Australian man killed in brutal Pattaya bar fight identified, American attacker in custody

webfact

21 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

There is probably sufficient leeway in the following extract from Thai Criminal Law to permit a prosecution.  Certainly enough to hold them and investigate for quite a while.

Section 84. Instigator

Whoever, whether by employment, compulsion, threat, hire, asking as favor or instigation, or by any other means, causes another person to commit any offence is said to be an instigator.

If the employed person commits the offence, the instigator shall receive the punishment as principal. If the offence is not committed, whether it be that the employed person does not consent to commit, or has not yet committed, or on account of any ether reason, the instigator shall be liable to only one-third of the punishment provided for such offence.

Section 85. Publicizing a Crime

Whoever propagates or publishes to the general public to commit an offence and such offence being punishable with imprisonment of not less than six months, shall be liable to one-half of the punishment provided for such offence.

If the offence is committed on account of the propagation or publication according to the first paragraph, the person who made such propagation or publication shall be liable to the punishment as principal.

Section 86. Accomplice

Whoever does for any reason whatsoever as assist or facility to any other person committing an offence before or late time of committing the offence, even though such assistance or facility is not known by the offender, such assistant deemed to be supporter in committing such offence shall be punished by two-thirds of the punishment as provided for such offence.

Thank god for Thaivisa legal advice.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am an American and my Best friend over last 30 years here in Thailand since 1988 is Australian , get it right , if your not Thai , then we are All Bozos on this Bus......It comes down , not by Country , its by only 2  options Good or Evil but sometimes Good People , wind up getting their butts , a little too much involved....never butt in too much , remember to remain calm & know you most likely cannot win !!! Go quietly and do not turn back with anything to speak or yell at someone , or even anyone !!!

15 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The fight has nothing to do with the bar, but alcohol. Only have to see what happens in some British pubs late at night. Not just men, but women fighting as well.

Sorry, I thought the OP said the fight happened in the bar.  I could swear that the manger also confirmed that.  Must have read it wrongly.

4 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Thank god for Thaivisa legal advice.

Well since some reports indicate that the 5 men confronted the individual - that would be enough to be an accomplice (at the beginning).  And while the attack apparently took all of 20 seconds (hard to believe), the fact that his partners did nothing to stop it and were involved in documenting it would I think be sufficient to be active accomplices. (IMHO). i.e. confrontation is enough to set the boundaries around the assault.

5 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Probably ghetto trash . Going to some rubbish Muy Thai school . 

Ghetto trash would have there face plastered all over Thai and Aussie media with not a worry.

Sometimes faces are shown. Sometimes blurred and this time none at all. Not even a name.

They reported they want to do a thorough investigation before they release details due to the seriousness of the matter, so lets hope that is the case.

2 hours ago, theslime said:

Some aussies are proud descendants of bread stealers, but not all. research and discover that you have had the wrong belief .

Mr. Ginsing it one out of touch, sad and an angry man who may be crying for help. I hope he gets the help he needs. 

This is is a terrible tragedy and the perpetrator(s) will be punished. There is NO excuse to beat a man to death. 

Condolences to the families torn apart.

RIP.  

I am hearing quite a different story about this. According to on one of the staff, the Aussie was extremely drunk. He got rough with one of the female staff and began choking her and would not let go. The American told him to let her go then his aggression turned on him and he punched him starting the fight. Also she said the American was alone and the Aussie's friend was upstairs on a ST. 

By the time the assistant manger tried to break it up it was over, the Aussie was still talking up to the point he was taken away in an ambulance. This account is from the staff who was there and who was choked. 

Most of these reports quote a German who was there but did not see it until the fight had already started, he also left immediately and refused to make a statement to the police.

I am not on anyone's side, and the American definitely got carried away with the stomping.

8 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Sorry, I thought the OP said the fight happened in the bar.  I could swear that the manger also confirmed that.  Must have read it wrongly.

Never said it didn't happen in a bar, but how is the bar to blame? So, what's your point?

Clearly be prosecuted....on what grounds? So other patrons and staff who witnessed the beating as well?

level of involvement will determine inclusion or not....

so far only wild speculation, stereotyping, no sequential details of event and poorly written response by the bar to minimize risk and image...

until il some actual facts are strung together leading to the definitive outcome....

one man kills another in bar....now let the flow of rumors  interpretations opinions perceptions and some facts surface....

Given the location, you can bet the confrontation was over one of the short time prostitutes that works there.

I will never understand why some

people get jealous and territorial over a girl they met 10 minutes ago who works in a brothel....

Just now, dg1980 said:

Given the location, you can bet the confrontation was over one of the short time prostitutes that works there.

I will never understand why some

people get jealous and territorial over a girl they met 10 minutes ago who works in a brothel....

Pure conjecture.

Just now, Just Weird said:

You could be right if you know how long those involved had they been in the bar drinking and how much alcohol they had drunk.

It could be that someone said the wrong thing or looked at someone the wrong way. Some people don't need a reason to start a fight.

Just now, Just Weird said:

For killing him?  I don't think so.

Is that the kind of thing you'd do, watch one of your mates stomp someone's head until he was dead, or would you try and prevent it happening? If you don't think his mates carry some responsibility, you have a fairly warped set of morals.

25 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Because they couldn't find their own asses with 2 hands maybe?

We rarely get to hear what happened in these cases and eye witness accounts are what we need.

Sounds like a very violent and cruel individual...

"We rarely get to hear what happened in these cases..."

Don't blame the police for that, blame the media, or yourself for not keeping up to date.  Thaivisa does not claim to be a team of investigative journalists!

25 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Well since some reports indicate that the 5 men confronted the individual - that would be enough to be an accomplice (at the beginning).  And while the attack apparently took all of 20 seconds (hard to believe), the fact that his partners did nothing to stop it and were involved in documenting it would I think be sufficient to be active accomplices. (IMHO). i.e. confrontation is enough to set the boundaries around the assault.

Thank god for more Thaivisa legal advice.

What I didn't see was in another report was the Aussie had grabbed a bar girl by the throat which preceded/started the altercation.....

No excuse for this type of violence....Once the guy was subdued..... 

Pattaya just seems like one big animal farm for the at risk types.....

Seems to be a lot of speculation here as to what the American is, gang related, red-neck trailer trash, convicted thug, etc.

To add to the speculation i can't get it out of my head that he could be a serving member over here for R & R. I have witnessed people who normally wouldn't, act this way after being in the zone. Hope I'm wrong.

Regardless, nothing justifies this kind of action; he either needs lots of help or face the wrath of the law for what he has done.

43 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Nothing? And who served them alcohol?

It's responsibility of a bar to stop serving alcohol to too-drunk customers !

Yes!! It was 6:30 pm and it was reported All involved were drinking for hours.  What a waste of two lives all because of alchohol over served. 

Archived