BREAKING: Bodies of 4 babies found dumped in trash in Hua Hin

webfact

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Annunaki said:

Doubt that it was a ritual or they would have kept the baby's bodies in a glass jar.

More likely an illegal abortion clinic, as suggested earlier in this thread.

Correct me if I am wrong but when a baby is aborted it is still just a fetus.  Not 8 weeks to 4 months as the article says.

14 hours ago, JOC said:

And this in a country where the "good" Buddhist's refuse to euthanize a suffering animal....

It is sad.  Unfortunately the social and monetary pressures can drive people to consider doing such things.  So many people are disenfranchised from the basic human condition.

17 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

More crap reporting, now we have a thread of people arguing over what the actual details are likely to be, when in reality we know almost nothing and of course expect the facts to change several times in the next couple of days.

Very disturbing story regardless.

Why wouldn't it keep changing, most Thais can't even explain how to find the next street and here you are expecting a concise, factual and up-to-date news story, but bear with it - a lot more confusion to come before anyone fully understands (if ever).. 

Sorry but I'm not really sure of the full facts on this, I thought that the ages were the ages of fetuses .

Some reports are stating new born and others are stating fetuses.

The actual article in the link of the original post when run through 'Google Translate' makes a mention of an illegal abortion clinic.

Very first Precept in Buddhism

1. Panatipata veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami

I undertake the precept to refrain from destroying living creatures.

Requiescat In Pacé little ones....  may you be reborn into a gentle, loving, peaceful life. 

Truly hope they catch the monster/monsters who did this disgusting horrible sickening crime.

8 minutes ago, hobobo said:

I guess Buddhism in Thailand is changing?

R.I.P. to the four innocent souls that were never given a chance.

Who did this sickening disgusting act might call themselves Buddhist and go through the motions at temple...

.... but they are most certainly NOT Buddhist in their heart and mind... 

14 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I was not aware that there had been any similar incidents in Pattaya.

But I'm sure you're aware that there is a very active 'Pattaya Haters Brigade' on this Forum, who will use just about any article to spew their hysterical hatred of this city.

Which says more about them than about Pattaya.

35 minutes ago, car720 said:

This smacks of a ritual.

Satanism moving in and pushing Buddhists out perhaps?  

Whoever did this is obviously not a true practitioner of the Dhamma

Very first Precept:      

1. Panatipata veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami
I undertake the precept to refrain from destroying living creatures.
     That obviously includes humans... as any REAL Dhamma practitioner would tell you. 

1 hour ago, Bob12345 said:

Exactly.

And that should not be a big surprise in a country with:

- low education standards

- non-existent sex education

- a culture of denying responsibility

- low prospects for many to get a good life

- rules and regulations outlawing abortion

They were fetuses.

Abortion/termination has been legal in Thailand for more than a decade.  Even the 'abortion pill' as accepted as legal in 2014.  Valid reasons for abortion are pretty much the same as in the west.  i.e. health, rape, and socio-economic.  Applicants are counseled first just the same.

You don't even need to have a large amount of cash.  There are clinics run by charities who will perform a termination for around 4,000 baht or free for those who can't afford it.

I think the rules are:  A clinic can do the procedure during the first trimester but after that, up to 28 weeks has to be done in a hospital.

I personally think that 28 weeks is too late, but that's the law.

10 minutes ago, HHTel said:

They were fetuses.

Abortion/termination has been legal in Thailand for more than a decade.  Even the 'abortion pill' as accepted as legal in 2014.  Valid reasons for abortion are pretty much the same as in the west.  i.e. health, rape, and socio-economic.  Applicants are counseled first just the same.

You don't even need to have a large amount of cash.  There are clinics run by charities who will perform a termination for around 4,000 baht or free for those who can't afford it.

I think the rules are:  A clinic can do the procedure during the first trimester but after that, up to 28 weeks has to be done in a hospital.

I personally think that 28 weeks is too late, but that's the law.

"They were fetuses."   

Oh... that's a relief !  I thought they were human.    

My mistake.  

8 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

"very qualified"?? - how prey do you abort an 8 week to 4 month  old baby?

I think that it has clearly been shown and established on the above posts (e.g. post #s 43 & 50) that the ages were the ages of the fetuses and not the age after birth.

2 minutes ago, Catoni said:

"They were fetuses."   

Oh... that's a relief !  I thought they were human.    

My mistake.  

It alters the story somewhat.  This was not murder carried out on babies but the result of illegal abortions.

The debate on when a fetus becomes a child will carry on regardless.

15 hours ago, JOC said:

An illegal abortion clinic is probably a very qualified guess....

The babies, whose bodies had been wrapped in plastic bags, were thought to be aged between 8 weeks and 4 months old.

What is true ?

Were they really dead babies aged between 8 weeks and 4 months? Other reports I've read say they were foetuses at between 8 weeks and 4 months development. There's quite a difference.

Even if one of my cats or dogs die, they get a decent cremation.

1 hour ago, car720 said:

not at that age.

Good point, but I'm guessing it's possible that an illegal abortion clinic run by an unscrupulous operator could well offer services to get rid of small babies after birth.

No evidence of this at this stage but just wondering.

15 hours ago, JOC said:

And this in a country where the "good" Buddhist's refuse to euthanize a suffering animal....

So now we are judging the whole nation...??...

Is not any difference between Thailand and the rest of the world when it comes to abortions as it happens everyday and everywhere 24/365 - its just when it comes in the daylight we bother to react as judging Amy....:coffee1:

http://www.chinaaid.org/2010/04/21-dead-babies-found-floating-in.html

http://www.numberofabortions.com/

Archived