Nanny in three year old physical abuse case claims child self harmed

Jonathan Fairfield

Nanny in three year old physical abuse case claims child self harmed

s5.jpg

Image: Sanook

A nanny paid 6,000 baht a month to look after a three year old child has told police that she did not harm the child - she blamed the toddler for self harm.

Three year old Ormsin was found with scratches, cuts and bits of metal in the stomach.

The child was snatched from a hospital in Singburi after being taken there suffering from the wounds.

The child was found at the home of Rattikan who is a friend of Latphon, 25.

The mother and father of the child left Ormsin with Latphon - a brother - to look after but he was not capable or willing and as their mother had paralysis he paid Rattikan 6,000 baht to take over.

Rattikan has claimed that when Ormsin gets agitated the child self harms. She described the behavior as strange and said she had told doctors all about it. 

Police in Singburi are investigating the case to get to the truth of the matter after the father of the child registered a complaint. 

Source: https://news.sanook.com/5373670/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-17

"The police called the uncle - a 3-year-old nurse with a full blown wound. Metal in the belly After the relatives took the doctor. Nanny Nanny father Have children behave strangely. Pull Me - Scratch Yourself"

Sanook is hiring native English speakers, unless it is really the story of the Century.

Thailand's jails are full to bursting with people in for frankly trivial things. However this wretched excuse for a person should be given the most filthy corner of the most squalid cell for this. I can't fathom how people can stoop to such levels of scumbaggery as this, it's just dreadful beyond words

12 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

the child self harms. She described the behavior as strange

The parents can't / don't want to take care of their own child so they pass it on to the brother who in turn can't / doesn't want to take care of it and passes it on yet again to a third party. Let's be honest about it, but for 6,000/month I doubt the woman was qualified or genuinely interested in taking care of the infant!

Is it any wonder the child's behaviour is strange?!?!? 

It sickens me to see them passing children around. 

Life is dirt cheap here. Sad. 

19 hours ago, z42 said:

Thailand's jails are full to bursting with people in for frankly trivial things. However this wretched excuse for a person should be given the most filthy corner of the most squalid cell for this. I can't fathom how people can stoop to such levels of scumbaggery as this, it's just dreadful beyond words

Or maybe wait to see if the child doesnt show self-harming behavior?

You are a bit quick with your conclusions.

It can happen, especially with kids with a mental disorder.

55 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Yes let them investigate it.. I would hate to be accused of something I did not.. or have someone who did something horrible get away with it. A good investigation is needed, i am not sure that that is easy (no expert here)

1 hour ago, YetAnother said:

someone should collect and publish a listing of the ridiculous thai excuses we hear, seemingly ,on a daily basis

Have you ever worked with children with mental illnesses?

My guess is you haven't.

But don't let that come in your way of drawing conclusions prematurely.

3 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

I'd put a bet on it the kid Never self-harmed sounds like a loada shit if you ask me mate ..................:passifier:

9 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Have you ever worked with children with mental illnesses?

My guess is you haven't.

But don't let that come in your way of drawing conclusions prematurely.

I have worked with children who have special needs and learning difficulties.

Never seen a 3 year old self harm.

Of course it must have been self- harming!

After all, Thais love their children and are real good family - people...as indicated by the fact, that the toddler was passed on from the parents to another family-member to a hired nanny...for THB 6.000!

:coffee1:

13 minutes ago, ScotBkk said:

Lets wait and see who's right mate .................:passifier:

The outcome does not matter, just as me predicting correctly who will win the World Cup soccer next time does not make me a prophet.

The point is to first hear both sides of the story and let fact finding tell which side is most accurate. Based on that sentencing should follow.

Most likely your prediction will be correct as it is much more likely that the nanny abused the child than the child showing self-harming tendencies. A simple statistical analysis would show that without even knowing any background of the story. But that doesn't mean that everyone who has a child with bruises should be in jail.

If you let every person in the world flip a coin with the goal to get "tails" as many times in a row, there is a good chance someone will manage to get tails 32 times in a row. That doesn't make him the "best coin flipper" in the world, it just makes him lucky.

8 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

The outcome does not matter, just as me predicting correctly who will win the World Cup soccer next time does not make me a prophet.

The point is to first hear both sides of the story and let fact finding tell which side is most accurate. Based on that sentencing should follow.

Most likely your prediction will be correct as it is much more likely that the nanny abused the child than the child showing self-harming tendencies. A simple statistical analysis would show that without even knowing any background of the story. But that doesn't mean that everyone who has a child with bruises should be in jail.

If you let every person in the world flip a coin with the goal to get "tails" as many times in a row, there is a good chance someone will manage to get tails 32 times in a row. That doesn't make him the "best coin flipper" in the world, it just makes him lucky.

Funny, you should say that. Yesterday we flipped the coin to see who buys the drinks. Needless to say, I called Heads and won lol ..................

A quick scan of articles indicates that while very unusual it is not unknown for toddlers that young to self harm.
Yes, investigation is in order. Even if the nanny is in the clear a self harming toddler needs care beyond the scope of the average 6,000 baht nanny, I expect.
I hope something can be done to help this baby.

Archived