BANGKOK 21 May 2019 15:28
cmsally

Smoke, Smog, Dust 2018 Chiang Mai

I think the 24-hr AQI for quite a few stations (looking at aqicn only) in CM city might be hovering at around the AQI 200 mark, starting to be getting "Very Unhealthy".....unless if you have an AP running (luckily most would have).

On 12 April 2019 at 2:34 PM, motdaeng said:

have a look at ≠ 8, it could be the work around your looking for ... good luck

hi ? sorry dont understand workaround please explain 

On 12 April 2019 at 10:14 PM, vivid said:

Go Lazada to check out the DIY HEPA filters, or any other spare filters that are of a bigger size. 

You can cut them up to size, if there are gaps at the side, just plug up with some tissue paper, bubble wrap or something.  Don't worry about the sealing, it's not that super important in real life for haze/air pollution at this magnitude.

So at least your 3 air purifiers still are usable, instead of just chucking them into the store.

thanks i did that 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, icare999 said:

hi ? sorry dont understand workaround please explain 

icare999 said: ... i bought 2 they are useless in some respects really good at getting ait clean quickly but only on full power and it switches to automatic autonamatically after 1-3 hours then its useless so need to put it on every time it stops on full power also very noisy. ...

one member explains ( post nr 8 ), how to avid that xiaomi goes all 3 hours back to the automatic mode ...

i thought you are looking for a way to solve this issue ...

Edited by motdaeng

the never-ending burning season this year? I thought burning would be done by Songkran, its Apr 19 and the AQI sitting at a dangerous 160 😞

Another month to go. Rains not expected until late May this year. Burning and bad air will continue as long as it is dry.

• Like 1

Yeah.....today's morning air around CM province is a bit relatively worse than previous few days.

First rains in Chiang Mai has fallen.

Hope all these will stop soon.

image.png.bc2bb2f4ba274503b6bee0490ad777ea.png

image.png.20a54bb995ab3e59040b6df98699af1b.png

The rain was highly localised and very inconsistent. It will take a whole lot more rain, which is not forecast, before there is any meaningful improvement. But every time I drive past Ruamchok intersection and see the 10000 litre blue tank and it's dozen misters spraying water a metre into the air I breathe deeply and thank our Governor and the big man in Krungthep for doing so much to help us.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, brommers said:

The rain was highly localised and very inconsistent. It will take a whole lot more rain, which is not forecast, before there is any meaningful improvement. But every time I drive past Ruamchok intersection and see the 10000 litre blue tank and it's dozen misters spraying water a metre into the air I breathe deeply and thank our Governor and the big man in Krungthep for doing so much to help us.

The visit did help. Now no more news about the situation. Problem solved!

What is the present situation with the air quality in Chiang Mai. 

I am trying to plan a visit some time in May and I was wondering if it has improved any.

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

I am trying to plan a visit some time in May and I was wondering if it has improved any.

Improved, yes air quality has improved; however, it is still not great. We have had a few rains and blustery storms and by May the air quality should be better.

Here is a link for you:

https://aqicn.org/city/chiang-mai/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NE1 said:

It's much better than what we had during March / Early April, but may still deteriorate again if rains don't persist. I'd try to schedule the visit to be as late as possible.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

After several days of being able to clearly make out a mountain to the west and being able to exercise outdoors, this morning the gray haze is again quite pronounced.  

MakeItStop.gif.8de76d4a43b49bfde2cf1413f29dc408.gif

Edited by DonDoRondo
Format issue