogs sh1tting everywhere, least of all on their own property, enforcement of this is unfortunately going to result in a lot of people getting rid of or not taking care of the quasi-strays anymore. Nobody'll want to risk the liability. A lot of dogs will be abandoned completely.

Soi dogs and beach dogs are abandoned and it have happen meny year's now 

8 hours ago, gunderhill said:

MUCH better irresponsible dog  owners  fined for letting their dogs  run loose on any roads, save way more lives than slipping  over on their s h i t e.

Also definition of owner is ANYONE who feeds a dog.

You should meet the dogs in our area, they have taken over the roads. They lay down in the middle of the road and steadfastly refuse to budge for any vehicle. If you do bear down on them and they have to shuffle out of the way, they then chase after you down the street, into our driveway and stand there  barking and staring us down.

More often than not I have to negotiate free roaming goats and geese in the road.

But more annoying than any of this is the rampant littering that Thais seem to think is acceptable.

13 minutes ago, Tofer said:

You should meet the dogs in our area, they have taken over the roads. They lay down in the middle of the road and steadfastly refuse to budge for any vehicle. If you do bear down on them and they have to shuffle out of the way, they then chase after you down the street, into our driveway and stand there  barking and staring us down.

More often than not I have to negotiate free roaming goats and geese in the road.

But more annoying than any of this is the rampant littering that Thais seem to think is acceptable.

They have learnt the Thais  will stop, unfortunately they haven't learnt that nasty  Falangs like me   don't stop as in the one I flattened when it  just sat there a few  years back.

The  most laughable thing is the adulation the Thais claim for these dogs yet they are  full of mange, worms and  who knows what else, one in the  village now has no use of its  back legs, I'd  like to get it put down but that just wouldnt be acceptable to the "dog  loving"   villagers

OMG, so when I am walking my dog and she decides it's time to let it out, what do I do, yell at her and tell her no, you can't shit here. Bad timing for my her and a fine for me, even if I always pick it up as I would in my home country?  What the hell is going on?  I have seen lately so many articles like this lately. They have laws in my country giving you a fine if you leave the mess and don't clean it up, that is fine, but you can't control an animal when it is time to do it's business. It just keeps getting more ridiculous in this country to say the least about silly shit, ooh sorry.

so many laws in every country which are never really used

i bet there is some a Thai law some where that states with evidence that anyone urinating on pavements, outside private property can be prosecuted. That should put 80% of the taxi/tuk tuk drivers into a court of law. Or maybe there is some Thai law on littering. The animals seem to get it in the media more than most especially by a Thai lawyer trying a weak counter argument against all those mostly animal lovers wishing the disgusting fool of ITD is put away, one can wish, but in the meantime i am sure there be a few more of these anti-animal articles by Thai Lawyers 

51 minutes ago, bstafford214 said:

OMG, so when I am walking my dog and she decides it's time to let it out, what do I do, yell at her and tell her no, you can't shit here. Bad timing for my her and a fine for me, even if I always pick it up as I would in my home country?  What the hell is going on?  I have seen lately so many articles like this lately. They have laws in my country giving you a fine if you leave the mess and don't clean it up, that is fine, but you can't control an animal when it is time to do it's business. It just keeps getting more ridiculous in this country to say the least about silly shit, ooh sorry.

I think you are well aware when you are taking your dog out that it's going out for a shit. 

Dog owners the world over let them shit on neighbour garden when they want revenge. You have complete control of your dog and it will not shit in front of someone house if you do not allow it. .

Don't pull the I'm so innocent card to me. 

You know exactly what you are doing. 

It's a shit thing to do. 

6 minutes ago, greenchair said:

I think you are well aware when you are taking your dog out that it's going out for a shit. 

Dog owners the world over let them shit on neighbour garden when they want revenge. You have complete control of your dog and it will not shit in front of someone house if you do not allow it. .

It's a shit thing to do. 

fully agree, it sounds like the original posters dog has bitten someone and he's starting with a crappe argument to build up to a defence of, it's all the dog's fault

8 hours ago, greenchair said:

Thank goodness. 

My neighbour drops dog bits outside my house and teaches his dogs to shit there. 

He doesn't even bother cleaning it up. 

I have talked to many thai, when they have any complaint about something, someone with a dog will start shiting outside the house. 

It's disgusting. Disrespectful and nasty. 

Put those shit dog owners in their own dogshit house. 

Got a tip for you, sprinkle a heap of Keens mustard powder or the like out the front of your house.
Dogs always have to sniff before they shit, a snozz full of curry powder and that will fix it.

2 hours ago, gunderhill said:

They have learnt the Thais  will stop, unfortunately they haven't learnt that nasty  Falangs like me   don't stop as in the one I flattened when it  just sat there a few  years back.

The  most laughable thing is the adulation the Thais claim for these dogs yet they are  full of mange, worms and  who knows what else, one in the  village now has no use of its  back legs, I'd  like to get it put down but that just wouldnt be acceptable to the "dog  loving"   villagers

I'm no dog lover (also, not a dog hater), but deliberately running over a dog is a disgusting thing to do. I hope that your story was just invented to shock, and not something that really happened - especially, not something you are proud of.

1 hour ago, teko said:

Got a tip for you, sprinkle a heap of Keens mustard powder or the like out the front of your house.
Dogs always have to sniff before they shit, a snozz full of curry powder and that will fix it.

I tried cayenne pepper. 

But it was no good in the rainy season. ??thanks for the tip. 

In the high valued condos where I live pets are not allowed.

Every day I see more than a hundred Thai walking their dogs outside. On the hall way of our floor daily dog pee by at least 10 dogs... Hiso Thais are aso Thais....

2 hours ago, greenchair said:

It's a shit thing to do. 

Pardon me if I am wrong here, but, I suspect you have never actually owned or taken care of a dog yourself?

Dogs will occasionally take even the most experienced dog owner / trainer by surprise and do something they are not supposed to do.  My dogs poo in my own garden.  But, I take them for a walk for exercise (for me and the dogs) most days.  Occasionally one might decided to have a dump which was not expected.  Dogs are animals... we can not have 100 percent control of their digestive systems I'm afraid.

I do agree, however, like in the UK, leaving dog poo in a public place should be a crime.  I hope that here will bring in the pooper scoopers and doggy poop bags too.  

Archived