Foreigner database to be ready in six months

webfact

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/14/2018 at 4:40 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Wanna bet???

My only question is, can they find enough Windows 98 certified software engineers to help them get their platform off the ground?

Well I was planning a similar post, I was going to be generous and say Windows XP.????

On 2/14/2018 at 6:44 PM, mdmayes said:

Two problems I see with this. 1. To have a system up and running (bug free) in six months is a very tall order. Tall as in Mount Everest tall. 2. This will mean hour upon hour upon hour of line ups at immigration coming into the country. Having to enter your own info at electronic stations. I forcast that it will be one big cluster at the airports.

What on earth are you talking about - hours and hours of queues?  Having to enter your own information into terminals?

Where did you come up with that?

I entered 2 days ago. Still had to fill out a TM6. Still listened to the hard stamp of the inked rubbed coming down in my passport 7 times with 4 different stamps at the Thai entry point immigration booth (USED, entry template, entry date, stay until date). Still looked at the unused fingerprinter scanner. Still takes around 2 - 3 minutes per person.

Still had to fill in a TM30 the following day. Still had to trek down to the immigration office, 70 kms round trip, to do the TM30. Still have to take down around 8 bits of paper to tell them I live at the same address. The papers still take around half an hour to prepare.

I patiently await the database which still won't streamline the process for many years to come.

On 2/15/2018 at 11:04 AM, mrmicbkktxl said:

It's more like from amiga 500 to windows95,if they really to blurred to use a computer maybe iphone can do.Not to difficult to save some names,or go to phanthip and ask some computer freaks to help them

Heyyyy now don’t be hating on Amiga 500s! I owe the fact that I can get stared at by IOS every time I enter Thailand to the fact that my first computer was an Amiga.

Besides. A500 to PC running Win95 is a downgrade, not an upgrade. ????

5 hours ago, Briggsy said:

I entered 2 days ago. Still had to fill out a TM6. Still listened to the hard stamp of the inked rubbed coming down in my passport 7 times with 4 different stamps at the Thai entry point immigration booth (USED, entry template, entry date, stay until date). Still looked at the unused fingerprinter scanner. Still takes around 2 - 3 minutes per person.

Still had to fill in a TM30 the following day. Still had to trek down to the immigration office, 70 kms round trip, to do the TM30. Still have to take down around 8 bits of paper to tell them I live at the same address. The papers still take around half an hour to prepare.

I patiently await the database which still won't streamline the process for many years to come.

And to top off the cake, all the information they fed into the system doesn't seem to be used for anything. The entire exercise to satisfy ancient laws from the 50's is just about as boneheaded as it gets. 

A single decent software developer would sort a simple system out in couple of months. Thais need a couple of centuries.

Archived