proof of income form

I am off to get my proof of income form from the USA embassy today. I heard from a friend that it is possible to use any notary public, (Thai approved), on this form. Can anyone on the forum advise me if this is possible before my next visit to the Embassy? I think Thailand is much less expensive than USA cosul for notary service.

Funny this question came up as just recently at our local coffee and tea "problem" solving get together this very question came up for discussion. The person that started it asked the same thing about a Thai notary stamping the document. And as Joe said I said the same thing. The person got indignant and said show me where that is the rule or law? I said why not make a trip over to the local Immigration office and ask if you don't believe me and of course that was poo pooed as a dumb idea.

So Joe, I ask you. As most of us know Immigration will only accept a letter from the person's Embassy with the Embassy raised seal and signature of an official but is this actually written in the Thai Police order or law or whatever? And where is it? To prove to some doubting Thomases

27 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

So Joe, I ask you. As most of us know Immigration will only accept a letter from the person's Embassy with the Embassy raised seal and signature of an official but is this actually written in the Thai Police order or law or whatever? And where is it? To prove to some doubting Thomases

I am sure it is written in a ministerial order somewhere from years ago. It is not specifically mentioned in the police orders for extensions.

This from the directive done by immigration concerning the validity period proof of income documents from embassies should be enough to convince somebody it is a written requirement.

image.png.b51b5a76e0e570b6a0ea9a80e34080bd.png

Source: Immigration directive for income letters.pdf