Australian man killed in brutal Pattaya bar fight identified, American attacker in custody

webfact

5 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Only FYI...

GF reading the story on Thai news website says the Australian victim was choking a Thai girl and the American stepped in to help the damsel in distress and the unfortunate fight ensued.

http://www.nationtv.tv/main/content/378602515/

If so - fair enough to interfere, but it dosnt justify jumping on someones head multiple times - does it...??...:coffee1:

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Only FYI...

GF reading the story on Thai news website says the Australian victim was choking a Thai girl and the American stepped in to help the damsel in distress and the unfortunate fight ensued.

http://www.nationtv.tv/main/content/378602515/

That article seems to paint quite a different picture of the Australian hitting his head on the floor when he fell as being the cause of death.

Savage animal nothing else can be said. Hope he gets what he deserves: 25yrs in Thai jail. He stumped or kicked victim’s head some 10-15 timed and no one in the bar intervened, how this can happened, is there no real men left in these beer bars or only pussies and old immobile men. How this is allowed to happened at 6:30pm in an open bar?

The pussies that witnessed this atrocity should be charged with complicity to the crime: shame on you shame on you for the rest of your lives, you  do not deserve to walk this earth pr to be called humans. 

5 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Don't know for this bar precisely, but several Soi 6 bars have their - mandatory - CCTV oriented in a way to not film "interactions" between customers and girls :wink:. So I would not be too surprised if the CCTV was not too helpful there... :unsure:

From theage.com.au: "Local police said investigators won’t have access to CCTV after the owner of Ruby Club admitted their cameras were broken during the fatal assault" . Yes, of course... :sleep:

1 minute ago, ttrd said:

Fair enough, but dosnt justify jumping on someones head multiple times - does it...??...:coffee1:

Americans: heroes and savers of the poor. As a diehard european living in los since 1997 i have never interfered except ONCE when this guy was beating a dog-mum with newborn puppies. Afterwards i learned the guy was BIB and - yes - in order to avoid future issues I "spontaneously" (totally hypocritically) and openly apologised in order for him not losing face. When in rome... interfering here is bad idea. 

15 minutes ago, Air Smiles said:

That article seems to paint quite a different picture of the Australian hitting his head on the floor when he fell as being the cause of death.

Hopefully, the CCTV cameras in the bar worked during that particular moment as to relate to what is written in the articles seems to be a real challenge - do not be surprised if the next article indicates that the Aussie jumped on his own head....:coffee1:

7 minutes ago, Donotdisturb said:

Jup i read that news also. Still no reason to crash someone's face and skull to.... DEATH! Mind your own friiiiicking biz and keep yourself out of trouble. Pe-ri-od!

7 minutes ago, ttrd said:

If so - fair enough to interfere, but it dosnt justify jumping on someones head multiple times - does it...??...:coffee1:

C'mon fellas! NOBODY...including especially me...claimed any justification. My post was even prefaced with "Only FYI" to prevent such silly replies and unjust quick draw finger waggling. :post-4641-1156693976:  

As an American I can only state this: If the reported action is correct, this murderer should be in prison in Thailand for the remainder of his life. I hope he is beaten and terribly assaulted daily and lives to a ripe old age living in unbearable pain every day .. Thank you. Sincerely, Thomas Domsitz

5 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

C'mon fellas! NOBODY...including especially me...claimed any justification. My post was even prefaced with "Only FYI" to prevent such silly replies and unjust quick draw finger waggling. :post-4641-1156693976:  

I wasnt drawing finger to you. Fully understood your intentions. Just gave my thoughts on whatever actually happened: dont break a guys skull. Peace. Love u. Hug. In the name of our mutual best friend: JC!

Just now, Bangkokazy said:

Soi 6 is a squalid and overcrowded urban street or district inhabited by very poor people, who hunt for the poor man's fun.

Ruby club is one of the places.

R.I.P.

Ive never been in soi 6 but when i take a look at the hostesses from that very club i consider myself very lucky being handsome, charming, witty, intelligent, romantic AND therefore not in any need to rent one of those isaaners... i have all i need at home ?

4 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Neither did I claim any justification from you - it was just a general feedback to the article you posted ant thats it....:sorry: for the misunderstanding and eventually the emotional inconvenience it caused...:coffee1: 

2 minutes ago, Donotdisturb said:

I wasnt drawing finger to you. Fully understood your intentions. Just gave my thoughts on whatever actually happened: dont break a guys skull. Peace. Love u. Hug. In the name of our mutual best friend: JC!

555 fair enough...thx and right on! :402:

Just now, ttrd said:

Neither did I claim any justification from you - it was just a general feedback to the article you posted ant thats it....:sorry: for the misunderstanding and eventually the emotional inconvenience it caused...:coffee1: 

Im sure skeptic understands. Just dont do it a 2nd time or he might freak out and break our skull!! ???

Back in 2008 we had the case of the Australian man shooting dead an American in a bar in Chiang Mai. 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2008-03-23/australian-arrested-after-alleged-thai-bar-murder/1080250

The Aussie did a pro job...two to the body one to the head.

The relevance to this thread is that the Aussie on did 2 years in prison for what was judged as premeditated murder.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/thais-to-deport-aussie-who-killed-an-american-tourist/news-story/956dec3d1d95efb4091a5e3173cb2531?sv=877997225a000a00dbf5506db8064a62

It will be interesting to see if this sets any kind of precedent although I obviously doubt it

5 hours ago, diehard60 said:

yep. pataya is the place to go if you want to die or get beat up

I have been going to Pattaya for years and never even came close to dying or getting beat up, but again, I am never drunk, or out after midnight.

I am not saying people should never be out after midnight, but I am saying they should never be drunk.

8 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

I didn't see a photo so I don't know if the American is ugly or not.   American law allows for holding Americans overseas liable for crimes that are committed there and that break USA laws.  So, depending on the circumstances, lawyers, politicians, etc.  many things could happen to this man.

Yes, sadly Money talks, just like it does in the good ole U.S.A.

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

So standing by, laughing and taking photos is OK in your book? I think it's pretty clear what kind of standards you have, but I think I'd prefer not to engage  any more with you on this subject.

if the American guy had pulled out a gun and shot the Australian guy, then his pals would not be to blame, but if the reports are right that they stood by and watched the kicking and took photos of it, then they should also get put away for a long time.

R.I.P

I really don't care where the guy is from what was done by the individual and the group isn't acceptable by any means. I say save everyone the time and money and take them out back provide a shovel so they can dig their own grave and then take the swore and off it goes. Take a photo their passport and return deliver it to the Embassy and back to the family.

I'm a American and they aren't Americans they are just plain trash. 

29 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

if the American guy had pulled out a gun and shot the Australian guy, then his pals would not be to blame, but if the reports are right that they stood by and watched the kicking and took photos of it, then they should also get put away for a long time.

If the American had a gun and his friends knew it and knew he was carrying it, pull it out never made a attempt to stop his buddy!  Believe me there is plenty of blame to go around!

People seem to be forgetting the fight started because the Australian guy was strangling a Thai girl, the report in the Nation says hands around throat and had her off the ground. 

Yes, horrific actions by the American but what is appropriate action/ force to stop someone strangling/killing someone.

If the Australian hadn't died, everyone would be praising the American for saving the Thai girls life.

Archived