samsung mobile telephone repair J7 pro

notrub

I just got a samsung J7 pro on contract with AIS.  I checked Utube and it showed this phone survived a water splash trial and also lasted 50 seconds being totally immersed in a tank of water.   Well, I was not so lucky and my J7 failed after a pretty short dunking in the pond.  I took it to the Samsung shop and they came back with a quote of 6,800 THB to repair it.  I just ordered a new one from Ladaza for 7,100 and that is OK.  But I have this brand new water damaged J7 pro and would like to repair it if I can get it done cheaply.  I can send it to any town in Thailand or any country that has a reliable postal service.  Any ideas please?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Did you buy directly from AIS?  A friend bought a phone at AIS several years ago.  The display became unresponsive 6 months later.  She went to the AIS store where she bought the phone and they replaced it, no problem.

I think it was a Samsung "J" series but one of the smaller ones; J-2 maybe?

BTW, I believe they claim "Water Resistant" rather than "Water Proof" giving themselves a very nice out.

Thanks  I went to the AIS shop and they very politely offered to sell me a new one (11,000 or 12,000 THB).  I went to the Samsung shop next door and sent it for an estimate.   6,890 THB (about).  I ordered a new one no contract from Ladaza for 7,100 THB.  But I still have the broken one and would like to repair it if poss.  The water got into the top part.  The new series A is waterproof and see a series S  on the web that is also waterproof.  The A is good for several meters for many hours.

I had a Xiaomi that fell from my shirt pocket into a toilet...ugh!

Fished it out pretty quickly and did all the YouTube stuff:  hot rice, hair dryer, ect but nothing worked, dead as a brick.  Xiaomi makes no claims of water resistance but I had hopes.

Archived