BREAKING: Bodies of 4 babies found dumped in trash in Hua Hin

webfact

22 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I would highly recommend getting several alternative sources  other than TVF for your news. If you have internet you have the WORLD sources at your fingertips even for Thailand news there are multiple sources out there. 

Almost every new story about anything changes and there are many better sources for the truth. I don't have any fixation.  You were also wrong and what you originally READ was incorrect hence my post. I mean really you need to open up your news horizons quite a bit or you will be habitually misinformed.  This is not snappy it's the truth. 

Sources or they don't exist!

Most news these days starts from a single source and other news outlets are simply copying and repeating. If you know different, why not say so?   TVF simply took it from banmuang.co.th! That source states they were newborn! Translation gives The first 2 bodies are baby between 6-8 months. 2 corpses, 3-4 months old, 1 corpse and 8 weeks old.

I don't see the sense of looking at the rest of the world, what on Earth will an Australian news outlet know of a breaking news story from Thailand?

Another source  says foetuses so apologies, but I took the OP as read.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Sources or they don't exist!

The main alternative source has been given several times. The links and/or posts have been removed each time by mods for being in breach of forum rules - which as often mentioned, do not allow links to or quotes from this particular publication (perhaps you can figure out which one it is). 

On 13/02/2018 at 11:46 AM, JOC said:

An illegal abortion clinic is probably a very qualified guess....

How do they do that?

These children are reported to be between 8 weeks and 4 months old !

RIP children, hopefully those who did this will answer heavily to the law

2 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Is there no end to this nonsense

I could not read more of the stupid posts on this subject, However if it has already been covered or discredited I do not make any apologies for my own post because in essence it was concerning fools who readily blame abortion clinics.

Abortion clinics abort the unborn child, This story fake or otherwise was about the living child

14 minutes ago, Janner1 said:

I could not read more of the stupid posts on this subject, However if it has already been covered or discredited I do not make any apologies for my own post because in essence it was concerning fools who readily blame abortion clinics.

Abortion clinics abort the unborn child, This story fake or otherwise was about the living child

No it's not - this is about aborted foetuses. The use of the word 'babies' is a mis-translation from the original article in Thai.

I think (hope) we are allowed to quote from The Nation newspaper - their report makes it quite clear:

Prachuap Khiri Khan police are gathering evidence to apply for a court’s permission to search a clinic suspected of providing illegal abortion services in Muang Hua Hin municipality, following the Tuesday discovery of four foetuses in garbage bins near a convenience store in Soi Hua Hin 68.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30338927

8 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

No it's not - this is about aborted foetuses. The use of the word 'babies' is a mis-translation from the original article in Thai.

Go back to the beginning and read the original report as posted here.

It clearly says the children were between 8 weeks and 4 months old and that is what I reacted to, as did others.

I have no objection to people posting comments because after all that is what this forum is about, but at least READ the original post before making derogatory comments against the posts of those who have.

30 minutes ago, Janner1 said:

Why don't you try reading the posts in this thread instead of just replying blind?

47 minutes ago, Janner1 said:

Go back to the beginning and read the original report as posted here.

It clearly says the children were between 8 weeks and 4 months old and that is what I reacted to, as did others.

I have no objection to people posting comments because after all that is what this forum is about, but at least READ the original post before making derogatory comments against the posts of those who have.

I have read the original post - but then I also read all the others in between, something I always try to do before commenting. I'm also not sure it's a good idea to go only on the original post, especially given the number of times that ThaiVisa News has given a misleading or simply inaccurate report on news items. 

Reading the posts in between would show that there have been a large number of posts pointing out that these were foetuses, not babies - and even a couple of minutes spent checking on other, generally more reliable sources will show this.

Incidentally, Thai Visa News itself is now reporting a more accurate follow

up version of the story where it is clearly stated these were foetuses.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1025223-hua-hin-police-to-apply-to-search-suspected-abortion-clinic/

8 minutes ago, WHYWHY said:

Can we stick to this Tradgedy 

4 little Babies lost there short life.

We don't need to go into speculation on anything 

Just pray the Person or Persons are caught and brought to justice 

It's kind of difficult to stick to the tragedy of "4 little babies" when the fact is that they weren't babies. If people are commenting based on factually incorrect information then I think that should be pointed out.

3 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

It's kind of difficult to stick to the tragedy of "4 little babies" when the fact is that they weren't babies. If people are commenting based on factually incorrect information then I think that should be pointed out.

2 to 4 months old are still  babies

8 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I have read the original post - but then I also read all the others in between, something I always try to do before commenting. I'm also not sure it's a good idea to go only on the original post, especially given the number of times that ThaiVisa News has given a misleading or simply inaccurate report on news items. 

Reading the posts in between would show that there have been a large number of posts pointing out that these were foetuses, not babies - and even a couple of minutes spent checking on other, generally more reliable sources will show this.

Incidentally, Thai Visa News itself is now reporting a more accurate follow

up version of the story where it is clearly stated these were foetuses.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1025223-hua-hin-police-to-apply-to-search-suspected-abortion-clinic/

My comment was clear and specific upon the the article as posted herein.

I have not read or posted comment on anything that came after.

However I do have a rather large dent from banging my head against a brick wall over this point

5 hours ago, Janner1 said:

As I commented earlier NEVERMIND

On 14/02/2018 at 7:29 AM, Bob12345 said:

Exactly.

And that should not be a big surprise in a country with:

- low education standards

- non-existent sex education

- a culture of denying responsibility

- low prospects for many to get a good life

- rules and regulations outlawing abortion

Yep and is getting worse. 

10 hours ago, AmericanSafety said:

Abortion is NOT illegal in Thailand. Just highly frowned upon.

Well I guess it depends on how you look at it but the way the 1956 law is worded, abortion is 'a priori' illegal in Thailand. 

The following is extracted from the actual wording of the law:

Any woman, causing herself to be aborted or allowing the other person to procure the abortion for herself, shall be imprisoned [...] or fined [...]

Whoever procures abortion for a woman with  her consent, shall be punished with imprisonment [...] or fined [...]

Whoever procures abortion for a woman without her consent, shall be punished with imprisonment [...] or fined [...]

The law then goes on to list the situations where having or carrying out an abortion can be done without incurring these penalties. 

So I think it's more accurate to say that abortion is illegal in Thailand, but that there are exceptions, under which it is permissible.

An 8 week foetus is about the size of the fingernail on your thumb. About 1.5cm.
I guess the entire waste was thrown in together and they (the police) sorted out what was what in order to identify the foetus that are 8 weeks.

It is weird why they wouldn't just flush that down the toilet?

In the UK (and other countries) many abortions before 9 weeks are done at home via an oral pill (Mifepristone) and the embryo is passed along with blood often unseen by the woman as there are other clots present which may well be bigger than the actual embryo.

Between 9-12 weeks the oral pill route can still be taken but usually at supervised clinics.  The embryo is now technically called a foetus and is about 5.5cm.

Seems like a very shoddy abortion outfit is in operation.  If they cannot professionally or at least intelligently get rid of clinical waste then how competent are they undertaking abortions!?

Archived