Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

udonlucky

Art/Painting and Drawing

Recommended Posts

 I noticed a photography and art section here with no art. Because the days can be a bit slow here in Isan I took up oil painting about four  years ago and found it's a great way to fill in time. Hopefully I can kick start something here by posting some paintings and encourage others to do likewise. The first is outside the Chinese cultural centre in Udon, the second a supposedly haunted house in Ko Chang and lastly a coconut vendor in Nakhon Nowhere. Cheers!

IMG_2159.JPG

IMG_1572.JPG

IMG_2040.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the dimensions of these paintings. 

 

Looks professional !

 

Any more to display ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

nice paintings and a great hobby.

 

reminiscent of some of steve kilbey's work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canvas and watercolour paper are very cheap to buy in Thailand and I like to use either at no bigger than 60cm so they can fit in the post or on a plane. Thanks halfaboy, I've done about 60 to date. Cheers samsensam, Steve Kilbey was also an excellent muso and I didn't know he painted before you mentioned it. Here is a portrait I just finished..

IMG_4066.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There may be some interest amongst members on this forum. The formats are oke (60 cm) and will fit in most of the condo's. Show something, include a price indication and who knows....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never tried oils. These are nice. I did acrylics for a couple of years, then took a year off. I've just started on watercolour. Watercolour is very popular among Thai and there are some excellent artists here.

Here are some of my acrylics:

challenge paintingholiday paintings

nakorn pathom final

storm over ricefield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few more...1: 'Blue Heart Sunset' , a sunset on Ko Chang. 2: 'The Carabao Express', a tuk-tuk in Issan. 3: 'Naturally' , another oil on w/colour paper. 4: 'Donald loves Hillary and Hillary loves Donald', nice if they could get along and set an example to us all....

IMG_1186.JPG

IMG_3017.JPG

IMG_2857.JPG

IMG_3975.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:45 PM, DavisH said:

I've never tried oils. These are nice. I did acrylics for a couple of years, then took a year off. I've just started on watercolour. Watercolour is very popular among Thai and there are some excellent artists here.

Here are some of my acrylics:

challenge paintingholiday paintings

nakorn pathom final

storm over ricefield

Thank you for sharing, nice work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:15 AM, udonlucky said:

Canvas and watercolour paper are very cheap to buy in Thailand and I like to use either at no bigger than 60cm so they can fit in the post or on a plane. Thanks halfaboy, I've done about 60 to date. Cheers samsensam, Steve Kilbey was also an excellent muso and I didn't know he painted before you mentioned it. Here is a portrait I just finished..

IMG_4066.JPG

Nice portrait, thank you for sharing your art

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2018 at 3:03 AM, udonlucky said:

A few more...1: 'Blue Heart Sunset' , a sunset on Ko Chang. 2: 'The Carabao Express', a tuk-tuk in Issan. 3: 'Naturally' , another oil on w/colour paper. 4: 'Donald loves Hillary and Hillary loves Donald', nice if they could get along and set an example to us all....

IMG_1186.JPG

IMG_3017.JPG

 

 

I really do like this one, is it for sale ? Oh and did you have models or painted from memory ?

IMG_2857.JPG

IMG_3975.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had some enquires about previous posts here. Don't think I can advertise them so pm if you are interested. Cheers!   1: 'A Temple'. 2: 'Waiting on a train'. 3: 'So Donald, same style as mine then?'

IMG_2545.JPG

IMG_2735.JPG

IMG_4034.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...