High quality masks needed for pollution

rooster59

2 hours ago, markaoffy said:

As if Thais would choose to do something that’s not selfish or protecting the environment

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

My neighbour extended his house very close to ours, we can hear them speak/eat and so on so i put a tree in a big pot inbetween us.

During our holiday that tree blew over, our neighbour climbed over the fence and put it straight again plus put my floortiles against the pot so it wouldn't happen again.

My wife said he's a good neighbour, i said he was scared the tree would die so we have see him eating every day. But it's good for the environment haha.

A Thai will only do something when he gets better from it.

On 17/02/2018 at 1:59 PM, JAG said:

The rozzer who stopped me the other day to check my licence and so on was wearing what appeared to be the facepiece from a ghostbusters outfit strapped to his physog...

Is this the dude .. And is she booking him for failing to read a license plate wearing it .? ?

IMG_20180218_215411.jpg

Yes, the "car" thing in Bangkok is ridiculous, the buses spew dirty exhaust and the "motorbike disease" this city and Thailand generally suffers from is just plain craziness.

I'm a devoted cyclist in Bangkok who rarely uses internal combustion vehicles of any type for my transportation and I wear a mask at all times when riding. It appears that pedestrians and cyclists should upgrade to the recommended mask and be on a high floor of a building (if that helps) if they want to maintain their health.

Can anyone imagine getting Bangkok residents in any substantial number to use bicycles for even short commutes, not to mention wearing the recommended facemask, even if they (or anyone) actually could afford them?

• 10 months later...

Let's face it, public transport is terrible. Dare I suggest:

1) Nice new buses with rigorously enforced bus lanes - automatic number plate recognition fines with cars seized, crushed and scrapped for non payment 

2) A sky high congestion charge for taking your car into the city, again enforced with number plate recognition 

3) Skytrains that are the full length of the platforms and more of them

Archived