What software do you use for HDR?

XJ650

I just found Aurora HDR 2018 and I like the way you work with that program.  You can work with Adjustment Layers and add Filters to each Layer. You can also add Image Layers. 

All Filters have a lot of sliders to adjust it just the way you want.  

And for each Layer you can adjust Opacity from 0 to 100%. 

You have Plugins from Photoshop and Lightroom. 

I have used the HDR-functions in Photoshop and Lightroom, used HDR Efex Pro and Photomatix Pro but for me, I now got much better control in this Aurora HDR 1800. 

Before it  was only working in Mac but now they have a version also for Windows.

You can find tutorials in Youtube made by Trey Ratcliff, Serge Ramelli and others. 

So what software do you use for HDR? 

(Yes, I know that many don't like HDR but we don't need that discussion here, please)

My first try is always Lightroom because the results are a 32-bit DNG RAW file that gives me the maximum ability to tone map the final image.

If I don't like the Lightroom results then I try different programs to find the one that gives me the best results.  easyHDR Pro (RAW input and 16-bit TIFF output) and Hugin (16-bit TIFF input and output) are good.  Microsoft Image Composite Editor (RAW input and 8-bit TIFF output) isn't bad.  Didn't care for Autostitch when I tried it.

I'll have to give Aurora HDR a try.  Thanks for the post.

"The brand new Aurora HDR 2018 for Mac & Windows is now available for the pre-order. Dozens of new tools and features to help you create stunning photos you never thought possible."

wow, think this the software thaifriendly chicks use to look better

Archived