Australian man killed in brutal Pattaya bar fight identified, American attacker in custody

webfact

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, wazzupnow said:

i and many others agree with that

dogs that will probably not get the sentence they deserve. The police should charge him for murder 1

Any stooge that stomps a man death is guilty as charged. 

He should see 30 years no parole 

In 20 seconds, one barbaric act of changes lives of so many people !  Rest in peace Mr. Robb. Condolences to your friends and family.  The perpetrator , friends and family will also pay fo a long time ! It makes me very sad......we should all seek love, peace and happiness ?

2 minutes ago, Sig said:

Why stop with his friends? Wouldn't everybody in the bar be just as capable as the friends of intervening or helping the victim? I don't think taking pictures is a crime... It could even be beneficial evidence for that matter.

Might be hard to prosecute them, but I hope there's grounds for it under the law. These guys are special types of savage animals with no compassion for others. It takes a special kind of animal to laugh and take pictures as trophy's after that, these guys must come from a very violent environment and shouldn't be allowed to roam free.

6 minutes ago, Sig said:

I don't think taking pictures is a crime... 

no, it's not... you're right.  But it does show the absolute careless attitude toward the importance of human life. Really, i can imagine people cruel enough to beat a bloke up and take his photo to humiliate him, assuming he will recover and just a few bruises and dinted ego, but this guy had his head caved in! They must have known things are never to be the same for this fellow, and yet they still took pictures and were laughing.... how low can humans get??

4 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Nothing? And who served them alcohol?

It's responsibility of a bar to stop serving alcohol to too-drunk customers !

If reports are anything to go by, the American was certainly not drunk, no drunk would have the strength to hurl a fully grown man across a room. but drugs?? that's a different story.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

What can you say? a man goes o n holiday goes into a bar for a drink and end up dead, and all for the fact that people can't just keep themselves out of troubles anywhere they go, now one is dead and the other has his life and future ruined forever....

Two things always bring trouble; late night hours and too much booze. Deadly combination.

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

Because someone had already pointed out that the bars that have CCTV cameras have them discreetly pointed where no BJ action would be captured. Try and keep up.

Quite right.  It's the girls and the punters filming the BJ's on their cameras. :smile:  And I have been to Pattaya before you ask.  In fact I think that Pattaya is great for those looking to push the envelope.  It is a city of extremes and those who enjoy that would probably find it very attractive.  Just don't book it for the annual family holiday! 

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

In a perfect world. Thailand doesn't enforce pub laws like they might do in the West, don't expect it to be the same. They don't even enforce the smoking ban in bars.

The bib only enforce laws and rules that is sure to line their pockets.

13 minutes ago, drgoon said:

Well there's 12 pages now. Most spouting the same tired old crap.

Must be some form of compensation for the most posts....

12 pages is nothing, had the killer been a Brit there would have been easily more than 20 pages so far, Brit haters come flying out of the woodwork, usually the same old Brit. bashers every time, RIP to the Aussie did'nt deserve what he got despite anything he has supposed to have done at the time!

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

What can you say? a man goes o n holiday goes into a bar for a drink and end up dead, and all for the fact that people can't just keep themselves out of troubles anywhere they go, now one is dead and the other has his life and future ruined forever....

Although I generally don’t disagree with you, but I think a murderous thug like him could never have a future to ruin.

My heart goes out to the family of this needlessly murdered man... Unfortunately this bell can not be unrung. We can only hope this A-hole and his friends, that have so drastically affected so many lives, never again get to touch American soil again.  My they toil and rot in a Thai prison until there time is done and there last breath expelled.  I am an American and Thailand is my home and I am utterly disgusted at the deploreable actions of this group if people. I

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"We rarely get to hear what happened in these cases..."

Don't blame the police for that, blame the media, or yourself for not keeping up to date.  Thaivisa does not claim to be a team of investigative journalists!

I understood the the Thai Law says you can not report on the sentencing of a trail case.

The fact that this guy turned himself in after supposedly head stopping a guy to death, would suggest that its been exaggerated and embellished. If I was in a bar fight that resulted in the accidental death of someone, I would probably turn myself in. On the other hand if I head stomped a guy to death, I would probably do a runner. 

Have seen enough of these trial by social media things to realise that when the actual facts come out, the "hang him high" brigade are often left with egg on their faces.

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Pity Jesus Christ didn't bother to step in and prevent him being killed.

Yes! Same as he never does...but still gets credit for all good things and never held accountable for bad. BS to the max this JC! 

RE According to witnesses, Mr Robb became invovled in a confrontation with group of men, one of whom attacked him, throwing him across the room, punching him in his face and stomping on his head “10 to 15 times”.

* Unfortunately some tourists seems to leave their hotel rooms and let their brain remain in the safety box....:coffee1: 

RIP 

11 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Yes! Same as he never does...but still gets credit for all good things and never held accountable for bad. BS to the max this JC! 

Jc was too busy being an imaginary friend. 24/7. Dirty job but someone's gotta do it.... and the competition is fierce!!! Allah is just around the corner. 

3 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Only FYI...

GF reading the story on Thai news website says the Australian victim was choking a Thai girl and the American stepped in to help the damsel in distress and the unfortunate fight ensued.

http://www.nationtv.tv/main/content/378602515/

Jup i read that news also. Still no reason to crash someone's face and skull to.... DEATH! Mind your own friiiiicking biz and keep yourself out of trouble. Pe-ri-od!

This is sad, tragic and ugly. There is no excuse for this type of violence and I hope the attackers get, at very least, long Jail sentences. I wonder if it will result in the American serving any sentence back in the USA? Anyone here think so?

Archived