Food trucks!! Anyone tried

Seanbhoy

I've tried many of those, mostly they looked open but were not serving....they also won't show the price...i bought a chickenkebab wrap from one which had a few tiny pieces chicken and far too much sauce...another one sold me a kao pad which was not nice and very dry. So i won't try them anymore.

the article is from 2015.  i'm pretty sure the 'taco taxi' moved from soi 11 to soi 4 across from nana plaza but i could be wrong.  i don't think the daniel thaiger truck is on soi 23 anymore.  they have a stand (not a truck) on soi 11 now adjacent to the holiday inn (near the end of the soi).   i've eaten at the the taco truck on soi 4, it is okay but nothing special. 

the W district by sukhumvit 71 has a number of food stands with alot of different choices.  i had a kebab wrap that was quite good.

the article is from 2015.  i'm pretty sure the 'taco taxi' moved from soi 11 to soi 4 across from nana plaza but i could be wrong.  i don't think the daniel thaiger truck is on soi 23 anymore.  they have a stand (not a truck) on soi 11 now adjacent to the holiday inn (near the end of the soi).   i've eaten at the the taco truck on soi 4, it is okay but nothing special. 

the W district by sukhumvit 71 has a number of food stands with alot of different choices.  i had a kebab wrap that was quite good.

Yeh you can go onto there Facebook and check where they are

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Digging up an article over two years old about the food trucks "taking over Bangkok's streets" that hardly made any impression at all and have all disappeared?   Doesn't that in itself answer your question?

You're wrong, though, with your generalized thoughts about European food in Bangkok sucking arse hole and being beaten into submission by these ultra-crappy mobile 'food' jokes.  That only happens if you can't be bothered to do a bit of research before you squat down to eat in your selected restroom, sorry, restaurant.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
13 hours ago, goegoe said:

They clearly are the future of any street food in Thailand when all the ugly rat infested dirty cart that they now use will be forbidden.

Not really, they take up too much space. If you look around you'll see the carts you mention have resurged...

17 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Not really, they take up too much space. If you look around you'll see the carts you mention have resurged...

You must know too much to be able to say that those trucs that are even used in Europe are not the future of any street selling, which is of course perfectly clear for anybody knowing what he is talking about.

• 6 months later...
On 7/19/2018 at 9:35 PM, goegoe said:

You must know too much to be able to say that those trucs that are even used in Europe are not the future of any street selling, which is of course perfectly clear for anybody knowing what he is talking about.

I agree ! They are everywhere now !

Archived