Police chief put on inactive duty in fallout from "obscene" tattoo contest in Rayong mall

webfact

1 hour ago, amdy2206 said:

Before long the inactive police will outnumber the active ones! But you never hear of an inactive member of the police being prosecuted or sacked. Do they just stay inactive until they retire?

Or someone wakes them up!

9 hours ago, LennyW said:

Nothing more than an exhibition of art, i can surely think of many other things that police are much more in the need to be moved to inactive positions!!

Sometimes, I think, that many police are already in inactive positions. :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

"conservative Thailand"

Oh bore off. Can't wait for this ridiculous faux outrage at *everything* that's currently prevalent across Thai society to subside. It's like an "I can be more staid than you" competition.

Definitely some "trees" that need pruning though.

sections of thai society are very conservative (for example, within parts of the thai chinese community)and other areas more, erm, broad minded (e.g. parts of the less educated lower class sections of society happy for their offspring to be involved in the sex industry) . it is not possible generalise about cultural outlook of the population as a whole.

10 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

sambum, don't be 'Confused' they (the police) all too often don't do much anytime! = 'inactive'.

Sorry, I was confused by the fact that you only thought that there were many police already in inactive positions! 

He should have continued his roadside duties collecting 200 baht notes  from passing trafficants for «traffic offences» so that he could entertain his mianoi instead. Because thats so much more accepted in than allowing some tattooers arranging a competition.

Amazing Thailand!

4 hours ago, samsensam said:

sections of thai society are very conservative (for example, within parts of the thai chinese community)and other areas more, erm, broad minded (e.g. parts of the less educated lower class sections of society happy for their offspring to be involved in the sex industry) . it is not possible generalise about cultural outlook of the population as a whole.

For sure there are, but there's a whole middle ground, where I suspect most people *really* sit, where one neither has to 'virtue signal' nor 'be cool with their kids being hookers'. I'd like to see the media reporting a little more from the perspective of that group, though I suspect that's unlikely to happen right now... perhaps in a couple of years.

19 hours ago, LennyW said:

Nothing more than an exhibition of art, i can surely think of many other things that police are much more in the need to be moved to inactive positions!!

..just a few bumps and dips on the canvas..oh well 30 days will give him time to catch up on all his paper-work.

Inactive positions must surely have a waiting list now.

21 hours ago, LennyW said:

Just think of the moral outrage these people would experience in any museum in Europe.  I am thinking the old masters biblical nudes would put them in a frenzy!

Archived