BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

udonlucky

Art/Painting and Drawing

I noticed a photography and art section here with no art. Because the days can be a bit slow here in Isan I took up oil painting about four  years ago and found it's a great way to fill in time. Hopefully I can kick start something here by posting some paintings and encourage others to do likewise. The first is outside the Chinese cultural centre in Udon, the second a supposedly haunted house in Ko Chang and lastly a coconut vendor in Nakhon Nowhere. Cheers!

IMG_2159.JPG

IMG_1572.JPG

IMG_2040.JPG

What are the dimensions of these paintings. 

Looks professional !

Any more to display ?

nice paintings and a great hobby.

reminiscent of some of steve kilbey's work

Canvas and watercolour paper are very cheap to buy in Thailand and I like to use either at no bigger than 60cm so they can fit in the post or on a plane. Thanks halfaboy, I've done about 60 to date. Cheers samsensam, Steve Kilbey was also an excellent muso and I didn't know he painted before you mentioned it. Here is a portrait I just finished..

IMG_4066.JPG

There may be some interest amongst members on this forum. The formats are oke (60 cm) and will fit in most of the condo's. Show something, include a price indication and who knows....

I've never tried oils. These are nice. I did acrylics for a couple of years, then took a year off. I've just started on watercolour. Watercolour is very popular among Thai and there are some excellent artists here.

Here are some of my acrylics:

challenge paintingholiday paintings

nakorn pathom final

storm over ricefield

A few more...1: 'Blue Heart Sunset' , a sunset on Ko Chang. 2: 'The Carabao Express', a tuk-tuk in Issan. 3: 'Naturally' , another oil on w/colour paper. 4: 'Donald loves Hillary and Hillary loves Donald', nice if they could get along and set an example to us all....

IMG_1186.JPG

IMG_3017.JPG

IMG_2857.JPG

IMG_3975.JPG

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:45 PM, DavisH said:

I've never tried oils. These are nice. I did acrylics for a couple of years, then took a year off. I've just started on watercolour. Watercolour is very popular among Thai and there are some excellent artists here.

Here are some of my acrylics:

challenge paintingholiday paintings

nakorn pathom final

storm over ricefield

Thank you for sharing, nice work

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:15 AM, udonlucky said:

Canvas and watercolour paper are very cheap to buy in Thailand and I like to use either at no bigger than 60cm so they can fit in the post or on a plane. Thanks halfaboy, I've done about 60 to date. Cheers samsensam, Steve Kilbey was also an excellent muso and I didn't know he painted before you mentioned it. Here is a portrait I just finished..

IMG_4066.JPG

Nice portrait, thank you for sharing your art

On 19/02/2018 at 3:03 AM, udonlucky said:

A few more...1: 'Blue Heart Sunset' , a sunset on Ko Chang. 2: 'The Carabao Express', a tuk-tuk in Issan. 3: 'Naturally' , another oil on w/colour paper. 4: 'Donald loves Hillary and Hillary loves Donald', nice if they could get along and set an example to us all....

IMG_1186.JPG

IMG_3017.JPG

I really do like this one, is it for sale ? Oh and did you have models or painted from memory ?

IMG_2857.JPG

IMG_3975.JPG

Had some enquires about previous posts here. Don't think I can advertise them so pm if you are interested. Cheers!   1: 'A Temple'. 2: 'Waiting on a train'. 3: 'So Donald, same style as mine then?'

IMG_2545.JPG

IMG_2735.JPG

IMG_4034.JPG