Divorce before visa application

ajb1985

10 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

And you for your kind words.

I was also once married in Australia for 12 and a half years and TOTALLY agree with your comments regrading the set up.

I am happy your happy and choose to live the way you do, I have a marriage which most men cannot comprehend, or are jealous of, and that's fine, i.e. I fly down to Phuket, or go to Pattaya when I want to alone, have my cake and eat it too, the most recent a couple of weeks ago, my Mrs knows what I get up to once or twice a year and she is fine with it, she understands we all have needs, although she is not into that herself, and if she was, I wouldn't mind, its only sex.

As for costing me so much to live here, I only invest what I am prepared to lose, 10% so far has provided a big house, car, bike, furniture and a fall back position for her, the rest is mine and back in Australia, there is also a prenuptial agreement that still stands, so if things ever went pare shape and I walked, the only thing I would lose monetarily is the 10%, but the biggest lose for me would be her, and that ain't going to happen, unless one of us departs this earth earlier than expected.

As for raising your standards high, nothing wrong with that, I did the same, and saw the beauty within this creature the day I met her, and she hasn't changed one bit in those 11 years, the job she had, was short in time and was an absolute need to support her struggling family at the time, something I wouldn't want to wish on anyone, that past, she is now the village Queen, still in her blue jeans and white singlet like the day I met her.

Wish you well in your plight mate.

nice story and i like the fact your open minded about, its only sex and i agree with you.

as i said i lived with a working girl once and relies some people dont have too many choices in life and im ok with that not like a lot of TV members who are married to ex working girls but dont have the balls to say so they make up some story about what she worked at before they dont see that most of us can see through all that.

have a good day fella 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, catman20 said:

nice story and i like the fact your open minded about, its only sex and i agree with you.

as i said i lived with a working girl once and relies some people dont have too many choices in life and im ok with that not like a lot of TV members who are married to ex working girls but dont have the balls to say so they make up some story about what she worked at before they dont see that most of us can see through all that.

have a good day fella 

Cheers, was taught from young to always call a spade a spade, and if people can't accept it, then that's their issue, not mine.

Its far from being a perfect world, but we do what we can to make it perfect for us, x hooker and all, somehow the title Dr, just didn't grab me, I love street wise people who can think outside of a text book.

All the best

Married last February

Marries a Thai girl

He's been in the UK ever since

She's been in Thailand ever since

He has no assets, no money

Wants a divorce within months of being married

She's demanding money.

Offer her a 100b....No make that 130b ...an extra 30b for the filing fee...and tell her to <deleted> off.

On 2/14/2018 at 7:24 AM, catman20 said:

your mate like many others here behaved like a child not thinking getting married then live in different countries, you all deserve whats coming.

i take it all the people that clicked on SAD are married right? :cheesy: no wonder your all sad,:cheesy:

Edited by catman20

1 hour ago, catman20 said:

good post , calling a spade a spade here in Thailand dose not sit well with all the bull shiters here they dont like to be exposed with all their lies and makes you very unpopular as i am. but who care about them i dont id rather be alone than surrounded by liars.:thumbsup:

That's why I am also alone here in rural Thailand, the Mrs stands firm by me, her family outside of ours comes 2nd.

I/we have very little to do with anyone, except when I frequent the local bars to mix it up with the xpats.

Her family learnt a long time ago that I wouldn't tolerate them putting pressure on the Mrs to extract what they could from me, they now respect who I am and know full well if they ever pissed me off, we would be on the move, so they keep to themselves and I keep to myself, we see each other seldom, i.e. the family do here or there, and having in-laws that don't speak my lingo suites me down to the ground, what's even better than that, is my Mrs has my back which is rare I am told from the xpats at the bars I frequent, having lost more than they were prepared to lose, some hanging on by the thread of a string because they have kids, i.e. the pawns, if you allow them to be.

Also learnt along time ago that when you have the $'s, you always have the upper hand, just look at the banks, they control the world, but that's another topic, oy

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice.

Some good advice on offer and also some bitter people offering nothing but negativity. [emoji849]

And for all you doubters. It really is a mate of mine. He’s 26 and she’s around mid 30’s blonde, tattooed etc etc...

I offered him my 2 cents and also what’s on this forum.
Good luck to ‘em.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:04 AM, catman20 said:

have a good day fella 

It's only sex as long as a condom is used. STDs or pregnancy are not "only sex", but life changing events ( if it's HIV or herpes ).

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:43 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Her family learnt a long time ago that I wouldn't tolerate them putting pressure on the Mrs to extract what they could from me, they now respect who I am and know full well if they ever pissed me off, we would be on the move,

You wuz lucky. When mine found out they were getting nothing from me they pressured my ex to divorce me. 

She did that, but any thought they had of her catching a more compliant ATM fish have come to naught, as she's too old and angry to catch a farang now.

She also fell out with her only sister, so it ended badly for both of us.

I did buy a lot of stuff like fridges, tv etc, but she didn't even get to use much of that now, so much to my disgust the family did get something out of me.

Had she stood up to them, like yours, she'd be a whole lot better off now.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:21 PM, KIWIBATCH said:

Married last February

Marries a Thai girl

He's been in the UK ever since

She's been in Thailand ever since

He has no assets, no money

Wants a divorce within months of being married

She's demanding money.

Offer her a 100b....No make that 130b ...an extra 30b for the filing fee...and tell her to <deleted> off.

I'm not professing to know, but perhaps he doesn't send her any financial support, so she wants to marry someone that will support her.

However, asking for lotsacash to get divorced is just off. Not like he got any benefit from being married.

She's probably just trying it on, as there is sod all she can do if he just abandons her. 

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You wuz lucky. When mine found out they were getting nothing from me they pressured my ex to divorce me. 

She did that, but any thought they had of her catching a more compliant ATM fish have come to naught, as she's too old and angry to catch a farang now.

She also fell out with her only sister, so it ended badly for both of us.

I did buy a lot of stuff like fridges, tv etc, but she didn't even get to use much of that now, so much to my disgust the family did get something out of me.

Had she stood up to them, like yours, she'd be a whole lot better off now.

Sorry to hear things went pair shape, but better earlier than later, and she did you a favour, believe you me when I say that.

My previous was a Greek Princes and wouldn't stand up to her parents, although they were/are wealthy, but miserable, and I hold no regrets when she left me, because her letting go of this diamond, lead me to my village Queen....who knows who comes first, and she knows she is also set up for life once I am gone.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2018 at 4:50 AM, MaeJoMTB said:

In Thailand

Met mine and agreed to marry in a week, married 2 weeks later.

8th wedding anniversary today, Marriage VISA not expensive, no savings required.

Before in the UK

I dated her for 2 years before marriage, complete disaster.

There is the proof that if you marry the right one it can last a long time. 

No one's opinion matters.

If you marry the right woman for you and the two of you can make it work together, you can have a happy life together.

• Like 1