Chinese tourists warned - stop trashing "beautiful" Thailand

webfact

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, z42 said:

And the Thais are bastions of cleanliness and conservation now I forgot.

Just look at any bit of vacant land, it'll be covered in Thailand's national flower, the plastic bag. Get a grip you morons and lead by example ?

Exactly... Are they trashing the place without a Work Visa? Leave the locals jobs alone :) 

I like that first pic at the beginning of this article and her back wearing a red T shirt of what appears to be a Chinese woman walking among dead coral and rocks, Trying to find the most minuscule life form still alive to eat!

God help Thailand as soon there will be nothing left! Oh but lets punish Falangs for smoking on a beach  and who most respect nature. Thailand is running out of options to attract good tourists being sarcastic, such as the Chinese who eat anything that moves!

2 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Yeah, they should have put some thought into it before trying to get the lowest-of-lowest chinese to thailand to milk them of the little they have.

Now the tourism numbers are higher than ever, but the price thailand pays will be huge for future generation.

You have, of course, read the stats that say the Chinese spend more on a daily basis than the Westerners?  They just don't stay as long on average, given it's a 2 hour flight to the south of China.

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

You have, of course, read the stats that say the Chinese spend more on a daily basis than the Westerners?  They just don't stay as long on average, given it's a 2 hour flight to the south of China.

That's strange, all the local business owners tell me that the Chinese spend almost nothing, unlike the Westerners. I don't know where this torrent of Chinese money is going, but it certainly isn't into the hands of normal Thais.

6 hours ago, z42 said:

Just look at any bit of vacant land, it'll be covered in Thailand's national flower, the plastic bag. Get a grip you morons and lead by example ?

Have you never heard the saying 'do as I say not as I do'!!!

the Thai population were trashing their Beautiful Country a long time before the hoards of Chinese ( or most other ) Tourists descended upon the Country

As the 4 Pics above show, the Chinese must have taken a long time out from their Holiday time to find all that building rubble Etc and dump it.

u know ko lipe is a national park right?  its only a matter of time before they start developing ko adang.  fyi most westerners dont go to lipe any more. its just been too overrun. so sad. nice area.  i heard that thai fisherman have caught all the fishi in the ocean around their to make dog food

34 minutes ago, impulse said:

CORRECT:

THAILAND ExpenditurePerDay(2016).gif

26 minutes ago, nkg said:

That's strange, all the local business owners tell me that the Chinese spend almost nothing, unlike the Westerners. I don't know where this torrent of Chinese money is going, but it certainly isn't into the hands of normal Thais.

My thai friend has an Expensive restaurant, and it´s normally 70% chinese every night paying good money for drinks and food there. Many chinese have money enough :-)

The Chinese are forced to spend more because they are not free to wander and go where they want and do what they want because the cheap tours are still going on.

They are constantly driven by the bus load from one purpose built rip off attraction / shopping experience to another and then lined up like animals at a trough to eat in designated eateries 3 times a day.

Just take a look all along the Railway bypass road in Patts at all the venues as described above.

Thats where the Chinese spend is going

8 minutes ago, Ivanovitch said:

My thai friend has an Expensive restaurant, and it´s normally 70% chinese every night paying good money for drinks and food there. Many chinese have money enough :-)

These days when I stay in hotels in Thailand and everywhere else in S.E.A there are a lot of young Chinese families staying there as well.  In general they are polite and well behaved and they all speak good English.  On the other hand I have also witnessed the Chinese tour groups behaving without any consideration for anyone else, spitting and urinating in the street.

China is, like many countries, full of contradictions.  

2 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

The Chinese are forced to spend more because they are not free to wander and go where they want and do what they want because the cheap tours are still going on.

They are constantly driven by the bus load from one purpose built rip off attraction / shopping experience to another and then lined up like animals at a trough to eat in designated eateries 3 times a day.

Just take a look all along the Railway bypass road in Patts at all the venues as described above.

Thats where the Chinese spend is going

I fly to China 4-5 times a year, and the amount of stuff they have bought and are trying to get onto the plane is staggering.  They spend it, just not at the same places western tourists do. 

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

I fly to China 4-5 times a year, and the amount of stuff they have bought and are trying to get onto the plane is staggering.  They spend it, just not at the same places western tourists do. 

Yes I have spent a lot of time in China over the years and they are prolific consumers.

11 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

These days when I stay in hotels in Thailand and everywhere else in S.E.A there are a lot of young Chinese families staying there as well.  In general they are polite and well behaved and they all speak good English.  On the other hand I have also witnessed the Chinese tour groups behaving without any consideration for anyone else, spitting and urinating in the street.

China is, like many countries, full of contradictions.  

I'm typing this from China, and I can promise that the urbanites are just as disgusted with the behavior of some of their "countryside" countrymen.  And just like a lot of groups, we only notice the ones that behave badly and the majority escape our attention. 

My favorite resort in Jomtien has gone from mostly eastern Europeans to mostly Chinese, and both groups have been a delight to interact with.  But it's a family resort with the prices from 2,000 baht and up.  Some way up.  So they don't get the cheapest of the cheap from any group, and there's no debauchery because of so many kids.  I get the sense that some of the fathers would pound anyone who put their kids at risk...

7 hours ago, z42 said:

Or  like the Thais visiting America  who walked all over the soft crusted geyser, hoo hah a  while back, they make you laugh don't  they!

KARMA! the Thai's asked for this by making it very easy for any Chinese to come here, the tourist agencies did not give a dam about anything but money! no policy letters put out, no chinese speaking thai's to tell the chinese how to behave and last of all the thai's just sitting around and watching this happen, washing their feet in face basins, taking a crap where ever they want to, the thai's wanted the tourist dollar, and they got pennies!

Well, maybe with all this newfound wealth from the hordes of Chinese tourist the authorities could address the road network situation on Koh Lippe. At least one road would be nice. Not asking too much is it!

1 hour ago, nkg said:

Have your survey participants made any changes to their product or service offerings in line with the changing demographic of their customers?  Or are they doing exactly the same thing that (arguably) worked on a very different group of tourists they served in the past. 

Adapt or die.

8 minutes ago, yopf said:

Well, maybe with all this newfound wealth from the hordes of Chinese tourist the authorities could address the road network situation on Koh Lippe. At least one road would be nice. Not asking too much is it!

Best way to kill a paradise?  Make it easy to get to, and to get around.

Archived