Man shot in leg with spear gun during Pattaya fishing trip

webfact

Man shot in leg with spear gun during Pattaya fishing trip

01.jpg

A Russian tourist was shot in the leg with a spear gun during an ill fated fishing trip in waters off Pattaya.

Caeohob Sazonov, 62, accidentally shot himself in the left leg as he attempted to shoot a fish during a dive on Tuesday.

Pictures shared on social media show the spear firmly planted in Mr Sazonov’s left calf.

Mr Sazonov received first aid at the scene but was then rushed by speed boat to the mainland for further treatment.

Mr Sazonov is now recovering in hospital and is in a stable condition, local media reported.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-14

1 hour ago, Benmart said:

I find no humor in the pain and misery of others. Those that do, may find that they are the object of humor when their turn comes for tragedy.

C'mon Benmart, I think this Russian guy and all of his friends will also have a good laugh.

It was a small accident, not a tragedy.

And spear fishing should not be allowed just for fun.

Had a dive center in the Philippines myself 35 years ago. Divers who arrived with spear guns were told to stay out of my reach or deposit the guns with me. It was mostly the Italians and the French. Taking anything alive out of the water was also not tolerated.

1 hour ago, maximillian said:

C'mon Benmart, I think this Russian guy and all of his friends will also have a good laugh.

It was a small accident, not a tragedy.

And spear fishing should not be allowed just for fun.

Had a dive center in the Philippines myself 35 years ago. Divers who arrived with spear guns were told to stay out of my reach or deposit the guns with me. It was mostly the Italians and the French. Taking anything alive out of the water was also not tolerated.

What?! I did my BSAC training  30 years ago and subsequently dived in Thailand and elsewhere shortly afterwards. Spear guns even then were an absolute no no and thought that was the case worldwide- a kind of code.

4 hours ago, Benmart said:

I find no humor in the pain and misery of others. Those that do, may find that they are the object of humor when their turn comes for tragedy.

Man slip on bananas...people laugh.  Do not be such a moral puritan. Everybody loves the humour of this story. Nobody dies. Nobody really hurt. 99% of comedy is based on mental, physiological  or physical pain..I suggest you read more....if you know how starting with Freud's analysis of humour performed by A Tony Hancock actor. And you....go back to your Mormon or M**l#m sharia ghetto. We can all all laugh at our weaknesses and foibles ...try it some time.

10 hours ago, Benmart said:

???? I will 100% guarantee that when “their” turn comes, others will laugh, regardless of wether they laughed at others first... or not

???? I hit my foot once, ( with a four pronged spear) when a catfish darted between my legs. When I tried to pull it out, all I did was lift my foot up and down with the spear, (apparently it looked like I was vigorously stamping my foot up and down)... very painful... and one of the funniest stories that gets told and retold, at my expense, whenever the mates get together

12 hours ago, Benmart said:

No, you are totally right. This is not funny at all. It´s hillarious! How the **** can somebody be so stupid to shoot himself in the leg with his own spear gun?

On 14/02/2018 at 5:45 AM, bkk6060 said:

I think its kind of funny.

Sorry......

Ouch.

Had to read again before commenting...

On 14/02/2018 at 5:03 AM, webfact said:

accidentally shot himself in the left leg

Maybe not funny but glade he did not hit anybody else.

Do these spear fisher men(/women) actually eat there catches??? 

Archived