Australian man killed in brutal Pattaya bar fight identified, American attacker in custody

webfact

On 2/12/2018 at 5:42 PM, harrymcgarry said:

I have heard conflicting versions of events that happened at the time but one thing is for certain a lot of people are being affected by this tragedy. I do not think the guy tried to murder him and I also think it is wrong to react in such a way when you are antagonised, the poor guy who died obviously did not expect or was not aware of what was about to happen and was just doing what thousand upon thousands of guys have done for years, ENJOYING PATTAYA. I feel for both sides families as it is them who have to pick up the pieces and suffer now. Pattaya has taken a lot of bad press through incidents involving foreigners lately so hopefully things quieten down now. RIP sir you did not deserve to die.   

Not seeing any compassion for the woman who was allegedly assaulted

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Not seeing any compassion for the woman who was allegedly assaulted

she was only a bar girl, Thai girls get that sort of treatment every day off their Thai boyfriends and she is still alive , hardly the same.

This 13 month old thread seems to have been prodded. And it is over the woman assaulted! Well compared to being kicked in the head to death she was okay! More the question, what happened to the American guy? Still in remand or did a Thaksin?

This 13 month old thread seems to have been prodded. And it is over the woman assaulted! Well compared to being kicked in the head to death she was okay! More the question, what happened to the American guy? Still in remand or did a Thaksin?
He's out and about, maybe back in Miami, check his facebook

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:09 PM, scubascuba3 said:
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:00 AM, jacko45k said:

He's out and about, maybe back in Miami, check his facebook

he got a two year sentence fully suspended.

So he is supposed to report in to the pattaya police periodically over that two year period.

But he seems to have disappeared and moved out from his previous accommodation. 

Anyone seen him?

1 minute ago, Pete1980 said:

he got a two year sentence fully suspended.

For murder! Absolutely unbelievable!

I might feel happier if he had been thrown out of the country and become a persona non-grata, rather than having him wandering around the nearby bars chewing the tables!

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

For murder! Absolutely unbelievable!

I might feel happier if he had been thrown out of the country and become a persona non-grata, rather than having him wandering around the nearby bars chewing the tables!

Not murder, technically manslaughter in UK terms. Quite possible, with a good lawyer, that he could have got away with a similar sentence in the UK. Don't know what the final charge was.

In Thailand, with a brown envelope and pleading guilty, could have been found guilty on a lesser charge.

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Not murder, technically manslaughter in UK terms. Quite possible, with a good lawyer, that he could have got away with a similar sentence in the UK. Don't know what the final charge was.

Well I think we had that discussion at the time. The first stomp was manslaughter the subsequent ones were murder! It might depend on whose law we were dealing with on the technical terms. Either way, being allowed to 'walk free' from a corpse with bloodied boots is rather lenient.

Just now, Spidey said:

In Thailand, with a brown envelope and pleading guilty, could have been found guilty on a lesser charge.

That brown envelope was stuffed with 300,000 baht. 

Despite what a TVposter claimed, he only spent two nights in prison (probably while the money was being transferred).

We saw him, filmed him walking around freely, even spoke to him in the street. We have more footage but the bloke filming it didn't want to release it as from the angle it would be possible for the person filming to be identified by immigration cctv and he didn't want any problems with his visa.

We posted the footage on one of these threads. He was with his Hooters girlfriend.

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well I think we had that discussion at the time. The first stomp was manslaughter the subsequent ones were murder! It might depend on whose law we were dealing with on the technical terms. Either way, being allowed to 'walk free' from a corpse with bloodied boots is rather lenient.

The stomping report was false. Someone just posted that on facebook. It didn't happen.

Ben died from his head smashing into the bar after being attacked by Jose. We knew this and posted it here at the time and the Australian coroner later confirmed it.

4 minutes ago, Pete1980 said:

The stomping report was false. Someone just posted that on facebook. It didn't happen.

Ben died from his head smashing into the bar after being attacked by Jose. We knew this and posted it here at the time and the Australian coroner later confirmed it.

Well, I would still prefer Mr Jose was somewhere else than wandering Thailand with nothing to do. He may well have to report to a police station regularly, but beyond that I doubt the Thai police can restrict his movements, they are hardly known for their efficiency.

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

I was in the same bar the day before the incident. Girl in question is a nut job who strangles customers and encourages them to strangle her. Continued to do this, even after the incident. American decided to play the white knight to big himself up in front of his mates. Apparently words were had and the Aussie made the first move.

I spoke to the manager of the bar opposite, a couple of months later, and he assured me that the CCTV showed one kick, not multiple stompings. The only person that claimed multiple stompings was a Brit on holiday who refused to give a statement to the police and subsequently modified his story to "I think....I didn't have a good view", all on a less reputable forum than TV.

I was in the same bar the day before the incident. Girl in question is a nut job who strangles customers and encourages them to strangle her. Continued to do this, even after the incident. American decided to play the white knight to big himself up in front of his mates. Apparently words were had and the Aussie made the first move.

I spoke to the manager of the bar opposite, a couple of months later, and he assured me that the CCTV showed one kick, not multiple stompings. The only person that claimed multiple stompings was a Brit on holiday who refused to give a statement to the police and subsequently modified his story to "I think....I didn't have a good view", all on a less reputable forum than TV.
But who can trust the evidence given over here, particularly where money is involved

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
37 minutes ago, Spidey said:

But who can trust the evidence given over here, particularly where money is involved

No money involved with the bar manager I spoke to. Who can believe the evidence of a Brit tourist giving it large on a forum that you and I know only too well.

At the time, the world's press quoted said Brits words, verbatim, from said forum, as their primary source of evidence of what went on the day. Some shockingly poor journalistic practices, particularly from the British tabloids and certain sections of the Australian press.

No money involved with the bar manager I spoke to. Who can believe the evidence of a Brit tourist giving it large on a forum that you and I know only too well.

At the time, the world's press quoted said Brits words, verbatim, from said forum, as their primary source of evidence of what went on the day. Some shockingly poor journalistic practices, particularly from the British tabloids and certain sections of the Australian press.

The tourist you mention was the first to report the incident on the forum, he seemed to be making an honest first post, subsequently he appeared to get nervous, not want to give a statement partially because he was imminently flying home. No reason to think he made any of it up. He reported what he thought he saw. Why has that video not made it to social media? from memory there was also a claim that there wasn't a video

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The tourist you mention was the first to report the incident on the forum, he seemed to be making an honest first post, subsequently he appeared to get nervous, not want to give a statement partially because he was imminently flying home. No reason to think he made any of it up. He reported what he thought he saw. Why has that video not made it to social media? from memory there was also a claim that there wasn't a video

It took the police a couple of days to recover the video which remains police evidence. Doubt that it will ever be released to the public.

I thought from the get go that his post was embellished, as posts on that forum usually are. Interestingly, another post was made soon after, given by someone who appeared to be one of the people who was with the American at the time. Gave a different version of events which was howled down at the time as it didn't pander to the forum members outrage. Subsequently, knowing what we do now, it seems to have been far more accurate than the British tourist's version of events.

On 2/12/2018 at 10:58 AM, Psimbo said:

Now if it had been a shaven headed heavily tattooed Brit there would have been pages of vitriol by now! :post-4641-1156693976:

But he wasn't and the posts tell how people feel about this US man.  I don't see the point you are trying to make. 

4 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

But he wasn't and the posts tell how people feel about this US man.  I don't see the point you are trying to make. 

I think that he's referring to the vitriol we Brits receive on this forum, just because we're Brits (often from Americans).

54 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I think that he's referring to the vitriol we Brits receive on this forum, just because we're Brits (often from Americans).

Naw, Americans love Brits, you are like funny old wierd ageing dotty Uncles we have to protect when you pick fights with the Hun. ????

Just now, Nyezhov said:

Naw, Americans love Brits, you are like funny old wierd ageing dotty Uncles we have to protect when you pick fights with the Hun. ????

We Brits don't pick fights. We just respond to those who pick fights with us. EWe'd never have had a problem with you if you hadn't refused to pay a fair and reasonable tax on our tea. Just think what a better place America would be if it had remained under the protection of Her Majesty's bosom. Personally, I've never picked a fight in my life, although I've had many.

The problem lies with the fact that the Brits an Russians have warrior in our DNA, which is why we are the most fearsome football hooligans.

Our motto:

1721309217_Thesecolours.png.f25e93e7803828542df9dcd97e67093a.png

14 minutes ago, KarlS said:

"We Brits don't pick fights"  Really? Brits are renowned for causing trouble particularly after they have consumed one small beer. 

Says who? Some anally retentive posters on TV?

23 minutes ago, KarlS said:

"We Brits don't pick fights"  Really? Brits are renowned for causing trouble particularly after they have consumed one small beer. 

I don't believe you, we don't drink one small beer!

I line up 4 large bottles and knock them back in 3 minutes to take the dust off my throat. Then I start drinking!

Archived