stop feeding street dogs

opalred

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

So not wanting dogs starved to death makes on a dog lover?

The dogs don't bother me

Dogs don't bother me, I have a dog, but he never bothers other people, he is under our control all the time as indeed all should be. So are you saying that Thailand doesn't have a dog problem, are you saying there are not too many dogs causing problems on the streets. BTW they are rhetorical questions, I do know the answer.

But you saying "dogs don't bother me" is quite a selfish remark as dogs do bother other people including children.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

Dogs don't bother me, I have a dog, but he never bothers other people, he is under our control all the time as indeed all should be. So are you saying that Thailand doesn't have a dog problem, are you saying there are not too many dogs causing problems on the streets. BTW they are rhetorical questions, I do know the answer.

But you saying "dogs don't bother me" is quite a selfish remark as dogs do bother other people including children.

I've been here a good while and but for a few times, have not seen dogs bothering people.

In the US, they round up strays and kill them, is that better?

A long list of thing that concern me more than stray dog.

How come no one complains about the stray birds? would much rather have stray dogs than birds, at least the dogs just sh*t on the ground.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

In the US, they round up strays and kill them, is that better?

Yes 100%   round them up and give the "not" owners a chance to come and claim them  pay some fines and get a stern talking to about responsible ownership...if no owner or new owner wants to adopt it then it should be humanely put to sleep...not left to roam around causing mayhem and disease.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

The problem is caused by humans and then exacerbated.....by humans.

I don't like the fact that some locals feed the legions of cats here but at least their hearts are in the right place. The cold view would be don't feed them, let them hunt for themselves (keep the rats in check & WHY) and food levels will adjust their numbers as nature intended. Unfortunately us humans have already messed up natures ways so it's only us to blame. Add to that a skewed view, I for example, do have this cold view to cats but not to dogs, "awwwww da pwiddy leeedle puppy", which is grossly unfair of course and unhelpful.

Some people take it on themselves to help and neuter these animals in a small effort to genuinely help. I have just donated to one such person in order to continue/increase their efforts, I don't have the heart to do it myself but am happy to encourage those who do.

Come on OP, it's not the animals fault but there are ways we can all help the situation.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, johng said:

Yes 100%   round them up and give the "not" owners a chance to come and claim them  pay some fines and get a stern talking to about responsible ownership...if no owner or new owner wants to adopt it then it should be humanely put to sleep...not left to roam around causing mayhem and disease.

Your outrage is understandable.   The real problem is breading.   Those who sell animals should offer chipping and sterilization with the price of the animal.  That is where a healthy, functioning government could do some good. 

But look at Thailand, seriously.  Look at all the crap that just gets tossed into the water.  Was on a klong boat last year.  Saw this beautiful woman setting down and eating next to the klong.  She gently, and, with great poise, floats a plastic bag towards the klong.  Vile yet elegant the gentle float klong-word should have been set to an operatic aria.  

Taiwan no longer puts down pets, which is in of itself amazing.  There was once, and, might still be, a serious problem, but at least they are engaged with the issues. 

• Like 2