Pattaya bar fight: Key witness says Australian man beaten to death over “misunderstanding”

webfact

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked it days ago. The story did not add up.

The girls avoid known trouble makers.

But you can often in a bar see a big guy lifting a girl or giving a bear hug etc... Espically when he is familiar with the girl.

Im betting it's Captai n Americas first trip here and alcohol has very much clouded his judgement. 

He should know these girls dont need saving as they can more than defend themselves. If the girl was in trouble all the bargirls would have attacked him with bottles etc..

He deserves to spend years in jail just for being stupid alone.

Regardless whether this was a misunderstanding or not, nothing justifies what this predator did. Even if the Aussie guy was being aggressive towards the bar girl, nothing can justify stomping on his head like the Yank did. And, if it is true the Yank has murdered before as the article claims, it just further substantiates this guy is a violent predator. He should never see the light of freedom the rest of his life.

Dig a little deeper into this American's past and I bet there is a long history of violence and victims that has yet to surface. We already know the previous "manslaughter" and now this potential attack causing death. There is more relating to this guy for sure.

11 hours ago, marinediscoking said:

Happened on a Friday and took the police until Tuesday to get witness statements from the staff. That is disgraceful. 

That's Pattaya police's express service.  Usually it takes a week of negotiations before the service lumbers into action.

14 hours ago, Sid Bream said:

If both men were drunk, which is what is alleged, then there are mitigating circumstances already.

Really? Sorry officer I was drunk. Only meant to stomp on his head once. Really officer I didn't mean to kill him, I was drunk. I thought I was helping a girl. Do you think this is a defence for what he did?

Voluntary intoxication being the mitigating circumstance you are saying does not justify or excuse an offence.

He has now killed two people and should be locked up for a long time. 

I would take these witness statements with a grain of salt. Many people were drunk and there are lots of conflicting reports already. First that it was a group attack. Then that it was one guy who stomped on the Aussie over and over with chairs being thrown. Then the attack was over in 20 seconds. Then a Darth Vader choke. Now the choke was just a little playing around. 

Not all of these can be true obviously. 

Let’s see what the video says. 

Let's leave the MMA stuff out!  What isn't in MMA, if the story is true so far, stumping on the head when the opponent is down!

A guy with a history, short temper so short you don't have patience to at least open your mouth and ask if done a life might have been spared.

What missing is where are the so-call friends who were reported taking photos?  If I was his friend, which would never happen I just don't hang with loose nuts, a friend steps in and try to help instead of incite? 

All these guys should do some time too,  they all left huddle as to what to do and came back with a story thinking the Thai police are stupid ( no too far off ) not to figure it out. If reports are even close?  It was self defense?  he threw one punch and he fell back hit his head?  Now it is threw him across the room and top it off with a number of punches!

He must be related to the guy who had sex with a girl on the balcony and she just fell over?  First story he was in the bathroom, ran away, gather himself etc etc.. 

I always thought you come to Thailand to have fun not <deleted> yourself over!  This is the Land of Smile, not the Land of Stupidity!

16 hours ago, RareDingo said:

I'm never sure about internet news, or any news anymore.  News outlets sometimes just trying to sell news, any news, to make a buck.  However, IF and I say IF this man has been charged with murder before (so young 42 to be out of jail), how they hell did he ever get a passport and how the hell did the Thai customs authorities ever let this piece of work into their country.  They are only asking for trouble, which they got, or more, some poor bastard on holiday's messing around with a Thai bar lady.  The mind boggles.  I hope the truth comes out, and those posting picks on social media are just as complicit in this crazy act as the boofhead who clearly has an anger management issue.  JMHO

This appears to be a link to the case in question. Or the appeal at least. Age matches up for sure.

https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/1138505/state-v-polanco/

Definitely the one that they are relying on to claim he has been in trouble before.

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

The report on Monday said this: "A regular in the Ruby Club who didn't want to be named told Thaivisa that Robb often acted in an aggressive manner and was known by some to be a trouble maker".

How does that correlate with your claim of his only being here for a few hours?

What about the initial report whereas some bar staff said the Aussie was a, "known troublemaker",,, ??

12 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

But Sid Bream had a point I think. When I first read the story I did wonder if the killer had an MMA / cage fighting background or had at least trained. When cage fighters get into street fights they are known to keep going until their opponent is completely unconscious, and maybe even carry on some more.

A mate of mine told me he felt sick after seeing a fight in a club back home in Essex when the victor just kept driving his fists into the face of the loser even though he was clearly out cold. It turned out that was a cage fighter.

You make it sound like cage fighters have PTSD. The only reason someone beats another person to a pulp is because they have mental problems. Cage fighting might be a brutal fighting sport, but I'd like to think that most who fight do so with honour and respect for the rules and their opponents. (you may notice after many fights they shake hands and say well done) Isn't that what it's all supposed to be about? 

If he were a cage fighter, that would just make it worse. Because he really should know better. 

4 minutes ago, Adeeos said:

What about the initial report whereas some bar staff said the Aussie was a, "known troublemaker",,, ??

Part of the misinformation campaign organised by the friends of the murderer ?

9News in Australia mentioned they received strong pressure to change the (true) story they published.

I'm never sure about internet news, or any news anymore.  News outlets sometimes just trying to sell news, any news, to make a buck.  However, IF and I say IF this man has been charged with murder before (so young 42 to be out of jail), how they hell did he ever get a passport and how the hell did the Thai customs authorities ever let this piece of work into their country.  They are only asking for trouble, which they got, or more, some poor bastard on holiday's messing around with a Thai bar lady.  The mind boggles.  I hope the truth comes out, and those posting picks on social media are just as complicit in this crazy act as the boofhead who clearly has an anger management issue.  JMHO

As far as I understand when you have served your time in jail (for whatever reason) you're a free person. That means you are free to apply for a passport and go wherever you want. The ex murderer murdered again in Thailand but may have done the same anywhere else in the world.

19 minutes ago, Adeeos said:

My suspicion is that it was at the encouragement of the accused or friends of the accused to lessen the culpability of the accused since he was just protecting an innocent 3rd party.  i.e. understate the excessive use of force, and blacken the reputation of the victim.

Would love to know if a blood test was taken on the American to see what substances were in his system at the time.

Absolutely sicking to hear that a person can beat another human and then continue to kick him in the head, this is the act of a wild animal, and wild animals belong in a cage or should be put down so that this doesn't happen again, noting that this wild animal has killed before when it was younger and was released only to take the life of an Aussie larrikin, FMD, hope he does life in a Thai prison.

I also reckon the deceased was no threat to him, so he pounced on him and kept him down and kicking him, because he probably couldn't fight if he got up, useless piece of sh%t

25 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

You make it sound like cage fighters have PTSD. The only reason someone beats another person to a pulp is because they have mental problems. Cage fighting might be a brutal fighting sport, but I'd like to think that most who fight do so with honour and respect for the rules and their opponents. (you may notice after many fights they shake hands and say well done) Isn't that what it's all supposed to be about? 

If he were a cage fighter, that would just make it worse. Because he really should know better. 

I use to know a person that was a cage fighter and outside of the ring he was a very calm and nice person.. easy to get along with, hard to anger.  He competed in cage matches because it was really only a challenge to test his martial arts training.  I highly doubt he would have every got him into a situation like this.   

Thailand is a popular destination for what I would best describe as a steroid vacation since it is easier to acquire and train with performance enhancing drugs.  I am wondering if the over reaction may not have been related to the over use of performance enhancing drugs (i.e. steroid rage).

6 minutes ago, Italian guy said:

As far as I understand when you have served your time in jail (for whatever reason) you're a free person. That means you are free to apply for a passport and go wherever you want. The ex murderer murdered again in Thailand but may have done the same anywhere else in the world.

Yes thats right, most countries you can get a passport after you have done your time etc, and most countries dont check criminal history for a short tourist visit. People asking how did he get a passport, how did he get into Thailand when you can legally do both.

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes thats right, most countries you can get a passport after you have done your time etc, and most countries dont check criminal history for a short tourist visit. People asking how did he get a passport, how did he get into Thailand when you can legally do both.

The US is about the only country I know that extends some punishment after the full term of the sentence has been served (prison + probation) [i.e. the loss of voting rights].  Most other countries once you have fully served your sentence you are in the eyes of society fully rehabilitated.  The only reason a passport is typically denied is if a judge has issued an order (pending court case, warrant for your arrest), probation that has movement restrictions, and if you owe the government money (borrowed money - emergency funds from an embassy), or owe significant child support payments (which again falls back to the government).

Archived