Prachuap Khiri Khan: Young mother kills own baby out of rage

webfact

Young mother kills own baby out of rage

By Thai PBS

mother.jpg

A young mother was arrested by police in Kabin Buri district of Prachuap Khiri Khan on charges of assault causing death to her baby boy, domestic violence and drug abuse after she beat her own child to death.

The 19-year old accused admitted to the Kabin Buri district police that she hit the head of her two-year old boy with her bare hand after he cried endlessly. However, the baby grabbed her hair, driving her into rage and she hit her twice on the head until he stopped crying.

She then went out to work and left the baby with her boyfriend. Hours afterward, she received a call from her boyfriend who said the baby was dead of suffocation because something get stuck in his throat.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/young-mother-kills-baby-rage/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-02-15

11 minutes ago, poohy said:

Sad !

However Kabin buri is nowhere near Phracuap, ?

There is a kabin Buri South east of Bangkok...... many know well, but over the years I have found that there are so many towns in Thailand with similar names and located in different Provinces......... Some 'repeats' are big towns and some are villages, but in different parts of Thailand..............

1 hour ago, kcpattaya said:

Very dubious whether the infant died because of the blows to the head - OR the boyfriend (probably high on drugs) killed the baby hours later...

Try reading the story in the link, which clearly states 'But an autopsy report from the hospital showed that the baby died of blood clot in the brain, apparently, resulting from his head being strongly struck'.

Yesterday, outside my local 7/11, a guy pulled-up on his motorcycle, having just come from a busy road with constant traffic.  Not only was he not wearing a helmet, he was only using one hand to control the bike.  Under the other arm, he was carrying a kid not more than 18 months old, at the same time, he was trying to keep his mobile to his ear and was yapping-away ten to the dozen.  When he stopped, he almost fell-off his bike, dropped his phone, and gave the kid a look that I can only describe as something you would see on the face of somebody about to commit murder.

When he saw me watching him, he quickly picked-up his phone and walked into the 7/11, carrying the kid under his arm as though it was just a parcel.

I suspect there is far more child abuse by parents than is reported.

And the powers-to-be want to increase the birth rate!

Another child having children.

Perhaps mandating the use of IUD’s until the girls are 22 might be an option. It seems that most of this abuse is happening when girls are children too and are unprepared for the rigors of motherhood. Just saying no is not a reasonable nor effective option.

Archived