Chinese tourists warned - stop trashing "beautiful" Thailand

webfact

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's strange. You see those discarded spirit houses all over Thailand. Sometimes there will be lots of them all thrown away at the same spot. Most I ever counted was 31 in one place. No Thai I asked could explain why they were thrown away in the first place ( didn't provide winning lottery number ) or why in that particular spot.

But if you were thinking of ' spiriting ' one away to decorate your garden.....Woe unto you. A big no no. Ok to throw them on the side of the road but you will get an awful hex on you if you try to recycle one in your garden rockery.

5 hours ago, Ivanovitch said:

My thai friend has an Expensive restaurant, and it´s normally 70% chinese every night paying good money for drinks and food there. Many chinese have money enough :-)

Correct you are. They are also the biggest spenders in Australia as well.

4 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Indeed. They live in filth and squalor themselves.

Pot, meet kettle.

Earlier this evening, I took the MiL to see some close relatives a few miles away from our village home. I could see that she was disgusted and embarrassed at the state of the house, and its’immediate environs. Rubbish everywhere, dirty bedding and towels lying on the floor, school clothes on the floor, and the outside of the house is more like an unlicensed fly-tipping spot. They do not work, have plenty of time on their hands, no excuses.

I fear the powers have decided to sacrifice Pattaya, to try and save the rest of the country.....as they cannot ,nor do they want to stop this invasion..this is a war of sorts, and now Thailand is just trying and contain the collateral damage ...good bye old friend...

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

To MOK.

Don't know why you found it funny. The Dolphin died from stress due to being held so long so idiots could photograph themselves with it.

laughing at the red heels dude..

22 minutes ago, overherebc said:

To MOK.

Don't know why you found it funny. The Dolphin died from stress due to being held so long so idiots could photograph themselves with it.

at the very end of the clip the woman in the bathing suit gave the porpose mouth to mouth ..and yada yada yada

First, agree with many of the posters regarding Thailand wanting "quality" tourists and ending up with c**p instead.  Their choice or of those who made the decision to allow them in, without a visa.  Losing money that way.  Second, after being here since 1996, but for last coupple of years only during Canadian winters, with the changes taking place in the political and social scenes, e.g cannot play darts in Pattaya, even though there is no actual law against it, cannot play bridge due to it no longer being allowed, etc., my next flight out is my last as I wish Thailand farewell, bon voyage, etc.  I am curious about one thing, though.  As I am not Thai (and who in their right western mind would want to be), do I need a Work Permit if I dispose of something in a public garbage bucket because I am helping to keep the country clean?  Just asking.

7 hours ago, Ivanovitch said:

Thais, chinese, farang ... They all do their best to turn Thailand into a rubbish pile. :stoner:

Im sorry but this is the kind of post I would expect from an apologist , its not true.The average western tourist or expat (Farang if you like ) tends to appreciate the environment and abhors the tons of litter seen all over Thailand. The Thais themselves are by some degree the worst offenders and by way of ignorance ( they simply haven't had much overseas exposure until recently ) and sheer numbers , the Chinese will present a big problem as well.

There may well be certain littering Farangs but a comparison with Western tourist spots shows who the major culprits are.

4 hours ago, MrY said:

1.5 billion Chinese can't be Wong. (Mildly derogatory)

Can't you read ?..no you can't, since I wrote:

"What a nonsense to generalize millions of Chinese tourists  :laugh: 

knowing around 9-10 million Chinese tourists visited Thailand in 2017. (Mildly derogatory..or not?) :laugh:

5 hours ago, AloisAmrein said:

Who told you to go to Bali? There are far more better places in Indonesia, p.e. Lake Toba in Sumatra. Went there serveral times, clean, beautiful, nice people, good food, few tourists. One of the best places in whole SE, far better then Thailand.

Nobody did. I made a mistake ging to Indonesia myself due to circumstances, traveling for a long period of many months and since it was December and not easy to find proper accommodation, including in Thailand.

But: one always learn something new, and I did :laugh:

16 minutes ago, Donotdisturb said:

That. Also the Chinese!!! All that crap. Made in China. Thai people.  Not sokaprok. Thai people. Sa'aaasaat. Take shower 2x a day. Loei!

Beautiful Thailand. Heaven for (quality) tourists. Every place in Europe is much cleaner.  But now they want to clean up, cigarette buts banned on beaches (for tourists only). That brings more money because of the heavy penalties (for farangs only). And all the plastic rubbish at beaches and in the rivers of course does not disturb because of Thai origin. Ridiculous.

8 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

First, agree with many of the posters regarding Thailand wanting "quality" tourists and ending up with c**p instead.  Their choice or of those who made the decision to allow them in, without a visa.  Losing money that way.  Second, after being here since 1996, but for last coupple of years only during Canadian winters, with the changes taking place in the political and social scenes, e.g cannot play darts in Pattaya, even though there is no actual law against it, cannot play bridge due to it no longer being allowed, etc., my next flight out is my last as I wish Thailand farewell, bon voyage, etc.  I am curious about one thing, though.  As I am not Thai (and who in their right western mind would want to be), do I need a Work Permit if I dispose of something in a public garbage bucket because I am helping to keep the country clean?  Just asking.

I am in the same boat. 10 years here and I have seen a lot of changes. I have started to travel into South America and Mexico!

Went on a boat Ranong so-called Captain was eat at the helm, and of course in true Thai style, threw his plastic & polystyrene containers into the sea.I never come across such dirty people, with so little regard for their environment. Before pointing the fingers at others, get Thais to sort out their own backyard first!

2 minutes ago, the guest said:

Went on a boat Ranong so-called Captain was eat at the helm, and of course in true Thai style, threw his plastic & polystyrene containers into the sea.I never come across such dirty people, with so little regard for their environment. Before pointing the fingers at others, get Thais to sort out their own backyard first!

I just got back from Colombia, it is so clean compared to Thailand.

I have  a friend in Colombia that just came back from S.E. Asia, traveling for three months here.

Two days ago I asked how they liked it. The first words were, it is so dirty and everyone throws there trash on the ground. They said it was hard to enjoy the trip some time because of the filth.

They are both as bad as each other when it comes to this, the Chinese only take top spot as they are incredibly rude and lack any social skills (cutting in lines, shouting whilst talking to someone next to them etc).

Apart from one or two countries most of Asia have no idea about recycling, using bins, the issues caused by littering etc. All these things have been banded about in the west for decades. The problem here is endemic and with the locals being just as bad, if not worse, there is no solution is sight. 

The young generation here also have no idea about it I think. I am sure they must be told in Thai schools about the problems caused, but they obviously take no notice. There is a large Thai school near where I work, the mess around there at the end of the day is awful. I noticed a parent the other day get in her car, before she closed the door she left what looked like an empty drinks bottle inside a small 7/11 bag on the side of the pavement near her front wheel. Come on, what the hell is that all about? A chuffing middled aged woman <deleted>! 

30 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Apart from one or two countries most of Asia have no idea about recycling, using bins, the issues caused by littering etc.

Totally agree, a shining example of good education and enforcement in this regard is Singapore, where the majority of citizens are of Chinese origin and yet it is one of the cleanest Cities / Countries on the planet, which shows it can be done if it is wanted.

Thai's are good at complaining, just not good at doing anything about what they complain about.

For example, the rubbish collection in the estate I live in is amazingly sporadic and can be up to 3 weeks sometimes, I have tried to get the Thai's to go to the local Amphur office and complain, because it can be a major health hazard aside from looking horrible, they do complain amongst themselves, then accept this as normal.

Archived