BANGKOK 21 March 2019 05:02

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

opalred

stop feeding street dogs

the wife and i ride a bike every morning now for years 

you can see now the street dogs have breed   like rats

the local people take out food every day to them and they keep on breeding

one area we go through  you have to go slow and weave through them

a temple nearby  would have to be 25dogs hanging around 

why don't the govt have a program to stop it

the worst of it is when they shit every where. it dries and the cars run over it 

the wind blows and puts it into the air 

now you know why you get a sore throat

bring in some vietnamese workers and the issue shall solve

The government can't keep tabs on their ministers, so don't be holding out any hope on the street dog issue. They have as much right (if not more) to be here than you or I.

Why stop feeding them?  Let them starve to death?

Seems rather cruel. :sad:

21 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

Why stop feeding them?  Let them starve to death?

Seems rather cruel. :sad:

Maybe the OP should start feeding them, and he might make a few new friends with wagging tails!

"I'm going to move to an exotic country and then bitch and moan that their culture doesn't abide by my personal opinions on things. " 

Maybe the OP should ride his bike back to his home country.  

6 minutes ago, action said:

"I'm going to move to an exotic country and then bitch and moan that their culture doesn't abide by my personal opinions on things. " 

Maybe the OP should ride his bike back to his home country.  

Didnt he also mention previously problems in Malaysia as well....maybe trouble follows him wherever he goes?

My ex-wife use to befriend stray cats and dogs in Thailand and then take them to a vet to get fixed.  It did not cost that much. 

The current government could not organize a sock drawer.  If you had a beach chair problem, they would have it sorted in no time. 

1 hour ago, ghworker2010 said:

Go back to the nanny state where you were born OP. TIT. Stop whinging. Its not the dogs fault. 

Exactly. The dogs aren't to blame for some humans dumping them on the street and being left to breed unchecked and to forage for themselves. Suggesting that they all be starved to death as a solution is the same sort of inhuman thinking that created the problem in the first place.

miles.jpg.5a502b34a4f2c59bd24ba29ab36a3a72.jpg

11 minutes ago, ross163103 said:

Not this issue AGAIN, I thought we went round and round about this a few months back.

If you've come to TV looking for original and innovative thinking, you're bound to be disappointed. Here at the hub of whining/whingeing we tend to go for beating of dead horses (and starving helpless dogs).

3 hours ago, geronimo said:

The government can't keep tabs on their ministers, so don't be holding out any hope on the street dog issue.

To be fair, in western countries much of the work done for the rescue and care of abandoned animals is left to private organizations dependent on donations and maybe a little government funding.

1 hour ago, norrska said:

Didnt he also mention previously problems in Malaysia as well....maybe trouble follows him wherever he goes?

That's the problem, everywhere he goes he takes him with him.

16 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Exactly. The dogs aren't to blame for some humans dumping them on the street and being left to breed unchecked and to forage for themselves.

No they are not but it does not change the fact they are the scourge of Thailand ( won't help the woman from Surin that died from rabies after being infected by one, after feeding them)

As a dog lover i am the first to admit that Thailand needs a nationwide cull to be instigated and all owners made to pay for a licence to stop the infestation getting back to epidemic proportions (maybe a bit over the top and impossible to implement)

Alternatively a government scheme to  have all females spayed free of charge