BREAKING: Bodies of 4 babies found dumped in trash in Hua Hin

webfact

1 minute ago, Grumpy Duck said:

The questions I have:

1, were there any reports of missing or abducted babies in the area?

2, if dead from natural causes, (disease) are there any pediatric clinics in the immediate vicinity

3, the article stated each baby was in a plastic bag, Were they identicle bags? Perhaps such as used for medical waste?

This is a terrible way to dispose of any former living thing. Hopefully Banmuang will  follow up with a complete story. 

And my question is - Why every other news source including television report the discovery of foetuses and most posters here insist on believing a bad translation from Banmuang, a Thai language source?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Grumpy Duck said:

The questions I have:

2, if dead from natural causes, (disease) are there any pediatric clinics in the immediate vicinity

3, the article stated each baby was in a plastic bag, Were they identicle bags? Perhaps such as used for medical waste?

This is a terrible way to dispose of any former living thing. Hopefully Banmuang will  follow up with a complete story. 

No, if you read the rest of the thread you will find out that they were fetuses.

I have no idea how anyone would abduct a fetus.

Again the answer would be no, as they were fetuses.

Instead of continuously speculating about what happened it would probably be better if you were to read and understand what has already been posted and established.

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

OK point taken, but there's also plenty of cases in the past of unauthorized / illegal abortion clinics in Thailand being raided and .....

I absolutely agree.  These illegal operations only exist because of the stigma in many Thai people's minds.  The truth of the matter is there is no need for a girl/woman to resort to these back street butchers.  The info structure is there and should be used.

Hua Hin police hunt for culprits dumping four human fetuses in garbage bin 

By Thai PBS

huahin.jpg

Hua Hin district police in Prachuap Khiri Khan are now hunting for culprits who dumped four human fetuses in garbage bin near convenience store on Tuesday (Feb 13).

The fetuses, wrapped and put inside garbage bags, were found by a garbage collector of Hua Hin Municipality who collected the waste at a 7-Eleven convenience store at Ruamsook housing estate.

Hua Hin police superintendent Pol Col Sittichai Srisopacharoenrat said that police detectives had been sent to the scene to look for evidence and track the routes used by the culprits.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/hua-hin-police-hunt-culprits-dumping-four-human-fetuses-garbage-bin/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-02-14

2 hours ago, HHTel said:

They were fetuses.

Abortion/termination has been legal in Thailand for more than a decade.  Even the 'abortion pill' as accepted as legal in 2014.  Valid reasons for abortion are pretty much the same as in the west.  i.e. health, rape, and socio-economic.  Applicants are counseled first just the same.

Please inform the UN also about that since they keep publishing reports saying otherwise (referring to sections 301-305 of the Thai penal code).

Abortion is only legal in case of rape and in case the health of the mother is in danger (which can be extended to emotional health).

Not sure how it is in the west, but in my home country you can do an abortion until 24 weeks and there has to be no reason otherwise than "i don't want a baby".

19 minutes ago, scorecard said:

OK point taken, but there's also plenty of cases in the past of unauthorized / illegal abortion clinics in Thailand being raided and .....

And what? Again I will state a 2 month old child is NOT a fetus. Are you implying that a clinic performed an illegal late term abortion where the fetuses were actually fully developed children and allowed to live several months before being destroyed? 

I tend to think you have been reading too much propaganda put out by the right to birth fanatics

Just now, Grumpy Duck said:

And what? Again I will state a 2 month old child is NOT a fetus. Are you implying that a clinic performed an illegal late term abortion where the fetuses were actually fully developed children and allowed to live several months before being destroyed? 

I tend to think you have been reading too much propaganda put out by the right to birth fanatics

2 months old would be a very late stage abortion indeed. The progressives are probably working on that though.

Anyhow, there has been copious postings here saying that this disposal of fetuses. The OP article was wrong. 

38 minutes ago, transam said:

I think your post was way out of order bringing your religious stuff into a heartbreaking topic, but if that is your "thing" it has been read by all....:sad:

I'm broken up by you thoughts, totally devastated, but they are only your opinion and I'll get over it (probably by the time I type the full stop after this). 

Clearly if I post a comment on a public forum I don't need you to point out that it can be (not 'has been') read by all.

1 minute ago, canuckamuck said:

2 months old would be a very late stage abortion indeed. The progressives are probably working on that though.

Anyhow, there has been copious postings here saying that this disposal of fetuses. The OP article was wrong. 

Yes, I just saw such a post. I simply commented on the OP report, I don't watch or read Thai news other as translated here. 

2 hours ago, HHTel said:

It alters the story somewhat.  This was not murder carried out on babies but the result of illegal abortions.

The debate on when a fetus becomes a child will carry on regardless.

"The debate on when a fetus becomes a child will carry on regardless."

Sure.... but how about the debate on when a human fetus becomes a human ? ? 

6 minutes ago, Catoni said:

"The debate on when a fetus becomes a child will carry on regardless."

Sure.... but how about the debate on when a fetus becomes a human ? ? 

Fetus can be applied to any mammal.

an unborn offspring of a mammal, in particular an unborn human baby more than eight weeks after conception.

As already stated, these were human fetuses.  And that's all I'll say on the subject.

This is very sad and just as sad as the 3000 aborted babies a day in The U.S.  Every life is precious and what many abortion clinics do in America is more sickening than what happened to these precious babies.

My hope is that everyone responsible will come to a realization of how horrible this is and realize how precious each life is.

R.I.P every aborted  baby.....

1 minute ago, HHTel said:

Fetus can be applied to any mammal.

As already stated, these were human fetuses.  And that's all I'll say on the subject.

"Fetus can be applied to any mammal".

That's true... I agree.   But this thread is talking about human fetuses...  My mistake for not making that clear. 

So then... ""The debate on when a fetus becomes a child will carry on regardless."

Yes... .. but how about the debate on when an alive human fetus becomes a living human ? ? 

1 minute ago, Miss Pickle said:

I have just read the Thai visa page it does not mention a foetus it says four bodies of babies aged 8 weeks to 4 months found for all the slanging that is going on does it really matter  what age they are it is horrific just wrapped in plastic and thrown in a bin very sad . 

Do keep up!

19 hours ago, Dave67 said:

Sort of lost for words this one, what state of mind can someone be in to do something so hideous 

To be expected in a  country forbidding abortion In a  country with a huge amount of  unnecessary teen pregnancies despite  cheap availability of contraception, in a country where religion rules their daily  life, in a country stuck in the dark ages.

Edit  didnt  realise abortion was now  legal, well at least some  improvement

4 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

To be expected in a  country forbidding abortion In a  country with a huge amount of  unnecessary teen pregnancies despite  cheap availability of contraception, in a country where religion rules their daily  life, in a country stuck in the dark ages.

Abortion is perfectly legal in Thailand and has been for more than 10 years.

24 minutes ago, Catoni said:

Yes... .. but how about the debate on when an alive human fetus becomes a living human ? ? 

One for the "religious" to mull over.

To me. IMHO, when the 'entity' can sustain life on it own accord, human or otherwise. :coffee1:

19 hours ago, manarak said:

until more is known about how these babies ended up dead and in the trash, any comment is totally unfounded.

They were found in the trash, I think there is nothing wrong with commenting on this heinous act, damn you can not get any lower than that

2 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

Oh my word

19 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Were they really dead babies aged between 8 weeks and 4 months? Other reports I've read say they were foetuses at between 8 weeks and 4 months development. There's quite a difference.

obviously a translation issue

Archived