BREAKING: Bodies of 4 babies found dumped in trash in Hua Hin

webfact

For what it's worth I'm told that unwanted juvenile pregnancy is on the rise in Thailand and along with that illegal abortions. Whether that is the case here remains to be seen. The OP tells a ghastly story be any standards.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the babies are between 8 weeks and four months old, they are presumably already born, therrefore an Abortion clinic is not the perpretrator, as they were easily recognised as babies as opposed to foetuses.

Not from the same mother one would assume either. 

A serious conundrum to be sure . 

1 minute ago, Khun Paul said:

If the babies are between 8 weeks and four months old, they are presumably already born, therrefore an Abortion clinic is not the perpretrator, as they were easily recognised as babies as opposed to foetuses.

It has already been established (repeatedly) that these were fetuses.

Did you bother to read any of the replies before commenting?

11 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Thais love morbid photos.  My Thai girlfriend is showing me the uncensored photos this morning on Facebook of the dead babies lying on the ground.  I had no idea what she was going to show me. I am like "Honey please, I don't want to see dead babies right now, thanks." So she is swiping away and says "Look! See? Many photos."

RIP little babies.

Yes, strange how us westerners don't like to face reality. Thais like to tell it how it is, be it those photos or people flattened like a sheet after being run over by a truck. Or cigarette packets showing the claimed gruesome effects of smoking. Yet at the same time they refuse to acknowledge other things that obviously need fixing in this country.

30 minutes ago, Khun Paul said:

Well yes, but my point is that abortion is illegal in Thailand and I suggest the operators of these clinics would mostly be unethical, and there have been many cases in the past where these clinics have been raided / exposed revealing that the owner and staff have very little to zero medical knowledge or experience in this activity. And very little concern for this aspect. 

It therefore seems to me it's possible an illegal unethical clinic operator might go even one step further and offer to get rid of just born / very young babies.

Not nice indeed but surely possible. Just a thought. 

A flame post and answers to it have been removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Well yes, but my point is that abortion is illegal in Thailand and I suggest the operators of these clinics would mostly be unethical, and there have been many cases in the past where these clinics have been raided / exposed revealing that the owner and staff have very little to zero medical knowledge or experience in this activity. And very little concern for this aspect. 

It therefore seems to me it's possible an illegal unethical clinic operator might go even one step further and offer to get rid of just born / very young babies.

Not nice indeed but surely possible. Just a thought. 

Abortion is not illegal in Thailand.  It's been perfectly legal for more than a decade and pretty much matches the rules in the west.  The reasons can be health or socio-economic reasons.  i.e. The girl is too young.  Not financially able to care for a child.  As elsewhere, there are dozens of reasons for a termination.

16 hours ago, JOC said:

An illegal abortion clinic is probably a very qualified guess....

If it was babies between 8 weeks and 4 months old it is not abortions. You normally count someone's age from the date of birth.

If it is unborn babies, then the wording is just wrong in the article.

Nevertheless, and regardless, it is a horrible thing to find in the trash.

RIP little ones!

As I stated and quoted earlier-

Parents, teachers and older relatives should cultivate those attitudes to help prevent risky behaviour, such as drug abuse, premature pregnancy, self-inflicted injury and suicide, he said. “Spending more time with your teens and giving importance to promoting their life skills and constructive activities will boost their self-esteem,” he said.

DUH! Is that not the very definition of parenting? What I do not understand, is why even bother to have children, unless you are absolutely committed to taking great care of them, giving them alot of support, kindness and love, and making sure they have super high self esteem. If you are not capable of that, you are not really a parent. Just someone who feeds and clothes the kids. Say it out loud. I am not really a parent! 

5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Sure do.  

Your thoughts seem just weird to me..May I point out that I am in no way religious but I do wish deceased folk to rest in peace...Perhaps open your eyes regarding folk who do not think down your one way street...

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Your thoughts seem just weird to me..May I point out that I am in no way religious but I do wish deceased folk to rest in peace...Perhaps open your eyes regarding folk who do not think down your one way street...

Bear in mind that I was originally commenting on a poster who was deciding what was an 'appropriate' comment for other posters to make. 

Perhaps you should also open your eyes and allow me my thoughts on the subject as it definitely is not a one-way street and neither did I suggest that it was.  My comment that prompted yours was "only to those with religious leanings" which is one way of a two-way street. 

until more is known about how these babies ended up dead and in the trash, any comment is totally unfounded.
Agree! They could have died from natural causes, not killed to which some have alluded.

Not a nice way to be disposed of, but when you're dead, you're dead. Being thrown in a skip won't concern me.

The real story, if established, will be interesting.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

My guess fetuses b/c 4 babies at different ages would represent a mass killiing of some sort....

A 2 month old baby is NOT a fetus. I am pretty sure at 2 months the umbilical cord is gone. 

But agree it might be evidence of a mass killing. 

I am curious, have there been any reports of infant abductions in the area? 

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Bear in mind that I was originally commenting on a poster who was deciding what was an 'appropriate' comment for other posters to make. 

Perhaps you should also open your eyes and allow me my thoughts on the subject as it definitely is not a one-way street and neither did I suggest that it was.  My comment that prompted yours was "only to those with religious leanings" which is one way of a two-way street. 

I think your post was way out of order bringing your religious stuff into a heartbreaking topic, but if that is your "thing" it has been read by all....:sad:

The questions I have:

1, were there any reports of missing or abducted babies in the area?

2, if dead from natural causes, (disease) are there any pediatric clinics in the immediate vicinity

3, the article stated each baby was in a plastic bag, Were they identicle bags? Perhaps such as used for medical waste?

This is a terrible way to dispose of any former living thing. Hopefully Banmuang will  follow up with a complete story. 

45 minutes ago, HHTel said:

Abortion is not illegal in Thailand.  It's been perfectly legal for more than a decade and pretty much matches the rules in the west.  The reasons can be health or socio-economic reasons.  i.e. The girl is too young.  Not financially able to care for a child.  As elsewhere, there are dozens of reasons for a termination.

OK point taken, but there's also plenty of cases in the past of unauthorized / illegal abortion clinics in Thailand being raided and .....

Archived