Who Are We.

TizMe

Whether we are expats, frequent visitors, occasional visitors or just some one interested in Thailand.

The reason that most of us use this forum is for the sharing of information, some of it useful, some of it necessary, some of it trivial, some of it bullshit.

Regardless, we are a community of like minded souls that enjoy the interaction with other people with similar interests.

We may not all agree all the time, but generally most of us are fairly amicable and usually abide by the forum rules.

Some of us are occassionally wrapped over the knuckles by the admins, and a few of our ex-members have been permanently side-lined.

We all know however that it is fairly easy for the ex-communicated to pick up a new member name, choose a new avitar and then continue where they left off.

Likewise Trolls seem to come and go.

One in particular seems to be hanging around too long this time.

Of course most would be able to guess that I'm talking about Polo.

Polo, why are you here. You have nothing constructive to add to the forum. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that is sick of listening to your uninformed, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar and hateful posts.

Although the admins can't block or ban you for being uninformed they sure can and maybe should ban you for the other 5 reasons.

In summary, and at the risk of incurring the wrath of an admin myself, Polo, piss off, nobody wants you here.

TizMe.

Of course most would be able to guess that I'm talking about Polo.

Who's Polo?

What bothers me more that this posting doesn't add anything to the community but only accuses other board members of which I honestly have never heard off...

Dutchy

Dutchy, you are indeed fortunate to have missed him. Polo thinks that every Farang that comes to Thailand must be a sex tourist and deserves to catch AIDs.

Here's a few quotes of his:

Personally i think most of the people that visit this site and Thailand are sex tourists
If Papa owned 2 hotels in Pattaya, he would be so disgusted by the antics of Farangs in that city, he would shoot the first farang that went near his daughter.

An obvious Troll. Probably a fat sex tourist in Pattaya.

Typical sex tourist, i hope that Thailand has a crackdown on people like you! Exposure, deportation, public humiliation, International Television exposure, so your friends and family know exactly what you are.......................
Listen mate, people like you should contract AIDS and Die fast, to save other exploited girls the shame of having to lay with yet another sex tourist, you are a sick person.
It is usually a reference to a bar fine, there are some particular individuals that are only in Thailand to sexually exploit financially vunerable people,,,,,,,,,,,Personally i would like to see Thaksin have a war on sex tourists, get rid of the scum that fly thousands of miles to exploit people.............i would certainly support that war, Kill thousands of them, who would care?

More of his crap.

Another pathetic thread that keeps all you you experts busy congratulating each other cos you can exploit financially vunerable people.......................

you really are a sick , sad lot. I think mass deportation is the answer to many problems in Thailand.

If i was Thaksin, i would order the arrest of every sex tourist, yet you guys talk about girls like they are some kind of toy, take a good long look at yourselves, i am ashamed to be a farang when i see threads like this, no wonder Thai people think we are such a bunch of ######s, you make me sick!

Amid and Mods will be engaging in our monthly meeting tonight, Tiz your issue will surely be raised. Whilst you must have the bitter to be able to appreciate the sweet, bitter can sometimes be too much.

Stay tuned one and all...

at your monthly meeting could you look into the possibility of using an "ignore" function in the chat room. I have seen this function in other chats.

polo=ducktwit=erco=son of erco= one other crawl back into your hole, you are boring and sound like a broken record. :o

TizMe, you started an interesting question but than switched the threat to a fellow-member, who calls himself Polo. Now this in itself is not wrong, but, I say, we all should help Polo to overcome his problems, teach him how to post an avatar that does not look like a green martian vomiting into a wastepaper basket.

And than, please be tolerant, people in here do need your and my help. Polo, go on posting, one day you will find a hit. :o

Yeah mandl, its a great idea. Trolls would simply vanish once noone was reading their threads.

This is something that I really don't understand. Mostly, I have no interest in any topic that mentions polo=ducktwit=erco=son of erco, so I don't bother with them, however, from where I am sitting, they seem to be the most popular threads for many other members.

Maybe Thaivisa should be giving these guys a share of the profits! :o

from where I am sitting, they seem to be the most popular threads for many other members.

its called the tabloid effect.

in the uk and i'm sure in the us as well, there are tabloid newspapers that are filled with airhead gossip,sweeping generalisations,low humour and mindless irrelevancies with little or no serious content,informed analysis or uplifting subtleties. they appeal mainly to the low browed,long armed amongst us but are read by everybody.

these trash sheets outsell the more informative newspapers by 3 or more to 1.

thats not to say that they are not readable, but they are more suited for reading while "sinking the bismark" after breakfast rather than in the boardroom.

people will always be drawn to the easy,the mindless, the silly,the unchallenging in life. its human nature. newspaper owners and bar-room loudsters know that and use it for their benefit.

Dutchy, you are indeed fortunate to have missed him. Polo thinks that every Farang that comes to Thailand must be a sex tourist and deserves to catch AIDs.

Here's a few quotes of his:

Personally i think most of the people that visit this site and Thailand are sex tourists
If Papa owned 2 hotels in Pattaya, he would be so disgusted by the antics of Farangs in that city, he would shoot the first farang that went near his daughter.

An obvious Troll. Probably a fat sex tourist in Pattaya.

Typical sex tourist, i hope that Thailand has a crackdown on people like you! Exposure, deportation, public humiliation, International Television exposure, so your friends and family know exactly what you are.......................
Listen mate, people like you should contract AIDS and Die fast, to save other exploited girls the shame of having to lay with yet another sex tourist, you are a sick person.
It is usually a reference to a bar fine, there are some particular individuals that are only in Thailand to sexually exploit financially vunerable people,,,,,,,,,,,Personally i would like to see Thaksin have a war on sex tourists, get rid of the scum that fly thousands of miles to exploit people.............i would certainly support that war, Kill thousands of them, who would care?

We need Polo ( and his other alter ego's ) on Thaivisa like we need a hole in the head.

Mandle just pointed out that there is an ignore function in the chat, it's just a matter of right clicking on the name you want to ignore.

One last small suggestion, is probably a bit more detail on the functions, a lot of functions there us chatters have found by trial and error. New users we educate when we regulars are there but maybe an advice board or similar.

The smiley function also should have the smiley beside the code.

This post is probably in the wrong section but post has been slightly hijacked, I was just following up on my previous post in this thead.

regards