American who killed Australian tourist in Pattaya bar fight has murdered before

webfact

1 minute ago, Headgame said:

Really? Self defense from what exactly?

That will be a very challenging defense in these circumstances, if we've got the whole story at this point.

It may just be because self-defence is the only possible legal defence in a bar fight.  He can't say that he killed the guy because he was an <deleted>.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CockneyGit said:

And yet this man can get a visa to enter Thailand no problem. Well done Immigration, keep up the good work..!!

:clap2:

Immigrations doesn't issue visas.

Embassies and consulates, assuming he entered on a visa, wouldn't have access to criminal records. I seriously doubt that border and airport immigrations have access to records of everyone with a criminal record world wide. He apparently served (the ridiculously short) sentence imposed on him by a farang court for his first offense and therefore would not be wanted by police.

In any case, the two miscreants are foreigners. Once again someone tries to shift the blame for anything that happens in or out of Thailand onto Thais and Thailand.

Farang authorities seem to let plenty of charged and convicted criminals sail through immigrations when fleeing their countries and, quite often, have to rely on Thai police to apprehend and repatriate them.

If the Aussie guy was that bad management would not have made him welcome there.

Seen plenty of big guys playing around with small girls in a bar lifting them and stuff. Again these girls can stick up for themselves and they tend to avoid problem customers.

This American can clearly not handle his drink...

3 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

He only got 2 years for murder before?!  I bet the family of the murdered guy did not feel like they got justice.  

That's two he's killed. If he'd have been executed the first time his second victim would still be alive.

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

One man is a convicted murder, the deceased is a known trouble maker and a bully, what a fine

specimen of human being Pattaya is attracting, almost safe enough to have our monthy

church meetings there...

Jup. Ever observed the regular pattaya monger? Rarely u will see a nobel price winner or advanced human being. Mostly you will encounter alcoholics, misogynists, perverts, low of the low, ugly, machos, loud, crying for attention (from hookers, imagine!!)...  

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Polanco said it was self defence, yet he has killed before.

Sounds like a total nutter who should be locked up for life.

How can it be "self defence" if the man he attacked was fighting with a waitress....not with him?

Now you know  why the military  government  is   trying to change the image of  Thailand.Pattaya has become the wild west of the world   with all  races   all  different ideas  and reasons for been there.I must admit I have never experienced   any problems there but   stick to my mates  from our  jogging club.The main problem is that  booze is  now also fuelled  by  drugs such as ice  which sets people of their  brains.  Small incidents  become  big incidents and in this case death.  Sounds like both  were of their trees.

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Stone the crows, this dipstick is a time bomb that was waiting to explode, he has done it before and has done it again, few brain cells missing up top.

Who knows how many other people he has beaten up.

The deceased picked up a waitress by the neck until her feet were off the ground, the Thai's would have dealt with him if the Aussie was that big of a threat, but no, good ol Captain America had to weigh in, and now another person is dead.

Straight to a Thai jail, do not pass Go, do not collect $200, rot in prison, where you should have served your first full term of 12 years and not been released after 2 years, because you learnt nothing, to add, when a bloke is down, you back off, something you don't get, that's why he's dead, like I said, your a time bomb, tick tock, off the streets, go off in jail all you like mate.

and with all due respect to the deceased and his family this was a case of a loud mouth meeting a nutter.  Having a big mouth is not a fatal crime or I would have been dead many years ago.

7 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

How can it be "self defence" if the man he attacked was fighting with a waitress....not with him?

this was my point earlier, nobody seems to know, or the truth is lost in so many interpretations of the event. He could have confronted the Aussie who leaves the girl alone and punches the American (hence the self defense plea).

Maybe, perhaps, did he?, didn't he?..................................

Such criminals can easily enter the kingdom ? This is his second murder ?

I'm married with a thai girl and I'm living here for more than 15 years, never had a problem with police/justice and still have to do tons of papers for my yearly visa extension ? That's not logical / fair.

1 hour ago, twizzian said:

So the charge has already been downgraded to Manslaughter.

Stamping repeatedly on a persons head is surely an act of wanting to kill!

Pattaya has now become Thug capital of Thailand.

it hasnt gone to court yet. Its only press talk

23 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Obviously a cavalier from the old school. He did ruin it though shouting "I learned that one in St.Quentin" as he threw the man over the bar.

35 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

Bring back the death penalty in Thailand, it might deter some.

Gosh, it's  always sad to read a post such as yours  when it  appeals to a certain element of the uninformed members  of TVF.   

Please  try to show the forum members  any links to evidence of your claim that the death penalty deters crime.

Please try to do that..   OK?

Archived