stop feeding street dogs

opalred

2 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Exactly. The dogs aren't to blame for some humans dumping them on the street and being left to breed unchecked and to forage for themselves. Suggesting that they all be starved to death as a solution is the same sort of inhuman thinking that created the problem in the first place.

miles.jpg.5a502b34a4f2c59bd24ba29ab36a3a72.jpg

Nah, The government should Exterminate All Soi dogs,,,,Soi dogs Don't have a Owner Untill one Hits one with a car or motorbike ,,,Then Everyone Owns That Mut,,,,And Has to Pay.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, johng said:

Yeah I'm alright Jack !!   what about the thousands of people who are kept awake,bitten,chased off , crashed their vehicles and kids going blind  from the dog shit in their playgrounds ? + rabies !

Suggest you find find a large sterile bubble to live in

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

sterile bubble to live in

Aww thats not so easy to find...couldn't I come and live outside your place if I promise to keep waking you up at all hours, leave nice smelly surprises for you to step on and  bite you occasionally.. naturally I've had all my vaccinations so you shouldn't catch anything..if you feed me I'll even produce some offspring for you to exterminate !

Just now, johng said:

Aww thats not so easy to find...couldn't I come and live outside your place if I promise to keep waking you up at all hours, leave nice smelly surprises for you to step on and  bite you occasionally.. naturally I've had all my vaccinations so you shouldn't catch anything..if you feed me I'll even produce some offspring for you to exterminate !

All sounds good but for one thing.....I’d have to get you neutered

• Haha 2

I wish more people feed them and take care of them, so more grumpy old people who just don't know how to manage anything in a life keep complaining.

By the way, thank you, your post reminded me to send some money to hope for stray dog

https://www.facebook.com/HopeforStraysThailand/

http://hopeforstrays.org/dog-rescue-donations/

Edited by gamesgplayemail

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Dogs don't bother me, I have a dog, but he never bothers other people, he is under our control all the time as indeed all should be. So are you saying that Thailand doesn't have a dog problem, are you saying there are not too many dogs causing problems on the streets. BTW they are rhetorical questions, I do know the answer.

But you saying "dogs don't bother me" is quite a selfish remark as dogs do bother other people including children.

Dogs only bother children raised by ridiculous parents who know nothing and have been taught by their own ridiculous who also knew nothing.

My kids exactly know how to manage any street dogs since they are 5 years old.

15 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

know how to manage any street dogs

I've heard that you have to bite them on the ear..then they'll know who's boss..?

A bit strange that you would allow your 5 year old kids to fend for themselves around rabid packs of feral dogs...would seem a bit dangerous to me.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

Your post doesn't make sense, however dogs should not bother children or anybody else for that matter. Not every parent has any interest in dogs and why should they. We are talking about dogs that have been abandened or born on the street, nobody has any interest in them because they are a nuisence. Only 'dog lovers' like yourself cannot comprehend the danger these flea bitten cretins can cause to themselves and humans. Please do mistake my use of the word 'dog lovers' with responsable 'dog owners', it would appear to be a dog lover one must have a full or partial lobotamy. Soi dogs are a menace, surely this shouldn't be even up for debate!

Soi dogs are generally (in my experience) very ingratiating - in the hope of food.

'Owned' dogs are more likely to cause minor problems (chasing 'bikes etc.) - again in my experience.

But then again, the aggressive 'farangs' are likely to attract a similar result from any species!:laugh:

• Thanks 1

Wait until someone gets bitten by one of these ferrule muts and contracts Rabies. As if statistics are to believed 80% of have it. I have had to avoid many agressive street dogs. Especially at early evening or night time when they form into their packs and energetic.  The are left to fight among themselves and some will experience painful deaths.  

I saw one street dog last week with half of its mouth hanging off, presumably from a regular territorial fight. Probably now dead in a ditch from infection. Many of these dogs have these battle scars. 

How is this being compassionate? ?

I’ve been here a while and never met anyone infected with rabies. So assuming you are correct, and 80% of the dogs have rabies, they can’t be biting too many people.

Hmmm, walking around with battle scars or being rounded up and killed by the more compassionate, that’s a tough choice.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

Wait until someone gets bitten by one of these ferrule muts and contracts Rabies. As if statistics are to believed 80% of have it. I have had to avoid many agressive street dogs. Especially at early evening or night time when they form into their packs and energetic.  The are left to fight among themselves and some will experience painful deaths.  

Where on earth does this notion come from that 80% of dogs in Thailand are infected by rabies?

Given that the incubation period of rabies is around 3 to 9 weeks, and that the disease is nearly always fatal, how come the dog population in this country has not, long since collapsed?

• Like 2

Feeding them is stroking the feeders ego....do they go and pickup the product that comes out the other end ?
Do they take responsibility when it causes an accident ? Do they take responsibility when it bites someone ?
If they feed it why don't they take it to their own home and take total responsibility for it ?

I think it safe to say you don’t give money to beggars....
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it safe to say you don’t give money to beggars....

No I dont make a habit of doing that.
I offered to buy them some food but strangely they only wanted money
Thats after saying they wanted money to buy food !...anyone here in Thailand who needs food can go and ask for it at any temple...they have more than they know what to do with.

Last Wednesday the Govt did a sweep of our neighborhood and the dog population was thinned out dramatically.  It was a welcomed event for many as my wife heard the talk in the market. It was launched due to a Rabbi Virus concern and that it is being spread by Soi Dogs who have had zero care. I have read news where this is becoming more common now as it should.  Make sure your dog or dogs  have  their tags and all their shots are current. 

Soi Dogs are problem in most areas in Thailand. Feeding them will keep them near your home and this can create numerous problems. They will move on to other areas if the food source dries up.  

• Like 1

No I dont make a habit of doing that.
I offered to buy them some food but strangely they only wanted money
Thats after saying they wanted money to buy food !...anyone here in Thailand who needs food can go and ask for it at any temple...they have more than they know what to do with.

So you offered to feed them...I guess builds up your ego, but if you really want to help, why not take them home and try to rehabilitate them? I guess that would be too inconvenient.

When I see kids begging I buy them an ice cream if there’s a 7-11 around.
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mogandave said:

So you offered to feed them...I guess builds up your ego, but if you really want to help, why not take them home and try to rehabilitate them? I guess that would be too inconvenient.

When I see kids begging I buy them an ice cream if there’s a 7-11 around.

Why don't you give them a soi dog and kill two birds with one stone so to speak? See how I got you back on topic.

The beger was sitting right outside of 7-11 specified money for food...I asked what food he wanted but he replied he wanted money...in other words he wasnt hungry he wanted money for something else...I told him to go to the temple if he was hungry...silence I walked away.
Kids begging are mostly run by criminal gangs who take most of the money same with the kids selling flowers...dont encourage it.

The beger was sitting right outside of 7-11 specified money for food...I asked what food he wanted but he replied he wanted money...in other words he wasnt hungry he wanted money for something else...I told him to go to the temple if he was hungry...silence I walked away.
Kids begging are mostly run by criminal gangs who take most of the money same with the kids selling flowers...dont encourage it.

That’s why I give them ice cream, they can’t do anything with it but eat it.

You speak Thai or the beggars speak English?

Too funny