American claims self-defense as patron says man murdered in Pattaya was "trouble-maker"

snoop1130

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

The only facts so far is a corpse and a perpetrator and some shady drunken explanation murder/manslaughter needs independent witnesses as its crystal clear one side of the story is not enough.

But sweet Jesus, it is fun to read the speculations!

"But their report was at odds with other stories saying that the victim was floored with one punch. His head hit the ground killing him, they reported."

And yet the accused, according to the police, admitted to punching the victim three to four times! Clearly there are witnesses who themselves either were blind drunk or are completely bias in the accused favour which immediately makes me suspect the original scenario is closer to the truth than the single blow to the head and the "floor" actualy killed him version of events.

The sheer size of the guy indicates he could have stopped and restrained the victim without killing him. No mater how he justifies this to himself or anyone else he is guilty of taking another mans life. Something he appears to be comfortable with if the report of an earlier conviction prove correct.

Self defence?  What was he defending himself against. The guy was unconscious on the ground while he repeatedly kicked and stomped on his head. Self defence I don't think  so. Was nothing more than a cowardly attack. You are a piece of shit and have no place in this world may you rot I  jail for years to come. 

2 minutes ago, Cancerian said:

Self defence?  What was he defending himself against. The guy was unconscious on the ground while he repeatedly kicked and stomped on his head. Self defence I don't think  so. Was nothing more than a cowardly attack. You are a piece of shit and have no place in this world may you rot I  jail for years to come. 

Agreed, rotting with a side of sodomy served frequently.

It was reported that the deceased was severely beaten up around the face and head that sounds a lot more than just self defence should imagine a lot of brown envelopes have been or  will be getting passed around !! RIP to the victim regardless of the circumstances nobody deserves to die in such a terrible way !!!!

1 minute ago, crazykopite said:

sounds a lot more than just self defence should imagine a lot of brown envelopes have been or  will be getting passed around

You as well , many people on this thread nthink that many brown envelopes will get passed around

31 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

So what would you have done? Nothing i presume and just watched a young girl being manhandled and assaulted. Coward.

She was a prostitute in a girly bar and hes was a drunken customer .

I would not be in those kinds of bars anyway , but, if I were , I would not get involved and leave the bar .

At a stretch, I may have tried to mediate between the two , 

27 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

A friend of mine witnessed this incident and stated to me that this man's death was the result of a lack or medical support. It seems that instead of an ambulance arriving to provide oxygen and emergency treatment, that a motorcycle arrived in its place.  Albeit, this can not be proven as the cause of death, but it does make one wonder if this man's life might have been saved if an ambulance had arrived instead

Sorry but from the reports I have read the guy was not dead at the scene he passed away the following day in hospital so I don’t think even if the medical team had arrived on pushbikes he was so badly beaten up his life was already in dangour wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up with blood clots on his brain so severe were his injuries , it seems to me that the whole story is being re-written by the hour but one thing that should not be forgotten is that a life was taken needlessly.

I think that you have to choose your battles, for me being the white knight of a bar girl on soi 6 isn't one I would chose.  I like my face the way it is so I wouldn't want to lose and the American may have won  the fight but he certainly lost the war.   risk vs reward    way to much to risk and for what?  the reward can be purchased for 1000 baht anywhere in town.

2 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Don't think anyone would argue that...IF that is what truly happened. :coffee1:

It happened, It was on facebook (the actual source of the head stomping allegations).

Surprised no one is quoting a twitter post that the guy was yelling alla akbar while he was stomping.

Somehow I don't think brown envelops will get Jose out of this one that easy.  Two foreigners both probably intoxicated and Jose is a big guy and something tells me he probably used a bit too much force which means he will probably face charges. 

2 hours ago, Sevenbells said:

"A regular in the Ruby Club who didn't want to be named told Thaivisa that Robb often acted in an aggressive manner and was known by some to be a trouble maker."

Really?? This is a new one,from an anonymous source,with absolutely no validation.

I'm sure the "regular in the Ruby Club" is impartial.

Why would he not be impartial? Unless Robb had in the past been aggressive towards that person too. Of course, beating up on a Thai woman is okay. 

12 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I wonder how much the CCTV footage is worth right now?

And for sure they have some.

Good point - its obiviously that its not a reality that the most of the cctv cameras dont function when something serious happen and just function during minor incidents -  So Yes - a Clip covering this situation would be Worth millions of bath which would be happily paid in full by the offender...:coffee1:

6 minutes ago, Khun Paul said:

Amazing the WAITRESS has not as yet apparently made a complaint, one wonders why ??????  She was after all assaulted. 

She probably has, what are they going to do charge the dead guy ?

I would imagine she has been interviewed, interrogated, done a witness statement, maybe even been to hospital for treatment.

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

She probably has, what are they going to do charge the dead guy ?

I assume It will be more in for her by backing up the offenders story....:coffee1:

He should be jailed and made to languish behind bars for the death of this man. Finding exculpatory excuses to try to escape imprisonment is a poor show of irresponsibility. He should take responsibility for his death, self defense or otherwise.

2 minutes ago, slippery snake said:

Easy to change the story line when the victim can't  answer.. what about the story he stomped on the guys head about a dozen times when he was floored  and his head was a pulp ??  That's self defence ?

It's just a story so far... Maybe the autopsy will confirm or not ??

The American has zero defense.  He murdered.  It's not even 2nd degree.  It's 1st degree.   If he had a problem with something he witnessed in the bar, then there are ways to deal with such things:

confront the wrongdoer ...with words, or a hard shove or an arm-bent-behind-the-back, ....but stomping on the victims head multiple times is WAAAAAAAY beyond the pale.  

If found guilty: MAXIMUM PENALTY!  He'll meet some tougher guys during his decades in prison.

Archived