Irresponsible dog owners can face jail for allowing animals to foul areas in front of houses

webfact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Are you saying you can train a dog not to poo?

Of course you don't train a dog not to poo..... that would be stupid.... they'd blow up.... LOL.  However you can train a dog to poo where you specify.  It's not difficult.  I've had dogs for more than 30 years and with any new dog, it takes less than a week to train basic toilet.

They are referencing these laws:

Section 397 Whoever, in a public place or before the public, does,  by any  means whatever to  annoy  or bully  the  other  person,  or  causes  the  other  person  to  be  ashamed  or  troubled,  shall  be punished with imprisonment not exceeding one month or fined not exceeding one thousand Baht, or both.

Section 420. A person who, willfully or negligently, unlawfully injures the life, body, health, liberty, property or any right of another person, is said to commit a wrongful act and is bound to make compensation therefore.

If you want to have it in Thai Google for มาตรา 397/420

So the argument of the initial article is that the loud noise harms your body and health. Makes sense, but Thai people don't give a crap about noise, so do you really expect that the police will do something about it? With this law you could also do something against all other loud noises, but who will enforce it?

14 hours ago, Thian said:

The cats from my neighbours like to shit on my cut lawn since their own lawns don't get cut. And they never dig a hole.

Yesterday one shit on my terrace hard floor and had diarrea so i had to wash it off....

I won't be cruel to them but many times i have thought of using poisoned milk to get rid of them...nothing else seems to work. But i still didn't do it.

I do find this story rather difficult to accept. Cats are known, the world over as being fastidious when it comes the their toilet habits and grass, long or short is the last place they would choose. As previously mentioned, they bury their poops and digging up the lawn isn't the easiest option!

However, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and suggest a solar powered ultra sonic cat deterrent available from Lazada.

I  own dogs, however none of my dogs venture outside. BUT if a dog fouls in front of my house a ( SOI DOG ) for example , will I get the blame and the fine or are the RTP clever enough to determine which dog it came from ?

Also are they intending to dispose, cull, or other wise all the Soi Dogs who have no owners or houses, or is it the intention to FINE the LOCAL AUTHORITIES for allowing these dogs to foul indiscriminately.  

13 hours ago, 300sd said:

Picture may not be Thailand, the dog looks farang.

Everything on the picture looks farang but that's how the hiso moobaans are built in BKK...and they also like farang dogs in there. They won't walk them often though and that makes those dogs nasty.

9 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I do find this story rather difficult to accept. Cats are known, the world over as being fastidious when it comes the their toilet habits and grass, long or short is the last place they would choose. As previously mentioned, they bury their poops and digging up the lawn isn't the easiest option!

However, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and suggest a solar powered ultra sonic cat deterrent available from Lazada.

Sorry, but I think you have a biased view of cats habits. I'm with Thian on this one. They may be fastidious inside your property, but outside they don't give a s..t (pardon the pun) and will s..t anywhere.

I had a major problem with cats in UK, and our lawn was a major attraction to them. Not very nice when our young nephews turn up to play and roll around in the stuff, which is in fact a health hazard also. But those lovely animal apologists, the RSPCA, insisted I could not even trap them to get rid of the problem. 

4 hours ago, jackdd said:

They are referencing these laws:

Section 397 Whoever, in a public place or before the public, does,  by any  means whatever to  annoy  or bully  the  other  person,  or  causes  the  other  person  to  be  ashamed  or  troubled,  shall  be punished with imprisonment not exceeding one month or fined not exceeding one thousand Baht, or both.

Section 420. A person who, willfully or negligently, unlawfully injures the life, body, health, liberty, property or any right of another person, is said to commit a wrongful act and is bound to make compensation therefore.

If you want to have it in Thai Google for มาตรา 397/420

So the argument of the initial article is that the loud noise harms your body and health. Makes sense, but Thai people don't give a crap about noise, so do you really expect that the police will do something about it? With this law you could also do something against all other loud noises, but who will enforce it?

exactly

these types of laws can charge 99% of the population

a nonsense thread from a nonsense lawyer being paid to target animals when dog poo is the least of worries compared to what humans destroy on this land

A difference with dogs and cats crap is that most times a cat will find somewhere to bury its poop creating a hole in soft earth first and covering up after. Dogs however don't seem to bother with only sometimes a bit of ineffectual scratching of dust over the poo.

12 hours ago, greenchair said:

I think you are well aware when you are taking your dog out that it's going out for a shit. 

Dog owners the world over let them shit on neighbour garden when they want revenge. You have complete control of your dog and it will not shit in front of someone house if you do not allow it. .

Don't pull the I'm so innocent card to me. 

You know exactly what you are doing. 

It's a shit thing to do. 

Yes, of course I know what I am doing, thanks for telling me that, I would have never known. The dog owners the world over that let their own dogs shit in the neighbors garden have no respect for other people. I am not one of those people, but it sounds like you are saying I am. I will tell you in this subject that you do not have complete control, but you seem to know what to do if the dog can't hold it until it is a safe area to poo? Maybe if it happens, I should have complete control of my dog, by pulling her by the collar, choke and drag her quickly away just so she won't poo on the side of the road in front of someone's house. By the way, I don't pull an innocent card to you mate, I am not innocent and I know people don't like dogs doing their business in front of their house, but you can't always have that control to stop your dog, just make sure you pick it up, which is what I do every time she does her business. If you are Thai, I understand why you replied this way.

8 minutes ago, Keesters said:

A difference with dogs and cats crap is that most times a cat will find somewhere to bury its poop creating a hole in soft earth first and covering up after. Dogs however don't seem to bother with only sometimes a bit of ineffectual scratching of dust over the poo.

Yes cats at least make an effort, the Dog is a disgusting animal that is more likely to eat it's own shit, sniff another dogs bum, then lick your face while it dribbles all over you and stinks your house out, yuk.

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

I can testify that cats will not always dig a hole and burry their poop.

At several houses we have had cats come into the garden and simply poop on top of the lawn.  They make some half hearted attempt to bury it.. going through the scraping actions with they feet, but, because the grass is not like sand they can not burry it.  I have also had them poop on top of soil and flower beds.  This is disgusting when I am digging the garden or weeding, to get the stuff on your hands!

Also the tom cats will like to come around and spray urine up the sides of plants, scooters, walls, etc.. and that stinks.

I think cats keep the place where they live clean, and then go out to the edges of their territory to do all their mess.

So if one picks up after their dog, in Thailand, but it has disturbed the person whose house you happened to be in front of, then it is still against the law and one can be charged!

If true, another crap law made only in Thailand. 

Get after the owners who do not take care of their pets, not the ones that do!

50 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Yes cats at least make an effort, the Dog is a disgusting animal that is more likely to eat it's own shit, sniff another dogs bum, then lick your face while it dribbles all over you and stinks your house out, yuk.

I agree Orton My mate in Aus has 2 pugs The whole bloody house stinks of them You can love your dogs but they have a place in the home OUTSIDE

The law says:

Section 26. In the case where there a left, abandoned, or
unowned animal is found, a competent official shall ensure the
appropriate welfare of such animal. 

So if you see a soi dog, take it and bring it to the police station? At some point they will probably start doing something

55 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

I agree Orton My mate in Aus has 2 pugs The whole bloody house stinks of them You can love your dogs but they have a place in the home OUTSIDE

Sorry but if your mate's house smells from his dogs then obviously he does not take good care of them. Blame the owner.

I have been in houses that stink also, but they don't have dogs. Blame the owner of the house.

1 hour ago, 300sd said:

Sorry but if your mate's house smells from his dogs then obviously he does not take good care of them. Blame the owner.

I have been in houses that stink also, but they don't have dogs. Blame the owner of the house.

Dont get your point sorry We are talking about dogs that smell in houses not humans. I know humans can make houses smell also but here the subject is dogs My point is dogs dont belong in a house they belong outside. Maybe some humans dont belong in a house also?

31 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Dont get your point sorry We are talking about dogs that smell in houses not humans. I know humans can make houses smell also but here the subject is dogs My point is dogs dont belong in a house they belong outside. Maybe some humans dont belong in a house also?

With all due respect you were speaking of your "mates" house that stinks of dog. I imagine your "mate" is human. I said it is not necessarily the dogs fault. 

With regard to your statement that dogs belong outside. I accept that, as your opinion (with all due respect of course) and I choose to disagree with your "point".

6 hours ago, Tofer said:

Sorry, but I think you have a biased view of cats habits. I'm with Thian on this one. They may be fastidious inside your property, but outside they don't give a s..t (pardon the pun) and will s..t anywhere.

I had a major problem with cats in UK, and our lawn was a major attraction to them. Not very nice when our young nephews turn up to play and roll around in the stuff, which is in fact a health hazard also. But those lovely animal apologists, the RSPCA, insisted I could not even trap them to get rid of the problem. 

I claim not to be biased in favour of any domestic animal as I keep none and never have since adulthood. Been on the move too much for that.

So I can only speak from my experience and as a bystander, so to speak. Although we have no cats, we have 3 regular visitors, none of whom cause us any problems other than trying to snatch my wife's drying fish and I'm sure that's why they call round! They certainly don't leave a mess that I can see. Neither has this happened anywhere in the past.

But this is a world full of variety and exceptions and cats will adapt to changing environments. Behaviour patterns will vary accordingly.

And don't forget, cats have been on this planet a lot longer than we have and it was we who changed their environment, not the other way round.

Same is true for dogs of course, the main topic of this thread.

9 hours ago, Keesters said:

Well not thai cats.

I have nice raised beds all around the garden with perfect soft soil...they never sh*t there though but always on the lawn or behind my door on the tilefloor.

Last month we had small kittens in the soi, from a neighbour who's never home...they came in my garden and i just sprayed them with water untill they didn't come back...2 days later my neighbours garden smelled terrible and he had to dump their dead bodies...

I would never feed a cat..

On 2/13/2018 at 10:00 AM, Orton Rd said:

Feeding a stray does NOT make anyone the owner, what if 5 people feed one, are they part owners?

Yes. Lots of people think the way I do including a past mayor of Bangkok who introduced compulsory chipping of dogs in the city.

The only people who would disagree with me are those that feed the dogs and then duck any responsibility when they cause trouble.

Archived