Chinese tourists warned - stop trashing "beautiful" Thailand

webfact

41 minutes ago, LaoPo said:

CORRECT:

THAILAND ExpenditurePerDay(2016).gif

I wonder if this data come from the same organisation that were calling for a stop to the zero dollar tourists from China.

Not sure that the info given is correct, I'm assuming that all countries is the mean average of all the regions, if it is, then it is wrong.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, impulse said:

Best way to kill a paradise?  Make it easy to get to, and to get around.

Hahaha I actually agree with you there Impulse. I quite like it the way it is!!

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

Have your survey participants made any changes to their product or service offerings in line with the changing demographic of their customers?  Or are they doing exactly the same thing that (arguably) worked on a very different group of tourists they served in the past. 

Adapt or die.

True enough.  But I think you also have to take into account that many of the hotels and restaurants that the Chinese tour groups stay/eat in are Chinese owned and I am sure that the Chinese traders also know exactly what the Chinese tourists want to buy.  Much of the money spent will stay in Thailand but in the hands of select few.

10 minutes ago, impulse said:

Best way to kill a paradise?  Make it easy to get to, and to get around.

It was paradise in the end '70's and I know since I was there when it was still a paradise...and even then it was not so easy to go and travel to Thailand since it was expensive and long traveling hours.

It was "us" telling enthusiastic about LOS and recommended Thailand to our friends and family next to the increasing wealth and possibilities for Farang to fly and come to Thailand and further to the increasing income of Asians, making it possible for them to travel abroad also.

Buckle up because it's only the beginning of another tsunami of Asian tourists; after all, it's THEIR back yard, not ours.

4 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

True enough.  But I think you also have to take into account that many of the hotels and restaurants that the Chinese tour groups stay/eat in are Chinese owned and I am sure that the Chinese traders also know exactly what the Chinese tourists want to buy.  Much of the money spent will stay in Thailand but in the hands of select few.

Only partly true; I know of large Chinese travel agencies who send their own people to check upon hotels and restaurants, never mind who the owners are.

You have no proof that all these owners are Chinese or Chinese/Thai owned and probably just hear-say.

Most have no idea where and how Chinese tourists spend their money and maybe many. haven't even been in expensive restaurants lately or you will see that many of the guests are Chinese well-to-do travelers, paying mostly with Alipay...with their mobiles; no cash involved; the cashier just scans the mobile and...PAID.

I see many Chinese guests in the more upscale restaurants in Pattaya, Pratumnak and Jomtien every day and Farang are in the minority.

And these restaurants are NOT Chinese owned.

5 minutes ago, LaoPo said:

It was paradise in the end '70's and I know since I was there when it was still a paradise...and even then it was not so easy to go and travel to Thailand since it was expensive and long traveling hours.

It was "us" telling enthusiastic about LOS and recommend it to our friends and family next to the increasing wealth and possibilities to fly and come to Thailand and further to the increasing income of Asians, making it possible for them to travel abroad also.

Buckle up because it's only the beginning of another tsunami of Asian tourists; after all, it's THEIR back yard, not ours.

For us unsuspecting Euro-farangs these locations are still classified as Paradise. Our beauty havens are all long gone. Monaco and the French Riviera, Interlaken and the Bernese Oberland, the Cities of Barcelona, London, Paris are all completely overrun and no-go zones. Its not just about Asian tourist, and your day of mass tourism will definitely come. But in the meantime enjoy your paradises - Winter is coming!!

Well it is away a good strategy to divert attention away from one self..... (When you are the biggest problem your self)

P.s
Come onnnnnn.....
These People ( chinese ) poo on the floor and on the  street...... What did you expect ????

Don't get me wrong. I love Thailand and it's people and I try to stay away from tourists wherever possible, as I don't want to be tarred with the same brush as some of the more DRUNKEN IDIOTS that used to go to Benidorm and now go to Thailand and behave like a brit/ whatever tourist abroad

However it;s sad that you can  go to some of the most beautiful, out of the way places Thailand where you feel like  you are the one of the few people to have ever visited and its ruined by plastic bottles, drink cans and waste. Its such a shame.But part of my heart will always be in Thailand and i'll always be back and you just have to accept it and do nothing to add to the problem and take your rubbish home with you. It's not just the Chinese, though I have seen them just empty their rubbish bags in the street. Its all races, including the Thais, 

12 minutes ago, LaoPo said:

True, but there are still nice beaches in Thailand where I've been the only soul in sight for hours.   

I'm not saying where...

Yes Yes, always the others!!!!!!!!!

But the Thais by themselves are responsible for all of it as they not care: just the money making machine is what they want and not care about their country!!!!!!!!!!!

So thats the result of Thai missmanagement as anything else in thailand!

Not the tourists, not the foreigners! IT is just YOU!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, BEngBKK said:

Well it is away a good strategy to divert attention away from one self..... (When you are the biggest problem your self)

P.s
Come onnnnnn.....
These People ( chinese ) poo on the floor and on the  street...... What did you expect ????

What a nonsense to generalize millions of Chinese tourists about the bad behavior by some of them.

Or are we condemning and generalizing our own countrymen also if some bad American apple murders another Ozzie farang or uses drugs or steal money from other country  farang in hotels?

Come on, be real.

8 minutes ago, yopf said:

For us unsuspecting Euro-farangs these locations are still classified as Paradise. Our beauty havens are all long gone. Monaco and the French Riviera, Interlaken and the Bernese Oberland, the Cities of Barcelona, London, Paris are all completely overrun and no-go zones. Its not just about Asian tourist, and your day of mass tourism will definitely come. But in the meantime enjoy your paradises - Winter is coming!!

I DO know the paradise places in Thailand and Asia and Europe's as well); just went to Bali for a whole month....

BALI a paradise? NO, Bali is paradise lost with the most polluted streets, ditches and villages I've ever seen in my life and getting worse every day. There's totally no respect for the environment by the Balinese and Indonesians.

The streets are totally blocked by traffic and that was in December when there were hundreds of thousands of tourists less than normal due to the Gunung Agung "eruption" problems.

It was tragic to see the hundreds of shops...all empty and no buyers; restaurants empty, except the more expensive ones.

One day we drove 110kms on one day and spent more than 6 (!) hours in the car, due to traffic problems.

Bali is a nightmare....Thailand is still way better off.

2 minutes ago, LaoPo said:

I DO know the paradise places in Thailand and Asia and Europe's as well); just went to Bali for a whole month....

BALI a paradise? NO, Bali is paradise lost with the most polluted streets, ditches and villages I've ever seen in my life and getting worse every day. There's totally no respect for the environment by the Balinese and Indonesians.

The streets are totally blocked by traffic and that was in December when there were hundreds of thousands of tourists less than normal due to the Gunung Agung "eruption" problems.

It was tragic to see the hundreds of shops...all empty and no buyers; restaurants empty, except the more expensive ones.

One day we drove 110kms on one day and spent more than 6 (!) hours in the car, due to traffic problems.

My point entirely !!

9 minutes ago, LaoPo said:

Only partly true; I know of large Chinese travel agencies who send their own people to check upon hotels and restaurants, never mind who the owners are.

You have no proof that all these owners are Chinese or Chinese/Thai owned and probably just hear-say.

Most have no idea where and how Chinese tourists spend their money and maybe many. haven't even been in expensive restaurants lately or you will see that many of the guests are Chinese well-to-do travelers, paying mostly with Alipay...with their mobiles; no cash involved; the cashier just scans the mobile and...PAID.

I see many Chinese guests in the more upscale restaurants in Pattaya, Pratumnak and Jomtien every day and Farang are in the minority.

And these restaurants are NOT Chinese owned.

If I may quote you from my earlier post

"These days when I stay in hotels in Thailand and everywhere else in S.E.A there are a lot of young Chinese families staying there as well.  In general they are polite and well behaved and they all speak good English.  On the other hand I have also witnessed the Chinese tour groups behaving without any consideration for anyone else, spitting and urinating in the street.

China is, like many countries, full of contradictions."

You wrote

"You have no proof that all these owners are Chinese or Chinese/Thai owned and probably just hear-say."

I didn't say that all are Chinese owned.  I said many if you read my post.

I lived for many years in Thailand in both Bangkok and Chiang Mai (over fourteen years in Chiang Mai). When I refer to Chinese owned I am talking about second generation or even third generation Chinese, most were born and raised in Thailand.  As for just hear-say....well I am not Chinese but have spent twenty five years dealing there and in S.E.A and I know a great deal of them personally. 

2 minutes ago, LaoPo said:

Such a shame. I was there in the 60's when all Kuta had was a couple of carts selling soft drinks on the beach, it was truly a paradise then.

12 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Such a shame. I was there in the 60's when all Kuta had was a couple of carts selling soft drinks on the beach, it was truly a paradise then.

I went to Luang Brabang in Laos in the late 70's and it was magical.  Only saw one other foreigner there and we spent an evening sitting by the river in near silence, just taking it all in.  Been back a couple of times since but now far too many tourists.  Best to keep the memories rather than trying to recapture the moment.

2 hours ago, impulse said:

You have, of course, read the stats that say the Chinese spend more on a daily basis than the Westerners?  They just don't stay as long on average, given it's a 2 hour flight to the south of China.

I do not believe that. Any monies left by the Chinese rarely goes to anyone but Chinese business controlled by zero $$ tours consortiums. Ask any vendor in pattaya/ jomtein, who've been starving since the Russian ruble crashed. 

2 hours ago, impulse said:

How many Thai companies and Thai communities near coastal Thailand dump raw sewage and chemical pollutants directly into the rivers, streams, and canals that eventually run into the sea and onto those 'pristine', beautiful Thai beaches?

"Bad Chinese! Bad tourist!" 
First take the bamboo stake out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the dust speck from your tourist guest's eye. 
"Bad farangs."

57 minutes ago, LaoPo said:

Who told you to go to Bali? There are far more better places in Indonesia, p.e. Lake Toba in Sumatra. Went there serveral times, clean, beautiful, nice people, good food, few tourists. One of the best places in whole SE, far better then Thailand.

1 hour ago, LaoPo said:

What a nonsense to generalize millions of Chinese tourists about the bad behavior by some of them.

Or are we condemning and generalizing our own countrymen also if some bad American apple murders another Ozzie farang or uses drugs or steal money from other country  farang in hotels?

Come on, be real.

1.5 billion Chinese can't be Wong. (Mildly derogatory)

5 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Yeah, they should have put some thought into it before trying to get the lowest-of-lowest chinese to thailand to milk them of the little they have.

Now the tourism numbers are higher than ever, but the price thailand pays will be huge for future generation.

Do you know anyone who cares in the land of Bathism?

Archived