American who killed Australian tourist in Pattaya bar fight has murdered before

webfact

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Polanco said it was self defence, yet he has killed before.

Sounds like a total nutter who should be locked up for life.

thank god i was not in same bar with this nutter.long stretch in THAI

gaol will take away much anger from his personnel!.

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

Even a comparatively wealthy nation like the UK has not got round to doing that where the vast majority of its visitors and immigrants are concerned and we admit more scoundrels, rogues, ne'er do wells and scroungers into Britain than Thailand could ever even dream of doing.

How very true.

4 hours ago, UncleE said:

In fact picking up the waitress by the head until her feet were off the ground is a nasty thing to do.   So I'd say the American guy was just neutralizing an idiot, helping the girl out.   And .......

.....The red mist came down!

46 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Excuse me?

Do you think it may be more accurate to use the plural as in "persons"?     There were two undesirable individuals involved in this insane altercation.

And they both hailed from countries that have great relations.

think you kind of missed my point chief,  but whatever sure

Not sure how what you said really relates to or corrects the fact that I am trying to point out "the extremely negative view some people have of Thailand"  In any case  "Some People are trying to shift the blame of what happened to thai government for allowing these two people into the country, rather than blaming the actual 2 people involved in the incident" is that better? (thai people at fault for what happened not the farang that were actually involved)

6 hours ago, CockneyGit said:

And yet this man can get a visa to enter Thailand no problem. Well done Immigration, keep up the good work..!!

:clap2:

Agree .... I was refused a renewal SETV because the bank book showing I had over 20000 baht was not up to date.

They really do seem to pick on the wrong types.......!!!!

3 hours ago, Donotdisturb said:

Jup. Ever observed the regular pattaya monger? Rarely u will see a nobel price winner or advanced human being. Mostly you will encounter alcoholics, misogynists, perverts, low of the low, ugly, machos, loud, crying for attention (from hookers, imagine!!)...  

It goes to show which places you frequent. Six years in Pattaya and NEVER saw a fight.

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

When I crossed the Canadian border in to America, I was asked if I had any convictions for assault, like I was going to admit it.

When I crossed the Mexican border in to America, I wasn't even asked for my passport, nor was my hired car searched. No wonder there are so many Mexican illegals in America.

First question is are you white? second question what country is your passport from?

If you are a US citizen trying to get home I am curious as to why would you be asked if you had any convictions for assault.

Regarding your Mexico experience that's just mind-boggling unless they gave you a pass because of being white and a US license plate on the car?

4 hours ago, Emster23 said:

So how is that "good guys in, bad guys out" program working for you, immigration?

....And just awhile ago some poor guy was denied entry at Swampy when he honestly declared US jailtime for a minor felony 25 yrs ago:

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

One man is a convicted murder, the deceased is a known trouble maker and a bully, what a fine

specimen of human being Pattaya is attracting, almost safe enough to have our monthy

church meetings there...

That's what the Thai mean with QUALITY TOURISTS...

54 minutes ago, WHYWHY said:

So he's done this before goes to jail and let out to kill again

He says he took exception to what was happening.

The owners of this Club should have stepped in.

People need to learn they can't take the into there own hands.

No one deserves to die this way 

yeah, good luck with that... It's easy for anyone to say "Ohh I would have done this" or "someone should have stopped it"

but human nature has proven that's not the case. soo many social experiments where people would rather just look the other way or not get involved. Very few people will do the right thing by putting themselves in danger.

I used to think like you until I encountered a group people assaulting 1 man...  I chose to keep walking instead of trying to intervene by rationalizing it'ts none of my business but the plain and simple truth is... I was afraid the group of men would hurt me also if tried to stop it.

3 hours ago, miamiman123 said:

How did he get into Thailand ??

He flew into the airport. They glance at you and glance at your passport and give you a 30 day exempt.

Can you imagine immigration contacting Interpol. FBI, and doing a criminal background check while you were entering Thailand?

Here's some official history on Polanco's prior criminal case:

https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/1138505/state-v-polanco/

Defendant was an 18-year-old high school student at the time relevant here. Several days after the murder, a student at defendant's high school told a teacher that defendant had been involved in the killing of Cooper. The student had heard this information from a friend of defendant's girlfriend. The school reported this information to the North Miami Police Department by telephone.

Two North Miami plain-clothes detectives went to the school and asked to speak to the defendant. Defendant was brought from *1124 class to a conference room.[1] The detectives ascertained that defendant had gone to work at a grocery store on the evening of the murder, after which he met a man he identified as Michael and was paid $20 to look at a problem with Michael's car. Defendant identified a photograph of the victim as being Michael.

Upon gathering this information, the detectives concluded that defendant was the last, or one of the last, persons to see the victim alive. One of the detectives testified that he asked the defendant to accompany them to the police station a half block away from the school, for further interview. The gist of the detective's testimony was that this was done on a voluntary basis and that the defendant was not in custody. The defendant's testimony was that the detectives told him they were taking him to the police station and that he was not given a choice in the matter. The defendant and detectives then proceeded to the police station.[2]

No Miranda warnings[3] were given at the school or upon arrival at the police station.

At the police station the detectives questioned the defendant further. They obtained a consent to search defendant's car. After questioning defendant for an hour and ten minutes, defendant confessed to the murder. At that point he was arrested and given Miranda warnings. He then gave another statement confessing to the murder. He also told the detectives where he disposed of the murder weapon, which was not recovered, and where he disposed of his own bloody clothing, which was recovered.[4]

..nowhere does it say there was a fight between the two 'men'...

...this 'guy' saw someone that they described as 'drunk' (?) being abusive towards a waitress...

...management did nothing....who knows what transpired beforehand....this guy...a regular...was already labelled...

...the 'hero' jumps in and clocks the hapless guy then keeps hitting and stomping him even when he is unconscious...(?)

...at what point did he have to defend himself from an apparently out of shape and possibly drunk patron at the bar..(?)

4 hours ago, Donotdisturb said:

Jup. Ever observed the regular pattaya monger? Rarely u will see a nobel price winner or advanced human being. Mostly you will encounter alcoholics, misogynists, perverts, low of the low, ugly, machos, loud, crying for attention (from hookers, imagine!!)...  

So you spend a fair bit of time with these people? 

3 hours ago, fimo said:

Such criminals can easily enter the kingdom ? This is his second murder ?

I'm married with a thai girl and I'm living here for more than 15 years, never had a problem with police/justice and still have to do tons of papers for my yearly visa extension ? That's not logical / fair.

Well go and kill someone and you won't have to through the yearly hassles. 

In Angeles City (similar to pattaya for those who don’t know),  every single bar has its own set of security guards...

I see that Many gogo bars on walking street also have security. 

Perhaps time for soi 6 to follow suit?

7 hours ago, jvs said:

And yet a country that knows of his criminal past lets him have a passport and travel!!!!!Well done very advanced western country keep up the good work.They seem to let anybody out but try to get in!!!

It's called  "Bad guys out, good guys in."  Does it sound familiar?    Good idea in principal.

1 hour ago, speckio said:

First question is are you white? second question what country is your passport from?

If you are a US citizen trying to get home I am curious as to why would you be asked if you had any convictions for assault.

Regarding your Mexico experience that's just mind-boggling unless they gave you a pass because of being white and a US license plate on the car?

Yes, white, and the UK, and a US license plate on the car.

Archived