Immigration queues

cheynewalk

1. I fly into there every 4-5 weeks. Since the last big hoo-ha at Xmas, it seems better. 30 minutes or so.

2. Don't queue with the tourists for a cab 2 hours + 50b more. Walk up 2 floors to departures and get some guy who is dropping off. Ignore the police. It's all a racket. Old hands have done this for donkeys'.

Eddy

I waited three hours, arrived on 10th feb ... i had single entry tourist visa, earlier, it took me literally 2 minutes to get the visa....now, its hellish....be prepared, its due to chinese new year, should be over by 18th of Feb, many new flights added which lands in the early morning. It was a nightmare....Chinese tourist, as usual jumping queue and even the number of immigration officers were just 50%

On 2/14/2018 at 12:48 PM, quinzinho said:

Thanks for this thread. I'm flying in tomorrow and was very nervous about immigration queues.. seems I can have hope not having to stand there for hours.

Taxi-wise the way to go is still crossing the road to the Amari hotel and fetch a cab over there?

Taxi - domestic passengers arriving still have to wait 30 minutes (usually more - up to 2 hours.

Agree:

- Cross to Amari

- Go up to departures level and grab a cab delivering folks for departure - normally no more than 1 to 2 minutes wait. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I came in mid day on the 27th of March from Macau, and it took me 40 minutes to get through immigration (I was first to join the queue out of everyone on my flight). I have to give immigration staff credit, for taking the Chinese tour groups to separate booths that they set up on the fly, otherwise I could of missed my connection in the 2nd terminal.

On 2/21/2018 at 7:17 PM, scorecard said:

Taxi - domestic passengers arriving still have to wait 30 minutes (usually more - up to 2 hours.

Agree:

- Cross to Amari

- Go up to departures level and grab a cab delivering folks for departure - normally no more than 1 to 2 minutes wait. 

Did it last week! There was no wait. In fact the taxi driver was waiting for me:laugh:
I walked out the door and straight into the taxi

21 hours ago, Amusements said:

otherwise I could of missed my connection in the 2nd terminal.

They should make a rule out of that and give priority to those who can proof a close connection.

Or will it always work on a courtesy base?

• 5 months later...

Archived