36 year old UK man, considering life's options. How difficult is it to find a genuine Thai woman? Are the woman on these marriage/introduction sites actaully legit?

ExistentialInquiry

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:02 PM, ExistentialInquiry said:

The plan I've actually settled on:

1. Moving to Hong Kong to do PT.

2. En route to HK, going on holiday to Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand. Will see my Thai friend and play it by ear.

3. Thailand is an easy flight away from HK.

4. Put any hasty thoughts of worrying about marriage etc. on backburner. If there is a special woman out there for me, great... No hurry.

5. Also going to do a TEFL qualification as a backup, so if all else fails, I'll just bum around SE Asia teaching English and have a good time. Sure beats 9-5 in a crappy paper pushing job here in UK.

When you going? :-) I am currently in BK , getting married, then off to HK in April, which is my office base, but I live in Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Thaicupid is best. There are some good women on there and easy to confirm when you meet them. I met my GF there, country girl, no tats, smoking, drinking, piercings...anywhere. The clincher for me was my Thai friends who are women. I live in Chiang Mai, frequent a couple of local bars, not in the 'girlbar area'. Made platonic friends with several waitresses, including the managers (former bargirls). I took the GF there and made sure the gals got to know her a bit. I went back later without her and they were all in agreement that I had found a good woman. I'm thinking it's very hard to fool a former bargirl so I feel pretty good about things.

Archived