Australian man killed in brutal Pattaya bar fight identified, American attacker in custody

webfact

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

I didn't say that the bar was to blame.  Didn't you say that it was nothing to do with the bar and all to do with alcohol?

I stand by my comment. Already asked you why is the bar to blame, you avoided answering. If you can't follow the comments  or the questions I suggest you refrain from responding. You seem to be in a state of confusion.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Is that the kind of thing you'd do, watch one of your mates stomp someone's head until he was dead, or would you try and prevent it happening? If you don't think his mates carry some responsibility, you have a fairly warped set of morals.

Did they kill him; did they even assist the attacker?

Luckily, your opinion of what you know about my morals (i.e. nothing) means less than bugger all.

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Luckily, your opinion of what you know about my morals (i.e. nothing) means less than bugger all.

4 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

So standing by, laughing and taking photos is OK in your book? I think it's pretty clear what kind of standards you have, but I think I'd prefer not to engage  any more with you on this subject.

39 minutes ago, marinediscoking said:

I am hearing quite a different story about this. According to on one of the staff, the Aussie was extremely drunk. He got rough with one of the female staff and began choking her and would not let go. The American told him to let her go then his aggression turned on him and he punched him starting the fight. Also she said the American was alone and the Aussie's friend was upstairs on a ST. 

By the time the assistant manger tried to break it up it was over, the Aussie was still talking up to the point he was taken away in an ambulance. This account is from the staff who was there and who was choked. 

Most of these reports quote a German who was there but did not see it until the fight had already started, he also left immediately and refused to make a statement to the police.

I am not on anyone's side, and the American definitely got carried away with the stomping.

Yup there is always two sides to every story,  unfortunately we will probably never hear this one again as people just jump on the first one they hear and run with it...

22 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Because someone had already pointed out that the bars that have CCTV cameras have them discreetly pointed where no BJ action would be captured. Try and keep up.

I was commenting on post 47 and expressing that I thought that CCTV in these bars would be in interesting concept.  I wasn't disputing whether there was CCTV or not.  Try to keep up and then try to understand what the comments mean.

3 hours ago, alation said:

Rest in peace mate my prayer is that are  with our saviour Jesus Christ and that your family will some how receive some comfort knowing that this madman will receive the penalty worthy of taking away your life. I appeal to the authorities to hand down the maximum penalty 

Christian??

20 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I stand by my comment. Already asked you why is the bar to blame, you avoided answering. If you can't follow the comments  or the questions I suggest you refrain from responding. You seem to be in a state of confusion.

Already told you that I did not say that the bar was to blame!

"If you can't follow the comments  or the questions I suggest you refrain from responding".

I suggest that you refrain from suggesting what others comment on in a public forum.

22 minutes ago, Docno said:

I don't want to besmirch alcohol, but I do wonder how often fights break out in marijuana cafes... 

Never, but only because there any none in Thailand.  But do you think that in this situation, where a girl was potentially being strangled, a blowjob bar full of dope heads ignoring the threat to her would have been a good thing?

33 minutes ago, diehard60 said:

yep. pataya is the place to go if you want to die or get beat up

Or loved up....

It is quite rare that something like this happens considering the environment,  that is why it is quite big news. 

19 minutes ago, giddyup said:

So standing by, laughing and taking photos is OK in your book? I think it's pretty clear what kind of standards you have, but I think I'd prefer not to engage  any more with you on this subject.

I think that it's pretty clear that you think that you know something about my standards with nothing to go on at all.  And that's a clever trick.

3 hours ago, alation said:

Rest in peace mate my prayer is that are  with our saviour Jesus Christ and that your family will some how receive some comfort knowing that this madman will receive the penalty worthy of taking away your life. I appeal to the authorities to hand down the maximum penalty 

I'm sure they are all listening to you: authorities and Jesus Christ...

3 hours ago, dddave said:

So many times, we never learn the outcome of such deadly encounters.  There is always a suspicion that deals are done.

For instance, 6 or 7 years ago,  a Finnish man was walking his dog on Soi Diana. Some girl in a beer bar ran out and picked up the dog.  Words were exchanged between the girls BF and the Finn...the Finn ended up stabbed to death.  It was big news at the time but then disappeared.  Never learned what happened to the killer.

I can think of at least 4 or 5 similar high profile killings, farang on farang or farang on Thai GF that faded away...outcome never known.

It would not surprise me if it happens in this instance as well.

I remember reading something about this years ago. The answer was the judge does not need to make public the sentence or it’s illegal to report it.

I have heard conflicting versions of events that happened at the time but one thing is for certain a lot of people are being affected by this tragedy. I do not think the guy tried to murder him and I also think it is wrong to react in such a way when you are antagonised, the poor guy who died obviously did not expect or was not aware of what was about to happen and was just doing what thousand upon thousands of guys have done for years, ENJOYING PATTAYA. I feel for both sides families as it is them who have to pick up the pieces and suffer now. Pattaya has taken a lot of bad press through incidents involving foreigners lately so hopefully things quieten down now. RIP sir you did not deserve to die.   

Hope the 20 something year old American enjoys his next 40 years in a Thai jail. Why the hell would you stomp on anyone's head 10 to 15 times? One of the reasons I don't go down town, too many farang steroid morons who want to show their friends how macho they are! RIP to the Aussie fella.

4 minutes ago, harrymcgarry said:

I have heard conflicting versions of events that happened at the time but one thing is for certain a lot of people are being affected by this tragedy. I do not think the guy tried to murder him and I also think it is wrong to react in such a way when you are antagonised, the poor guy who died obviously did not expect or was not aware of what was about to happen and was just doing what thousand upon thousands of guys have done for years, ENJOYING PATTAYA. I feel for both sides families as it is them who have to pick up the pieces and suffer now. Pattaya has taken a lot of bad press through incidents involving foreigners lately so hopefully things quieten down now. RIP sir you did not deserve to die.   

He stomp on his head 10 to 15 times? I think he was trying to kill him! 

I wonder what the outcome of this will be. One poor sod killed, brainless Yanks killing. I just have to say this. Will the outcome be the same as if the killing was done by a Thai/Thais? Mmmm, you have to wonder. I think the sentence would be different for the same crime.

2 minutes ago, reargunnerph3 said:

Hope the 20 something year old American enjoys his next 40 years in a Thai jail. Why the hell would you stomp on anyone's head 10 to 15 times? One of the reasons I don't go down town, too many farang steroid morons who want to show their friends how macho they are! RIP to the Aussie fella.

I heard from someone who new someone who seen it happen and said the stamping did not occur, I know it will all come out in the wash and I hope it does, what concerns me is the 10 or so days on remand could be the money organising days for the accused to sort out the charge.

Archived