UK wants assurances on basic rights for British prisoners in Thailand

webfact

36 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I'd say the Thais could teach the Brits a thing or two about how to incarcerate and rehabilitate.

Yes. For example Thailand has 6 classes of convicted prisoners:

(1)    Excellent

(2)    Very Good

(3)    Good

(4)    Moderate

(5)    Bad

(6)    Very Bad

When a prisoner is convicted he/she will be classified as “Moderate class prisoner.”

http://www.correct.go.th/eng/correcteng/?page_id=175

A subjective system of classification that allows personal bias.

Furthermore, Thailand provides "equal opportunity" for all people in its prison system. As such Thailand includes in its prison population people convicted of political crimes that are in the purest sense violations of human rights and liberties. Usually exacerbated during periods of military control of the government.  Thailand's prison population also includes victims such as asylum seekers (typically to countries other than Thailand), trafficked people and unregistered foreign workers.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Media1 said:

terrible I know a rich Thai that get a  a British pension lol..Work that out

Easy to work out we have a corrupt open border in Britain 

if yoru a foreigner in the UK you get all the benefits and british people get all the bills

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Yes. For example Thailand has 6 classes of convicted prisoners:

(1)    Excellent

(2)    Very Good

(3)    Good

(4)    Moderate

(5)    Bad

(6)    Very Bad

When a prisoner is convicted he/she will be classified as “Moderate class prisoner.”

http://www.correct.go.th/eng/correcteng/?page_id=175

A subjective system of classification that allows personal bias.

Furthermore, Thailand provides "equal opportunity" for all people in its prison system. As such Thailand includes in its prison population people convicted of political crimes that are in the purest sense violations of human rights and liberties. Usually exacerbated during periods of military control of the government.  Thailand's prison population also includes victims such as asylum seekers (typically to countries other than Thailand), trafficked people and unregistered foreign workers.

Is excellent like a crime boss?

8 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

not blah blah blah, just facts, I would guess 99.5% of the incarcerated are guilty as charged, for the 05% that aren't, they were on the fringe or in the wrong place at the wrong time.   It's jail

You can guess all you want. I'm not guessing. Talk to some people who are incarcerated in this country, go visit some. I'm sure they would be grateful and many will tell you different then you think above. And by the way, learn something about the court system and short arm of the law, in this country, while you are at it. There is no justice.

I think he means the Brits are totally clueless about prison management, after all, it is a bit of a joke being incarcerated over there. I'd say the Thais could teach the Brits a thing or two about how to incarcerate and rehabilitate.

I would agree if you had replaced ‘rehabilitate’ with ‘ have an appropriate deterrent’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/15/2018 at 11:53 AM, 300sd said:

You can guess all you want. I'm not guessing. Talk to some people who are incarcerated in this country, go visit some. I'm sure they would be grateful and many will tell you different then you think above. And by the way, learn something about the court system and short arm of the law, in this country, while you are at it. There is no justice.

and there never has been.

Archived