A new form of medical certificates to be introduced March 1 for driving license applications

webfact

15 hours ago, webfact said:

applicants for a driving license will be required to produce a new form of medical certificate from qualified doctor certifying that he/she is free from five diseases namely elephantiasis, tuberculosis, alcoholism, leprosy and drugs addiction.

I should have thought that at least two of them would be obvious to all but a blind man. And I doubt too many drunk drivers are disease-ridden; simply p__sed.

15 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

A very big +

More like 25000 increasing.

3500 would be a good number.

3500 is the number killed every 7 weeks They would be happy with 3500 a year. Be lots of medals given out and backslapping then  Oh and not forget the reward for a job well done

On 2/15/2018 at 5:15 AM, webfact said:

lcoholism, leprosy and drugs addiction.

On top of that, Land Transport Department director-general Sanit Promwong said applicants for a driving license must fill in his/her medical record, record of accidents and surgeries and treatment in hospitals.

the height of idiocy; how does one prove they, or their paid stooge doctor, prove they are not alcoholic or druggy;

it is like proving i am not an astronaut;

proving the negative;

place is run by 10-year-olds

12 hours ago, YetAnother said:

the height of idiocy; how does one prove they, or their paid stooge doctor, prove they are not alcoholic or druggy;

it is like proving i am not an astronaut;

proving the negative;

place is run by 10-year-olds

well 10 year olds ride motorbikes so why not run a country?

On 2/16/2018 at 4:44 PM, RickFarang said:

Unbelievable! People with elephantiasis, tuberculosis, and leprosy will no longer be permitted to obtain driving licenses?  That would impose additional difficulties for those afflicted in return for any benefit to society?

And what be Thai drivers biggest worry when going for Medical?Brain dead i suppose

Elephantiasis and leprosy, because two of the main causes of accidents are swollen ankles getting stuck between the pedals, and fingerless drivers fumbling with the gear shift.

They do seem to have removed stage three syphilis from the list, which is required on other medical certificates here - not sure this is such a good idea as it often causes blindness, leading to some erratic driving. 

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

Elephantiasis and leprosy, because two of the main causes of accidents are swollen ankles getting stuck between the pedals, and fingerless drivers fumbling with the gear shift.

They do seem to have removed stage three syphilis from the list, which is required on other medical certificates here - not sure this is such a good idea as it often causes blindness, leading to some erratic driving. 

Whereas if the incident causing the syphilis, if contracted whilst driving, could be described as erotic driving.

I wonder what gear they were in at the time - bondage might have prevented full control of the car.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived