BANGKOK
webfact

Australian man killed in brutal Pattaya bar fight identified, American attacker in custody

1 hour ago, lovelomsak said:

With all due respect to the Aussie this American guy must be one strong guy to throw a full grown man across the room and beat him in 20 seconds.. Strong fast and hard. He would scare the jesus out of me.

Or out of his nut on yaba?

• Like 2

The fact they took photos after the event will add 5 more years to the sentences. Not even the weak as water Thai justice system will overlook this. 

What can you say? a man goes o n holiday goes into a bar for a drink and end up dead, and all for the fact that people can't just keep themselves out of troubles anywhere they go, now one is dead and the other has his life and future ruined forever....

He was not a tourist ,my understanding is that Ben Robb lived in Pattaya for some time. Not sure about the young American.

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

Just one of the many reasons I stopped drinking 40 years ago. 

I drink but not in places like that...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

The killer's mates won't be prosecuted.

Rubbernecking, laughing and filming the blood and gore is acceptable behavior in Thailand.

not in my world its not no matter where we are

• Like 1

There are times in ones life when one is ashamed to be part of the so called "human" race, this incident is certainly one of those moments very sad we have been reduced to this! :saai:

Edited by CGW
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

The killer's mates won't be prosecuted.

Rubbernecking, laughing and filming the blood and gore is acceptable behavior in Thailand.

There is probably sufficient leeway in the following extract from Thai Criminal Law to permit a prosecution.  Certainly enough to hold them and investigate for quite a while.

Section 84. Instigator

Whoever, whether by employment, compulsion, threat, hire, asking as favor or instigation, or by any other means, causes another person to commit any offence is said to be an instigator.

If the employed person commits the offence, the instigator shall receive the punishment as principal. If the offence is not committed, whether it be that the employed person does not consent to commit, or has not yet committed, or on account of any ether reason, the instigator shall be liable to only one-third of the punishment provided for such offence.

Section 85. Publicizing a Crime

Whoever propagates or publishes to the general public to commit an offence and such offence being punishable with imprisonment of not less than six months, shall be liable to one-half of the punishment provided for such offence.

If the offence is committed on account of the propagation or publication according to the first paragraph, the person who made such propagation or publication shall be liable to the punishment as principal.

Section 86. Accomplice

Whoever does for any reason whatsoever as assist or facility to any other person committing an offence before or late time of committing the offence, even though such assistance or facility is not known by the offender, such assistant deemed to be supporter in committing such offence shall be punished by two-thirds of the punishment as provided for such offence.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

Whatever the US laws may say, this yank killed an Australian on Thai soil.  Hope he will rot in prison in Thailand and then burn in hell. Kicking a man's head when he is down is the most despicable act imaginable.  His bloody US friends should get a long time in prison also, for not stopping the idiot, for not helping the victim, leaving him and for making pictures.  Bastards of the lowest order, all of them.

I like your comment and I admire your ethos but you are talking about honourable men;  a concept that has long ended.  Today we face the entitled.  A breed of both men and women who truly believe that their wishes are the only things that matter in the world.

A friend once said to me that he believed it has a lot to do with the fact that so many males are now being raised by their single mothers.  It has been my experience that a woman  will never be satisfied with victory but instead requires some form of macabre satisfaction that comes with a complete annihilation of her enemy.  Akin to sticking a stilleto through your eyeball.  Also at the risk of repeating myself, I will say again that hollywood has a lot to answer for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darcula said:

Why do bad things happen in such nice places?

aus.jpg.988d0806b97711daf1c060543fc96c15.jpg.adc85c80a2042c201ae505828ff7b031.jpg

Mix of alcohol, testosterone & people looking for trouble!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, z42 said:

Cowardly and disgraceful in the extreme. Hope the killer gets a sentence somewhere in the 50 year range.  Clearly a person who can't hack his drink and has seemingly that little intelligence to know that more than maybe a couple of head kicks is all it takes to end a life.  Feel bad for the victim's family. Hope the soi doesn't get cracked down on too hard, whether we like it or not it is easily Pattaya's 2nd busiest attraction.  Without it a lot of folks will be out of a job. This is an out of the ordinary attack imo. Sad all round

Yes, it would be such as shame to see all the attractive blowjob bars closed down.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, chippendale said:

Hope those Ugly Americans rot in a filthy Thai jail: the attacker for life, his thug buddies for at least 10 years.

Why punish his friends for what he did when they weren't involved in the attack?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, it would be such as shame to see all the attractive blowjob bars closed down.

The fight has nothing to do with the bar, but alcohol. Only have to see what happens in some British pubs late at night. Not just men, but women fighting as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1